NFL Week 14

shadow_operative2.0

8 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

again... another NFL defense up by 2 scores with less than 5 mins left in the game, and lets the other team go right down the fucking field TWICE.

It's ridiculous. Lay back and let them get 10 or 15 yards a pop, until they are in position to make a play for a score.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I think Tony Gonzalez is going to give Charissa Thompson a forearm shiver to get his stupid question in. She called him out on it. He’s a moron.

“What does the end of your career look like?” Uhh he just had this incredible comeback win. Can you stay on topic Tony?

That was dumb and she did throw cold water on him with eye roll.i

Josh McDaniel has lost to Jeff Saturday and Baker Mayfield in the same season.
Hasn't he already failed miserably as a head coach? I think with Denver a decade ago. No idea why Raiders thought he would be a good option. He's terrible. Another Patriots assistant that was propped up by the Brady machine. And why all those assistants suck when they go elsewhere
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Asu2215 said:

NYG punter gets flagged for an illegal kick (10 yard penalty and loss of down). Shouldn't it have really just been a missed FG via a drop kick?? 

From some officiating blog on Twitter. 

Giants punter Jamie Gillan mishandles the ball while punting and kicks the ball after it bounces on the ground. This is an illegal kick, which is 10 yards from the previous spot and a loss of down. Because this is not a punt but an illegally kicked loose ball, and since Gillan had possession of the snap, the 4th down fumble rule would apply (ball reverts back to the spot of the fumble) the Eagles could have declined if this was a better position.

For those questioning if this is a dropkick, the ball has bounced so there is no way we can count this as a dropkick. Even if the kick was executed as the ball touched the ground, we can see that this is not an attempt at a dropkick, so we don't try to force the square peg in a round hole. It is a botched punt attempt in all respects.

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

From some officiating blog on Twitter. 

I agree that it wasn't an attempt at a FG, but for fun's sake, I have to disagree with this from the blog: the ball has bounced so there is no way we can count this as a dropkick. That's actually the definition of a drop kick, so i might take this blog's advice with a grain of salt.