Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Assuming he’s been in this volatile relationship since before Texas, why didn’t they find this out before they hired him?

Who knows, maybe it wasn't that volatile?  Maybe it was and he had just never ended up in a jumpsuit in front of a judge before, but once he did....well I said what I said. 

30 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Maybe if you were 50 making $5 mil per year, you wouldn’t willingly choose to live with someone with a drug problem. 

What if I didn't know said person had a drug problem until after moving in with them because that was my situation.  You learn a lot about a person after you move in with them that you didn't know before.  It's easy to cast stones, but a DV arrest alone isn't the gold standard some of you think it is.

45 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

You’re not the head coach making 5 million dollars with a conduct clause in your contract so I’m not sure what the point of your story is.

That falsely accused individuals often get arrested for DV?

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Assuming he’s been in this volatile relationship since before Texas, why didn’t they find this out before they hired him?

I asked that very question much earlier in the thread, and it was dismissed out of hand, but I still think Crystal's lack of vetting such a candidate for such an important high-profile position was warranted, and it's Crystal's fault for not vetting the candidate for the important high-profile position to see if he had a batshit-crazy girlfriend, snorts coke from her navel, goes out on benders every time he has 2 or more days off in a row, is mean to animals, launders money for terrorists/cartels/the mob/SBF, etc.

If the position is so high-falutin', then it's on CDC for not vetting Beard for potential batshit-crazy girlfriends in his life!  Lulz.

26 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Her recant is on record.

She got him fired from probably the best job he will ever have and has ruined his reputation for at least the next few years (though I will go on record he will be back in coaching and this will eventually be forgotten by the non-UT world).

He should cut ties with her tomorrow and not look back.

Isn't he still banned from seeing her?  Pretty easy to cut ties at this point.

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Isn't he still banned from seeing her?  Pretty easy to cut ties at this point.

She doesn't own the house that she gets to stay in and he has to stay away from his own house?  How's that work?  How is his home-ownership effectively nullified? Where are Beard's homeowner/landowner rights to evict her?

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

Fuck that. If I’m making 5 million a year, I ain’t sleeping in no office.

That’s the thing. I said this like 3,000 posts ago but if I were him I would have rented the nicest hotel suite in Austin for the season and told her to not contact me again and be out by the end of the April 

It’s not like they had kids together 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

That’s the thing. I said this like 3,000 posts ago but if I were him I would have rented the nicest hotel suite in Austin for the season and told her to not contact me again and be out by the end of the April 

It’s not like they had kids together 

His office, a hotel, an AirBnb, even his backseat. Dude just had to leave as soon as she started shit with the glasses

• Hook 'Em 3

No hot takes. I understand how some feel differently about this. We had no choice. He’s gone. if I was ever lucky to get offered a job like Beard I’d be throwing myself at my employer’s mercy…if I fucked it up. Be contrite and apologize for having brought negative press to UT. Would have asked repeatedly what I can do to save my career if at all possible. If not, I’d have accepted my part in what I’d done and offer to resign. That’s just me. 

Hope we find us a good BB HC in our search. This sucks but we had no choice. I liked our letter. Beard and that woman will wind up in another incident but it won’t be on our watch (if they stay together.) 

Hook’em! 

I just put the Beth gif in there for y’all…

220F9BFF-D1EB-40C3-96F2-F4C38254DF98.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 3

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

No hot takes. I understand how some feel differently about this. We had no choice. He’s gone. if I was ever lucky to get offered a job like Beard I’d be throwing myself at my employer’s mercy…if I fucked it up. Be contrite and apologize for having brought negative press to UT. Would have asked repeatedly what I can do to save my career if at all possible. If not, I’d have accepted my part in what I’d done and offer to resign. That’s just me. 

Hope we find us a good BB HC in our search. This sucks but we had no choice. I liked our letter. Beard and that woman will wind up in another incident but it won’t be on our watch (if they stay together.) 

Hook’em! 

I just put the Beth gif in there for y’all…

220F9BFF-D1EB-40C3-96F2-F4C38254DF98.gif

Saturday Night Live Snl GIF

• Haha 2

Three weeks too late but lawyers gotta lawyer. 

Fuck you, Beard, you piece of shit. His attorneys letter and statements show to me he is guilty as can be and has absolutely zero recourse for the bad light his actions caused the program. Fuck you, again.

Hope the portal is somewhat kind for 2023-24 but that requires fast action on a coach probably. My guess is we are one and out this year and pretty awful next with most decent or better players gone  

• Fuck You 2

37 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I am curious about the timing and what occurred or did not occur to cause them to send him a letter today giving him two hours to resign.  

Same.  The facts needed to reach this decision have been available since day one, approximately.

According to Minton (yeah, but I don't think he's going to wildly misrepresent anything), there wasn't any real investigation by the University.

If I had to guess, it would be simply dithering on the part of the BoR/Eltife.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Why? Like 95% of the players that hit the portal won't happen until after the season is over. 

Can they portal during the tourney? My fear is we can’t hire a coach until summer and big portal names are gone. To be fair I don’t know the portal schedule for mbb 

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

UT's investigation probably had very little to do with what happened that night and a lot more to do with "could it happen again?"

The events of that night sucked but the risk of it happening again with Beard still on our payroll as a head coach...that's the risk being mitigated here.  

"YOU KNEW, AND YET YOU DID NOTHING"

Hell if I was running it somebody could come to me and say, "here is all the evidence that Chris Beard didn't do a damn thing that night, this was all completely fabricated by his fiance" and I would put a tail on Beard and if he was still seen and known too be with her that would be enough to think, "well this could happen again...fuck that"

Is that how it went down? Unlikely, but some folks can't seem to square that UT obviously found enough to have concerns that this could happen AGAIN on their watch and the conduct unbecoming is thee way out of making sure something like that doesn't happen.

He was pretty fucked the moment he showed up in a jumpsuit in front of judge because from there on out the evidence had to show a 0.0% chance it could happen again.  

Yeah, that's pretty much the realization that I came to after the first few days of this shitshow. We've all known a few couples that had a fiery relationship and were constantly having blowout fights. I can't for the life of me figure why people willingly put up with that shit, but people are wired different ways.

1.) If he sticks with his fiance, even if everything was her fault/made up BS, there's a non-negligible chance that the cops get called to their house again. I've heard rumors that there have been other incidents with the two of them in public, and if that's the case, I just cant see the University rolling the dice that this incident wont repeat. 

2.) If he cuts bait with her immediately, how confident can you be that something similar wont go down with another women he dates. He is an intense fiery guy that I'm guessing like to throw a few back every now and again. It took all of 18 months here in Austin for this shit to go down. 

This wasnt just a public verbal spat that someone recorded on their phone and uploaded to the internet. That shit would blow over, and a second chance would be expected. This was an arrest for DV with Beards mugshot all over the internet. Much harder to justify second chances when there's an arrest in the mix. The primary purpose of this university is not to win basketball games, or at least that is not what the people making the decisions here would consider the primary purpose of the university to be. And ultimately that's all that matters. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi