Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

You have to be somewhat of a piece of shit to peddle a "unite the family" message and then get arrested for felony assault on a family member.

I don't think Chris Beard is the person he presents himself to be. Especially after reading that letter. He could have shown some contrition by resigning. Fuck him. Good riddance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Strange how this UT prof plead guilty to his domestic abuse felony of strangling his gf and kept his UT job anyway:

https://thedailytexan.com/2018/01/26/ut-professor-continues-job-after-domestic-abuse-charges/

I wonder what the employment contracts for Professors looks like.  

2 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

By the way I ultimately agree with UT decision, even though it sucks for the program.  But just one more time, here is both letters, for those that obviously have not read them.  The UT response does not fuck around.

Flu6z0JWYA49_Bu?format=jpg&name=large

Flu7IyFWYCELO7y?format=jpg&name=large

The University letter knocked it out of the park

It's more than winning games.  Beard absolutely failed the other portions of the job. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I guess we'll see if Beard ends up suing.  My bet is it is not thrown out immediately, but obviously I am in the minority.

If Beard ever wants to coach college basketball again, he will issue a statement apologizing for his actions and for putting the university in the spot that he did. He will thank them for the opportunity and gracefully step away.

If he wants to be blacklisted from the profession, he should dig in his heels and try to sue the university because they fired him for a very reasonable cause.

5 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I did but they didn't outline any actions that were unbecoming.  Staying silent while charges are pending is not an unbecoming action, and arguing that it is is about as flimsy as it gets.  

Honest question...do you think if Beard had done nothing at all, she would've called the cops at 2:00 a.m.?  

Regardless of how much she recants, she didn't call the cops at 2:00 a.m. and have him arrested because he was sitting on his bed reading a book.

As the head coach of a University of Texas intercollegiate athletics program making millions of dollars and being one of two national faces of the entire university, you have to demonstrate behavior that far exceeds the standards that the rest of us have to live by.  Too much at stake.

He did ENOUGH to get arrested for domestic violence.  He has a mugshot and video being in handcuffs in front of a judge.  He did enough for that to happen.  And that is enough for UT to terminate him.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

If UT is going to stay out of court, they are going to have to prove they win even assuming the facts are as Beard alleges.  So assuming that he alleges that he is totally innocent and never did anything physical, then what is the conduct unbecoming?  Being falsely accused of a crime and then being falsely imprisoned for that crime?

Obviously that is probably not what happened, but if UT is going to avoid a trial altogether, it's difficult to do on a loose standard like "conduct unbecoming."

If Chris Beard was somewhere for an away game and his fiancé claimed he choked her and went to TMZ and all that shit and basically conducted a slander campaign when there was no possible way Beard did it because he was in the same room as CDC during the alleged attack etc, then yeah that's not conduct unbecoming even if TMZ runs it and it becomes national headlines. That's an unfortunate series of events that would likely lead to a slander lawsuit that the university would let play out.

Instead, regardless of the false or truth in the crime and imprisonment, he was very publicly arrested for something very very bad and also waltzed out for the world to see dressed in prison clothing. 

Pretend the legal system wasn't even involved in any way and no one was arrested or whatever, just imagine that Chris Beard was "just fucking around" and got dressed in prison jumpies and went on a nationally televised or nationally available media thing and joked about doing something criminal that he didn't do. THAT ALONE is enough to be unbecoming. Let alone that the circumstances were far far more damaging than just a fucking joke and a costume. 

Also to the people saying the BoR is more than one person and that Kevin Eltife doesn't have the power to do anything by himself - you really have no idea how any of this works. If Eltife wants it done it's happening, this isn't the fucking house of representatives with a bunch of rogue actors who are going to vote against anyone, this is a well oiled machine headed up by a single person at the Chair. 

https://www.utsystem.edu/news/2021/09/08/statement-university-of-texas-system-board-of-regents-chairman-kevin-p-eltife

literally shut the fuck up about this guy not being "the guy".

5 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

By the way I ultimately agree with UT decision, even though it sucks for the program.  But just one more time, here is both letters, for those that obviously have not read them.  The UT response does not fuck around.

Flu6z0JWYA49_Bu?format=jpg&name=large

Flu7IyFWYCELO7y?format=jpg&name=large

They should have had @blacklab write the response in the style he used for Figurelli.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Honest question...do you think if Beard had done nothing at all, she would've called the cops at 2:00 a.m.?  

Regardless of how much she recants, she didn't call the cops at 2:00 a.m. and have him arrested because he was sitting on his bed reading a book.

Not only that, but you know that the cops would have found a reason to not book someone of that profile if there was any wiggle room.  The fact that he was in cuffs so quickly is a telltale sign that shit was BAD, regardless of what may be recanted after the fact.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

As the head coach of a University of Texas intercollegiate athletics program making millions of dollars and being one of two national faces of the entire university, you have to demonstrate behavior that far exceeds the standards that the rest of us have to live by.  Too much at stake.

He did ENOUGH to get arrested for domestic violence.  He has a mugshot and video being in handcuffs in front of a judge.  He did enough for that to happen.  And that is enough for UT to terminate him.

According to her own statement, she literally accosted him and broke his glasses while he was sitting down and reading, but calling the cops is one step too far?

My guess is that something physical happened, but it seems like a line-drawing exercise to try to determine exactly what she was capable of doing because she was mad at him for not paying her enough attention.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not only that, but you know that the cops would have found a reason to not book someone of that profile if there was any wiggle room.  The fact that he was in cuffs so quickly is a telltale sign that shit was BAD, regardless of what may be recanted after the fact.

wait till you find out that Chris Beard wasn't even home when the cops got there and willingly came back to get arrested. 

The fact that Beard is now beholden to her makes it very likely something embarrassing or bad happens again in the future.  That isn't a situation that is going away for him.  He's going to have to stay on her good side forever and if she's crazy, good luck with that.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not only that, but you know that the cops would have found a reason to not book someone of that profile if there was any wiggle room.  The fact that he was in cuffs so quickly is a telltale sign that shit was BAD, regardless of may be recanted after the fact.

lol.

cops LIVE to arrest celebrities.  they fucking love it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

You're experience with cops must be very different that my, admitted second hand experience.  My wife used to do civil cases involving the cops and their MO generally seemed to be arrest first, worry about everything else later.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

WTF is couching 0e4f70cf4ee4ea5c8dead05dc3345410.jpg

"Hello, is this 911?"

Yes, 'mam, what is the problem?"

"I would like to report that in no way have I been choked, slapped, punched and assaulted by my fiance." 

"Okay, 'mam, we are sending a squad car over right now!!!"

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

If Chris Beard was somewhere for an away game and his fiancé claimed he choked her and went to TMZ and all that shit and basically conducted a slander campaign when there was no possible way Beard did it because he was in the same room as CDC during the alleged attack etc, then yeah that's not conduct unbecoming even if TMZ runs it and it becomes national headlines. That's an unfortunate series of events that would likely lead to a slander lawsuit that the university would let play out.

Instead, regardless of the false or truth in the crime and imprisonment, he was very publicly arrested for something very very bad and also waltzed out for the world to see dressed in prison clothing. 

Pretend the legal system wasn't even involved in any way and no one was arrested or whatever, just imagine that Chris Beard was "just fucking around" and got dressed in prison jumpies and went on a nationally televised or nationally available media thing and joked about doing something criminal that he didn't do. THAT ALONE is enough to be unbecoming. Let alone that the circumstances were far far more damaging than just a fucking joke and a costume. 

Also to the people saying the BoR is more than one person and that Kevin Eltife doesn't have the power to do anything by himself - you really have no idea how any of this works. If Eltife wants it done it's happening, this isn't the fucking house of representatives with a bunch of rogue actors who are going to vote against anyone, this is a well oiled machine headed up by a single person at the Chair. 

https://www.utsystem.edu/news/2021/09/08/statement-university-of-texas-system-board-of-regents-chairman-kevin-p-eltife

literally shut the fuck up about this guy not being "the guy".

While I agree with you in principle, the idea there can't be any rogue actors on the board of regents is not accurate based on its history. But yeah, there aren't any on this board. It's certainly not a democracy, that's for sure. Titles matter. And "Chairman" is a big title. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Or wait till you find out that there had been many public, witnessed by many verbal altercations that were far beyond the realm of "okay" leading up to the accusations of physical violence. 

