Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Like you said, doesn't make sense to wait this long and fire him without an investigation, if that's true. Either fire him immediately, gather more info and then fire him, or wait for the legal process to play out.

The employer's investigation and the legal process are not the same thing at all. They have different needs, different goals, different standards, and different timetables.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, immamac said:

If Chris Beard was somewhere for an away game and his fiancé claimed he choked her and went to TMZ and all that shit and basically conducted a slander campaign when there was no possible way Beard did it because he was in the same room as CDC during the alleged attack etc, then yeah that's not conduct unbecoming even if TMZ runs it and it becomes national headlines. That's an unfortunate series of events that would likely lead to a slander lawsuit that the university would let play out.

Instead, regardless of the false or truth in the crime and imprisonment, he was very publicly arrested for something very very bad and also waltzed out for the world to see dressed in prison clothing. 

Pretend the legal system wasn't even involved in any way and no one was arrested or whatever, just imagine that Chris Beard was "just fucking around" and got dressed in prison jumpies and went on a nationally televised or nationally available media thing and joked about doing something criminal that he didn't do. THAT ALONE is enough to be unbecoming. Let alone that the circumstances were far far more damaging than just a fucking joke and a costume. 

Also to the people saying the BoR is more than one person and that Kevin Eltife doesn't have the power to do anything by himself - you really have no idea how any of this works. If Eltife wants it done it's happening, this isn't the fucking house of representatives with a bunch of rogue actors who are going to vote against anyone, this is a well oiled machine headed up by a single person at the Chair. 

https://www.utsystem.edu/news/2021/09/08/statement-university-of-texas-system-board-of-regents-chairman-kevin-p-eltife

literally shut the fuck up about this guy not being "the guy".

You short people really stick together huh?

15 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

And he's going to argue that he was totally innocent.  Unless we are going to say that being falsely arrested is grounds for termination, then there is an argument about what actually happened.  That is my point here.  I think firing him was the right decision, although I do not understand why they waited so long if they were not really doing any additional investigation.  But I am just not as willing as most to think that Beard does not have a legal avenue to complain if he so chooses.

He wasn’t “falsely arrested”. You can read his statement from the night of. A physical altercation happened for which he was arrested. It doesn’t matter if he is guilty or innocent of a crime. An incident happened that lead to his arrest and that incident wasn’t some sort of slander. He has no legal legs 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

He did ENOUGH to get arrested for domestic violence.  He has a mugshot and video being in handcuffs in front of a judge.  He did enough for that to happen.  And that is enough for UT to terminate him.

I really don’t understand how anyone can’t see this. It’s quite astounding. 

15 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Also, I'm passionate about this because when I was in college I got into a fight with my roommate.  We were kicking him out because we discovered he had a drug problem.  He did not take that well and attacked me.  I defended myself but got the worst of it and was arrested for domestic violence since I admitted to taking a swing at him.  He was also arrested.  I ended up in the hospital with multiple factures in my face, but was still arrested for DV.  I was never charged.

Again, these circumstances are different, but being arrested in these cases by no means you actually did something.  If the police come out for a DV call, someone is going to jail that night.

You’re not the head coach making 5 million dollars with a conduct clause in your contract so I’m not sure what the point of your story is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I would like to know what was said to prompt the "does not understand the significance of his behavior" part of that letter. 

Yeah, that seemed odd... that maybe his attorney wouldn't let him do a mea culpa for the Administration and they saw that intransigence as a sign to fire him... idk 

24 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The fact that Beard is now beholden to her makes it very likely something embarrassing or bad happens again in the future.  That isn't a situation that is going away for him.  He's going to have to stay on her good side forever and if she's crazy, good luck with that.

How is he beholden to her in any way?

26 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Honest question...do you think if Beard had done nothing at all, she would've called the cops at 2:00 a.m.?  

Regardless of how much she recants, she didn't call the cops at 2:00 a.m. and have him arrested because he was sitting on his bed reading a book.

As the head coach of a University of Texas intercollegiate athletics program making millions of dollars and being one of two national faces of the entire university, you have to demonstrate behavior that far exceeds the standards that the rest of us have to live by.  Too much at stake.

He did ENOUGH to get arrested for domestic violence.  He has a mugshot and video being in handcuffs in front of a judge.  He did enough for that to happen.  And that is enough for UT to terminate him.

Well put.

Plus you have to be born yesterday to think that APD arrested one of the most famous people in Austin, a rich white man nonetheless, for a 3rd degree felony without pretty clear evidence that something went down.

Also notice that Randi's statement never said "Chris didn't hit me." It just said she did not refute that he was physical with her in self-defense. Which suggests everyone agrees he was physical with her. Being physical with a woman to the point you're charged with a felony is simply unacceptable conduct for someone making $5 million a year to represent the University of Texas at Austin.

I liked Beard a lot as a coach, but it's bigger than basketball.

No matter what happened, it's a shame for everyone involved. And now it's done. Time to move forward.

3 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

Is the wedding still on?

God I hope not. For everyone involved. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

Weird that in her "recant" statement she basically fucking nails him to the cross while using his name, which he didn't dispute which means it is implied that he accepts this as truth, as well as his lawyer walking around saying LOOK AT HER STATEMENT in his pathetic letters.

There it is plain as day, unbecoming behavior spelled out in plain mother fucking English. 

What did Chris Beard do? University of Texas basketball coach's fiancée Randi  Trew takes back strangling allegations

Yep.  That simple little two-letter word is all you need to know..."we".  "WE have brought negative attention upon...the University of Texas."

She didn't bring the negative attention all by herself.

Hell, this may be UT's entire defense all rolled up into a single sentence.

7 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

How is he beholden to her in any way?

He's beating the charges only with her help.  And she can cause a scandal at any moment by saying she did it for money or out of fear or for whatever other reason pops in to her head.  She's always going to be holding an axe above his neck short of a large payoff and an NDA.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He wasn’t “falsely arrested”. You can read his statement from the night of. A physical altercation happened for which he was arrested. It doesn’t matter if he is guilty or innocent of a crime. An incident happened that lead to his arrest and that incident wasn’t some sort of slander. He has no legal legs 

Maybe I missed it, but he never admitted to hitting her, did he?

37 minutes ago, immamac said:

Also to the people saying the BoR is more than one person and that Kevin Eltife doesn't have the power to do anything by himself - you really have no idea how any of this works. If Eltife wants it done it's happening, this isn't the fucking house of representatives with a bunch of rogue actors who are going to vote against anyone, this is a well oiled machine headed up by a single person at the Chair. 

Yep. Anyone who’s ever served on a Board knows it’s extremely unified and takes on the personality of the Chairman / President. There are rarely dissensions. I’ve coming into my third year on a Board and there have been zero times anyone has disputed Chairman initiatives. 

4 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Being physical with a woman to the point you're charged with a felony is simply unacceptable conduct for someone making $5 million a year to represent the University of Texas at Austin.

Agreed.  If a woman is attacking you, run.  If you cannot run, just die.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Also, I'm passionate about this because when I was in college I got into a fight with my roommate.  We were kicking him out because we discovered he had a drug problem.  He did not take that well and attacked me.  I defended myself but got the worst of it and was arrested for domestic violence since I admitted to taking a swing at him.  He was also arrested.  I ended up in the hospital with multiple factures in my face, but was still arrested for DV.  I was never charged.

Again, these circumstances are different, but being arrested in these cases by no means you actually did something.  If the police come out for a DV call, someone is going to jail that night.

Maybe if you were 50 making $5 mil per year, you wouldn’t willingly choose to live with someone with a drug problem. 

Did it ever come out who called 911 ???
Found this:
"Austin police told ESPN they received a "disturbance hotshot" call, and officers were dispatched to the 1900 block of Vista Lane shortly after midnight Monday. The Austin Police Department's website defines a "hotshot" call as "incidents which are in progress are an immediate threat to life and/or public safety. ... These calls are dispatched immediately." 

Nothing on the 1900 block of Vista, according to the Google Street view, screams I make 5MM bucks.

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He's beating the charges only with her help.  And she can cause a scandal at any moment by saying she did it for money or out of fear or for whatever other reason pops in to her head.  She's always going to be holding an axe above his neck short of a large payoff and an NDA.

He can get out of that really quickly. If she hasn’t been kicked to the curb already she will in short order.  I wouldn’t want her cooperation. I’d want to be done with her. Beard isn’t going to see jail time and I doubt he gets charged. She’s publicly recanted. I’d say “I dare you, crazy bitch”. Never let someone ever have control over your life. 

6 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I doubt the DA wants to rely on a double recanted victim testimony in order to prosecute.  

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

I doubt the DA wants to rely on a double recanted victim testimony in order to prosecute.  

You can't triple recant a double recant!

can too!

Can not! 

Seriously though-you criminal attorneys, how bad does it look for Beard---if his case were to advance---to break up with her right now?  Like formally, get-yo-shit, gimme the checkbook breakup?

2 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

But don't bet against a $1000/hr attorney arguing until he runs out of breath, which is never.

Yep. He doesn't have a good hand but can make this messy.  Lot of non-lawyers opining on what the final resolution would be and not the path to get there.  See Bev Kearney situation which isn't near as high profile as this.  It's a shitty situation all around and looks like Beard isn't going to take the high road and accept responsibility.  That path seems more likely to land him another job soon which is where his focus should be.  Maybe he'll come to realize that.  We'll see.

Plus you have to be born yesterday to think that APD arrested one of the most famous people in Austin, a rich white man nonetheless, for a 3rd degree felony without pretty clear evidence that something went down

LOL.

the cop who placed the cuffs on him had his first round paid for by the other cops.

Next year will almost certainly be an all new staff with all new players and a full scale rebuild. That being said, RT needs to convince the current roster to buy in and go all out for just 3 more months, and then they can quit/transfer/go pro. This team has the talent and are fully capable of making a deep run in this tournament. After this season, it’s likely the program will be down for a while, so go out with a bang

Edited by perfectchaos007

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

You can't triple recant a double recant!

can too!

Can not! 

Seriously though-you criminal attorneys, how bad does it look for Beard---if his case were to advance---to break up with her right now?  Like formally, get-yo-shit, gimme the checkbook breakup?

Her recant is on record.

She got him fired from probably the best job he will ever have and has ruined his reputation for at least the next few years (though I will go on record he will be back in coaching and this will eventually be forgotten by the non-UT world).

He should cut ties with her tomorrow and not look back.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Uncle Nate said:

Her recant is on record.

She got him fired from probably the best job he will ever have and has ruined his reputation for at least the next few years (though I will go on record he will be back in coaching and this will eventually be forgotten by the non-UT world).

But you have seen "Dumb & Dumber"?  

Yeah, I was just thinking if it ever got to jury trial (which I seriously doubt)---how it would look to a jury that he kicked her ass to the curb that same week.  Ah well, it never gets that far.  Maybe a civil trial at worst.  Despite being one of only 2 A's I got in law school, CrimPro...I know jackshit (and thankfully so) about our criminal justice system.

5 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Her recant is on record.

Point of order: he got himself fired by retaliating. He should have left, driven to and slept in his office instead. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kevwun said:

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Next year will almost certainly be an all new staff with all new players and a full scale rebuild. That being said, RT needs to convince the current roster to buy in and go all out for just 3 more months, and then they can quit/transfer/go pro. This team has the talent and are fully capable of making a deep run in this tournament. After this season, it’s likely the program will be down for a while, so go out with a bang

I think it will be more like the Mike Wacker season…

5 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

How much are the Tech fans masturbating to this?  Where slorch at?

Not at all.

I said early on (first 5 pages) that I hate this for Beard and wished it hadn't happened.  Still do.  No matter how fervent I am towards him as an opposing coach who ditched us, I would never wish this on anyone.  You don't want to see someone destroy their life like this.

I hate it for everyone involved, but probably most for the student athletes this ultimately impacts.  At some point you have to put the fandom and rivalry aside and be a human about these things.

Edited by Uncle Nate
  • Hook 'Em 5

UT's investigation probably had very little to do with what happened that night and a lot more to do with "could it happen again?"

The events of that night sucked but the risk of it happening again with Beard still on our payroll as a head coach...that's the risk being mitigated here.  

"YOU KNEW, AND YET YOU DID NOTHING"

Hell if I was running it somebody could come to me and say, "here is all the evidence that Chris Beard didn't do a damn thing that night, this was all completely fabricated by his fiance" and I would put a tail on Beard and if he was still seen and known too be with her that would be enough to think, "well this could happen again...fuck that"

Is that how it went down? Unlikely, but some folks can't seem to square that UT obviously found enough to have concerns that this could happen AGAIN on their watch and the conduct unbecoming is thee way out of making sure something like that doesn't happen.

He was pretty fucked the moment he showed up in a jumpsuit in front of judge because from there on out the evidence had to show a 0.0% chance it could happen again.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

Unlikely, but some folks can't seem to square that UT obviously found enough to have concerns that this could happen AGAIN on their watch and the conduct unbecoming is thee way out of making sure something like that doesn't happen.

Assuming he’s been in this volatile relationship since before Texas, why didn’t they find this out before they hired him?

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Assuming he’s been in this volatile relationship since before Texas, why didn’t they find this out before they hired him?

Because most coaches have messy personal lives.  Being a good head coach at this level usually comes along with some not so great personality characteristics and hobbies.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi