Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

19 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He was suspended by FIFA for 6 months after the bite. But the move to Barca had been on the cards since the previous season when he signed an extension with Liverpool. Most believed there was a gentleman’s agreement that he would play one more year at LFC and then get his wife to go to Barca. He was sold for 75 million pounds.

Yes, the move to Barca was in the works, but not because Liverpool wanted to get rid of him.  Suarez wanted the move to Barca, even in 2013.  I mean, c’mon, he was going to play with Messi and Neymar.  Liverpool did not want to get short changed on a release clause and extended his contract to enable a higher buyout to 75 million pounds.  Recall Arsenal previously tried to trigger his previous release clause of 40 million adding one pound to the offer.

This story comports with my recollection of the events:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarezs-transfer-liverpool-barcelona-3844797

Former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodger’s statement at the time on Liverpool’s official website:

“The club have done all they can over a sustained period of time to try to keep Luis at Liverpool. It is with great reluctance and following lengthy discussions we have eventually agreed to his wishes to move to Spain for new experiences and challenges. We wish him and his young family well; we will always consider them to be friends.”

Now we return you to this site’s regularly scheduled coverage of Beard’s firing.

5 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Some dudes just never learn. It took a knife then a gun but I figured that shit out 20 years ago.

Hold up, we gonna let that slide by without an ask on the details?  Was she hispanic, cause in my own personal experience, you cross the wrong one and she will most certainly try to cut your ass. 

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

everything i've heard about NYC is just that she was an embarrassing, drunken ass pretty much the entire time. the team, coaches, and families are all going out together, and apparently she's getting publicly drunk all day every day, being rude to people all around her, being rude to UT staff, being rude to Illinois fans in the stands, just being a sloppy, drunken jerk the entire trip. it was a distraction that irked everyone around beard and randi, beard included. how this guy did not realize that it was high time to get as far away from this chick as possible after that trip i have no idea. for a guy with so much going for him, who's spent the last two decades dedicating his life to get where he is, er, was, that's one pretty fucking huge blind spot. 

And then like a week later, and after a talking to from CDC, he's arrested for domestic assault. Oops.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

I want to hear more about the over-the-top incident in NYC.  Just interested to see how it compares with some of the experiences I've had to deal with in the past concerning crazy women who don't care about the scene they make in public.

Yeah. Not sure why it needs to be kept close to the vest at this point if it was a relatively public display.  Maybe it was not. 

eta: NVM, I see the subsequent posts. 

Edited by Anastasis

I don't know if NYC was any one thing in particular. Probably just that she treated people like shit and made everyone uncomfortable.

Beard seems like that friend you have when you're young that is constantly getting into bitter, horrible yelling matches with a GF/SO that everyone can hear/everyone knows about, then as soon as he's done being clearly emotionally not OK with her, sits down with the friend group and shoots the shit as if nothing just happened. "Oh she'll get over it, it's nothing". Yeah, OK, dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hold up, we gonna let that slide by without an ask on the details?  Was she hispanic, cause in my own personal experience, you cross the wrong one and she will most certainly try to cut your ass. 
Worse..she was from Louisiana, lived in Pleasant Grove and was insanely jealous.

It was bad enough she pulled a knife on me on my own house. But the backbreaker was when she pulled the gun(that I bought her) on me, again in my house. One of us was going to end up dead at the rate we were going.

I got the fuck away as soon as I could.
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

everything i've heard about NYC is just that she was an embarrassing, drunken ass pretty much the entire time. the team, coaches, and families are all going out together, and apparently she's getting publicly drunk all day every day, being rude to people all around her, being rude to UT staff, being rude to Illinois fans in the stands, just being a sloppy, drunken jerk the entire trip. it was a distraction that irked everyone around beard and randi, beard included. how this guy did not realize that it was high time to get as far away from this chick as possible after that trip i have no idea. for a guy with so much going for him, who's spent the last two decades dedicating his life to get where he is, er, was, that's one pretty fucking huge blind spot. 

I blame UT.  This is how all of this could have been handled:

CDC - Michael

Tom - Eltife

Beard - Fredo

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

They may have had whatever altercation they did because he was in process of extricating himself from her. Problem is, it’s at least 4.5 years too late. 

24 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

Yes, the move to Barca was in the works, but not because Liverpool wanted to get rid of him.  Suarez wanted the move to Barca, even in 2013.  I mean, c’mon, he was going to play with Messi and Neymar.  Liverpool did not want to get short changed on a release clause and extended his contract to enable a higher buyout to 75 million pounds.  Recall Arsenal previously tried to trigger his previous release clause of 40 million adding one pound to the offer.

This story comports with my recollection of the events:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarezs-transfer-liverpool-barcelona-3844797

Former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodger’s statement at the time on Liverpool’s official website:

“The club have done all they can over a sustained period of time to try to keep Luis at Liverpool. It is with great reluctance and following lengthy discussions we have eventually agreed to his wishes to move to Spain for new experiences and challenges. We wish him and his young family well; we will always consider them to be friends.”

Now we return you to this site’s regularly scheduled coverage of Beard’s firing.

I’m not going to argue here. You can bring this to the LFC thread if you’d like. But I never claimed LFC wanted rid of him. He was never released from LFC and the biting had zero to do with his sale.

8 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Worse..she was from Louisiana, lived in Pleasant Grove and was insanely jealous.

It was bad enough she pulled a knife on me on my own house. But the backbreaker was when she pulled the gun(that I bought her) on me, again in my house. One of us was going to end up dead at the rate we were going.

Huh. So she’s a) Cajun, b) a groverat, and c) insanely jealous. And you BOUGHT HER A GUN?!?!

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m not going to argue here. You can bring this to the LFC thread if you’d like. But I never claimed LFC wanted rid of him. He was never released from LFC and the biting had zero to do with his sale.

Exactly.  You posted to my response in dispute to an earlier post that indicated that Suarez was released by Liverpool due to the bite.  Sorry for any confusion, thought you were also indicating Liverpool was trying to get rid of him the year before.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Reminded me of this chick I dated on the soccer team.  I bought her some lace to defend against creepy dudes.  She ended up using it on me 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Glad you’re still with us, man. May want to edit your last sentence tho. 

• Like 1

you know... now that this is all pretty much over with...

is it OK if I admit that I always thought Chris Beard seemed like a colossal dickhead?

Because I always did, and pretty much kept my mouth shut through his whole tenure because everyone seemed so excited to have him on board... and then I saw how well our team played this year and had to admit that yeah, the guy really knew how to coach basketball.

And while I am surprised that he ended his tenure so soon and in this manner, I am entirely unsurprised that he doesn't seem to grasp the gravity of his misbehavior or how it made The University look. The things Tech fans have shared with us about his fiancee being a piece of work are not common knowledge; the fact that he strangled her and that is not a thing you should do, are.

I hope we make a good hire to replace him and I'm sorry that he turned out to have such awful judgment.

• Hook 'Em 9
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, Skipper said:

I disagree.  The only way he kept his job is if there was sufficient evidence to make the public reasonably believe that he had no fault in the incident.  Like the police starting to investigate Randi because she claims she bit herself.  Again, it was just never going to happen as stated in my post.   Contrition, Anger Management, etc. is what he should start doing now in order to help him get his next job.  That is exactly why Texas gave him the opportunity to resign.  He could have released a statement still proclaiming innocence of any crime but contrition for the situation and taking steps to improve himself.  Instead, his reaction has been litigation threats and signaling this will get messy.  I have zero doubt his lawyer explained all of this to him and this is the path that Beard is choosing to take so far.  Maybe he will calm down when he realizes fighting Texas on this will absolutely have a negative impact on his ability to restart his career.

Yep, the contract is clear and everyone is on notice that a mere felony arrest is sufficient cause for termination.

Now, we all have to realize that, at times, the completely innocent can be arrested for a felony and that it would be unjust to terminate based on essentially a wrongful arrest.  But termination based even on a wrongful arrest is probably legally sustainable, although I think everyone would agree that that would be harsh or unjust.

But the evidence that the arrest was wrongful has to come swiftly and be certain and that just didn't happen here.

As noted in the correspondence, the outcome of a criminal proceeding isn't determinative or relevant, unless it is because the arrest was wrongful.  Minton, of course, understood all this, but as an advocate had to focus on what he had, and that was that the arrest was in all likelihood proper along with the charges, but that they also likely would not result in conviction, for a variety of reasons, and maybe not even indictment.  But, again, none of that is strictly relevant to the contract, which provides a felony arrest, full stop, as sufficient cause for termination.  It doesn't require looking behind the arrest at all.

Beard probably doesn't understand or want to understand the subtleties of the situation.  He's got two things going on, a potential criminal prosecution and trial and maybe even conviction and the issue of his livelihood.  They are related, but separate, and apply separate standards and he can't or won't see that.  He seems to be an intense, kind of hardheaded fella that just may not be attuned to the sensitivities and his fight or flight response won't let him show contrition.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

is it OK if I admit that I always thought Chris Beard seemed like a colossal dickhead?

Because I always did, and pretty much kept my mouth shut through his whole tenure because everyone seemed so excited to have him on board... and then I saw how well our team played this year and had to admit that yeah, the guy really knew how to coach basketball.

And while I am surprised that he ended his tenure so soon and in this manner, I am entirely unsurprised that he doesn't seem to grasp the gravity of his misbehavior or how it made The University look. The things Tech fans have shared with us about his fiancee being a piece of work are not common knowledge; the fact that he strangled her and that is not a thing you should do, are.

I hope we make a good hire to replace him and I'm sorry that he turned out to have such awful judgment.

Loved kicking tech in the teeth for him but yes there were moments where he and his team rubbed me the wrong way

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

I haven't followed him all that closely, but I had the same sense.  It seems a lot of good coaches are pretty fringey personalities in a lot of, if not most, ways.

i mean if you haven't had an orgasm due entirely to prostrate stimulation, you haven't lived, that's all I'm sayin' here

Just get some hair conditioner up there and go to town next time you're in the shower. You'll thank me later

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Hey look  If she was on the soccer team I would have probably let her do anything she wanted. 

fit girls rule

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep, the contract is clear and everyone is on notice that a mere felony arrest is sufficient cause for termination.

Now, we all have to realize that, at times, the completely innocent can be arrested for a felony and that it would be unjust to terminate based on essentially a wrongful arrest.  But termination based even on a wrongful arrest is probably legally sustainable, although I think everyone would agree that that would be harsh or unjust.

But the evidence that the arrest was wrongful has to come swiftly and be certain and that just didn't happen here.

As noted in the correspondence, the outcome of a criminal proceeding isn't determinative or relevant, unless it is because the arrest was wrongful.  Minton, of course, understood all this, but as an advocate had to focus on what he had, and that was that the arrest was in all likelihood proper along with the charges, but that they also likely would not result in conviction, for a variety of reasons, and maybe not even indictment.  But, again, none of that is strictly relevant to the contract, which provides a felony arrest, full stop, as sufficient cause for termination.  It doesn't require looking behind the arrest at all.

Beard probably doesn't understand or want to understand the subtleties of the situation.  He's got two things going on, a potential criminal prosecution and trial and maybe even conviction and the issue of his livelihood.  They are related, but separate, and apply separate standards and he can't or won't see that.  He seems to be an intense, kind of hardheaded fella that just may not be attuned to the sensitivities and his fight or flight response won't let him show contrition.

Whatever the guilt or innocence, Beard could have handled the situation better Re: employment, and instead handled it pretty badly.

Just now, Anastasis said:

That's all cool and whatever.  But as far as I am concerned no more than one knuckle please. 

Hey, you gotta do whatever you're comfortable with. Don't need to go very far to hit that spot and WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

i mean if you haven't had an orgasm due entirely to prostrate stimulation, you haven't lived, that's all I'm sayin' here

Just get some hair conditioner up there and go to town next time you're in the shower. You'll thank me later

fit girls rule

What in the actual fuck is happening here

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ghost of Shag said:

What in the actual fuck is happening here

Look.  It is a dark time for our program right now, and we have established that Rimbo is OK with fingering his butthole in the shower. 

It is best for all we just look down at the floor and move on. 

• Haha 8

On 12/17/2022 at 12:17 PM, Macklemore said:

We are an SEC school now. It’s a whole new ballgame. The holier than thou attitude by some UT fans with respect to paying players is moot now with NIL. Our fan base will not accept not playing the game to win. UT is not going to stand being the Cal of the SEC. The old farts with the old UT fan mentality like jimmyjazz don’t matter anymore. Beard is staying. It’s the SEC way.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Loved kicking tech in the teeth for him but yes there were moments where he and his team rubbed me the wrong way

You went 0-2 vs Tech and 1-and-done in the tourney.  Pipe down, bro.

LOLz at the posters on this page, "I knew something was wrong with that guy."   yeah, well, you didn't say shit about it until the grand revelation.  How brave of you!

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

You went 0-2 vs Tech and 1-and-done in the tourney.  Pipe down, bro.

LOLz at the posters on this page, "I knew something was wrong with that guy."   yeah, well, you didn't say shit about it until the grand revelation.  How brave of you!

Triggered again on an opposing teams message board at 940 pm?   No worries.  We don’t want Adams.  

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

fit girls rule

Username definitely checks out

• Haha 3

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi