Formula 1 2023

Anton Chigurh

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

The stuff they are doing with the sphere is cool, and some of the liveries and helmets are dope.

That’s the only positives I have so far.

The sphere is fucking wild. The amount of money they make from the ads alone is almost Super Bowl commercial level shit. 

I don't like Las Vegas in general. I don't like that F1 is doing all this Vegas "glamour" bullshit. The track looks boring. They way they are dicking fans with ticket prices and shutdowns is gross. The timing of the sessions is ridiculous and should be ridiculed.

The cars look pretty fucking cool going down The Strip at night.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

2 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Wait, just catching up….they did run FP2?

I’m confused,

Yes, I believe from 2:30 a.m to 4:00 a.m. local time. What's so confusing about that?!

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Some inspired problem solving on social media lol: the drain chicane!

7ls1ybzqsu0c1.png

Is that spot going to become an F1 tourist attraction when fans visit Las Vegas? People getting selfies with the water valve cover?

7 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

The sphere is fucking wild. The amount of money they make from the ads alone is almost Super Bowl commercial level shit. 

They are $1B in debt. In serious danger of Jewish Laser strike.

• Haha 1

"Safety is the most important thing!"

"Let's run cars going 210 mph at literally the dead of night when it's shown the human body is the most fatigued and the brain has the lowest clarity of thinking and response time."

7 hours ago, elfenix said:

Might as well see what time the Macau grand prix is

https://motorsport.tv/

packed schedule

07:40 ~ 08:00

Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix - 55th Edition - Warm Up

08:30 ~ 09:15

Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix - 55th Edition - Race (12 laps)

10:05 ~ 10:40

Macau Touring Car Cup - China Touring Car Championship - Race 1 (9 laps)

11:20 ~ 11:50

Macau Grand Prix 70th Anniversary Challenge - Race 1 (8 laps)

12:50 ~ 13:25

Macau Guia Race - Kumho TCR World Tour Event of Macau - Race 1 (9 laps)

14:05 ~ 15:05

Macau GT Cup - FIA GT World Cup - Qualification Race (12 laps)

15:50 ~ 16:50

Formula 3 Macau Grand Prix - FIA F3 World Cup - Qualifying Race (10 laps)

I don't know if that was option based on what I've seen. The whole valve box came out of the ground and not just the cover.  They need a completely different type of box that can be anchored in to the street more securely. 

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

Can you imagine paying whatever those schubs paid for their seats, getting to see 9 minutes of FP1, hanging around multiple hours for the beginning of a delayed FP2, then getting kicked out 30 minutes before the beginning of FP2 and seeing just 9 minutes total on-track action during the entire day (night)?

Shit

Show

Edited by utee94
  • Haha 1

Can you imagine paying whatever those schubs paid for their seats, getting to see 9 minutes of FP1, hanging around multiple hours for the beginning of a delayed FP2, then getting kicked out 30 minutes before the beginning of FP2 and seeing just 9 minutes total on-track action during the entire day (night)?
Shit
Show

Charge back city on the way for those folks. That's what I would do.

A contentious press conference with delayed FP2. The questioner is asking some stupid shit of Ferrari’s team principal in teh first couple of minutes. If anyone can grab from that broadcast it is interesting.

He tells him what Sainz said and how it is totally unacceptable, the interviewer says, “let’s look at the bigger picture”

Ferrari guys says, “This one is a good one. I don’t need to have a bigger picture than this one”.

Interviewer says, “tell us about all the fun stuff Ferrari is doing and tell us how awesome the Las Vegas Grand Prix is for Ferrari” (a bit of paraphrasing there)

”I’m not sure this is the topic for me today” and then says the F1 decision on Sainz was totally wrong, Toto chimes in and says some smartass shit and Ferrari guy answers that Toto would be mad too in his situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

In a morning meeting for the F1 Grand Prix:

"Sir, there's good news and bad news. First off, our social media engagement is through the roof! We're being talked about everywhere online - X, TikTok, YouTube - tons of content. There's a real buzz around the event!"

"Ok, so what's the bad news?"

image.png.4b89290ca7bfa1298281576b564b7a69.png

1 hour ago, G650 said:

That's a water valve box lid. It's amazing they had them run across that.

I've read there's been 30 some odd boxes that they've had to remediate. I think they're filling in the box with sand and then capping with quick concrete?

Idk this is such an incredible shit show, I would be PISSED if I shelled out thousands for the privilege of $30 drinks and getting kicked out while holding a ticket

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Yeah, that's the number.  I think covering them was the only option they had since there are so many combined with the time crunch.  They had to do something.  They are lucky it was just a car that got destroyed instead of a driver getting decapitated.  Massa almost got killed by a small 3-4" spring. 

Edited by kevwun
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Favorite comment from the broadcast team when they were wondering why Sainz stopped: “Maybe he saw a $20 blackjack table.”

thats funny, right there

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I've read there's been 30 some odd boxes that they've had to remediate. I think they're filling in the box with sand and then capping with quick concrete?

Idk this is such an incredible shit show, I would be PISSED if I shelled out thousands for the privilege of $30 drinks and getting kicked out while holding a ticket

I thought I read someplace online that these early practice sessions were free.

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I thought I read someplace online that these early practice sessions were free.

I don't think so - FP1 and FP2 were on the Thursday ticket which started around $200. Plus the cost of being in Vegas during F1 etc etc. Just a bummer for folks who paid a premium to get a subpar product

• Hook 'Em 1

Complete bullshit for Sainz to get hit w/ a grid penalty for something that is the track's responsibility.

btw:  #FlashbackFriday

On this day, 11 years ago, we were watching Qualifying at Circuit of the Americas for 1st the United States Grand Prix since 2007.

So Brundle was wrong when he talked about the penalty during the part of FP2 I watched.  The stewards said they could not grant a derogation to Sainz because of the way the rules are written, but added a note that said they would have done so if able.  Sounds a lot like stupid school zero tolerance policies.

30 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I hate to rain on the MB bitch party, but according to Crofty on the FP2 broadcast, there was no vote of the teams.  The penalty was applied per the rules.  

Doesn't make Toto any less of a bitch.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff-vegas-gp-manhole-incident-not-a-black-eye-for-f1/10547518/

"That is not a black eye, this is nothing," he said. "We are on Thursday night, we have a free practice session that we're not doing.

"They're going to see the drain covers and nobody's going to talk about that tomorrow morning anymore."

When interrupted by a disagreeing reporter, Wolff snapped back: "It's completely ridiculous. How can you even dare trying to talk bad about an event that sets the new standards to everything?

"And then you're speaking about a f*cking drain cover that's been undone. That has happened before. That's nothing.

"Give credit to the people that have set up this grand prix, that have made this sport much bigger than it ever was.

Nope, he doesn't sound like he's pushing an agenda at all. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1