Sure, but if the university knew about them and chose to ignore them and instead keep them as some sort of potential future negotiation leverage that would be pretty bad right?   Oh, hey, we know you hit your fiance but she didn't call the cops so that's ok, but as soon as it hits the press that's not OK.  That's fucked up and I hope the university is better than that (I know they're not).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Yeah, and they are going to show his arrest record and his mugshot. The University has the cause pretty well defined.

And he's going to argue that he was totally innocent.  Unless we are going to say that being falsely arrested is grounds for termination, then there is an argument about what actually happened.  That is my point here.  I think firing him was the right decision, although I do not understand why they waited so long if they were not really doing any additional investigation.  But I am just not as willing as most to think that Beard does not have a legal avenue to complain if he so chooses.

Did it ever come out who called 911 ???

Found this:

"Austin police told ESPN they received a "disturbance hotshot" call, and officers were dispatched to the 1900 block of Vista Lane shortly after midnight Monday. The Austin Police Department's website defines a "hotshot" call as "incidents which are in progress are an immediate threat to life and/or public safety. ... These calls are dispatched immediately." 

Edited by LTtxfan

Also, I'm passionate about this because when I was in college I got into a fight with my roommate.  We were kicking him out because we discovered he had a drug problem.  He did not take that well and attacked me.  I defended myself but got the worst of it and was arrested for domestic violence since I admitted to taking a swing at him.  He was also arrested.  I ended up in the hospital with multiple factures in my face, but was still arrested for DV.  I was never charged.

Again, these circumstances are different, but being arrested in these cases by no means you actually did something.  If the police come out for a DV call, someone is going to jail that night.

Edited by JesusSweatDuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

The people saying Beard should not have been terminated because he was never found guilty, etc, must be the same people who claimed Ezekiel Eliot's suspension was unjust because he was never charged. 

Where are Lance Armstrong supporters  in your venn diagram?

Edited by petscii
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Did it ever come out who called 911 ???

Found this"Austin police told ESPN they received a "disturbance hotshot" call, and officers were dispatched to the 1900 block of Vista Lane shortly after midnight Monday. The Austin Police Department's website defines a "hotshot" call as "incidents which are in progress are an immediate threat to life and/or public safety. ... These calls are dispatched immediately." 

I thought it took police 2 hrs to get there. That wouldn’t make sense but I don’t know which story is correct.

4 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

And he's going to argue that he was totally innocent.  Unless we are going to say that being falsely arrested is grounds for termination, then there is an argument about what actually happened.  That is my point here.  I think firing him was the right decision, although I do not understand why they waited so long if they were not really doing any additional investigation.  But I am just not as willing as most to think that Beard does not have a legal avenue to complain if he so chooses.

Agree with all this. 

Like you said, doesn't make sense to wait this long and fire him without an investigation, if that's true. Either fire him immediately, gather more info and then fire him, or wait for the legal process to play out. Of course, maybe they did gather facts and Beards lawyer's letter is wrong. 

Also agree that he does have a legal avenue. Theoretically, if he were completely innocent and falsely arrested, I doubt they could fire him for cause. Obviously we don't the facts and how the legal process will unfold, but we know what he'll argue.

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Agree with all this. 

Like you said, doesn't make sense to wait this long and fire him without an investigation, if that's true. Either fire him immediately, gather more info and then fire him, or wait for the legal process to play out. Of course, maybe they did gather facts and Beards lawyer's letter is wrong. 

Also agree that he does have a legal avenue. Theoretically, if he were completely innocent and falsely arrested, I doubt they could fire him for cause. Obviously we don't the facts and how the legal process will unfold, but we know what he'll argue.

Beard's lawyer seems about as good as Alex Jones' lawyer. I bet the UT lawyers got to see the body cam footage, heard the 911 call and saw the bruises, etc. 

Weird that in her "recant" statement she basically fucking nails him to the cross while using his name, which he didn't dispute which means it is implied that he accepts this as truth, as well as his lawyer walking around saying LOOK AT HER STATEMENT in his pathetic letters.

There it is plain as day, unbecoming behavior spelled out in plain mother fucking English. 

What did Chris Beard do? University of Texas basketball coach's fiancée Randi  Trew takes back strangling allegations

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Give the SID/Belmont some credit.  I know they don't wanna touch this yet, but my first message from them this afternoon was to be sure to get $9 seats to a women's home game 5 days from now.  

I'm sure even Bill Little shouted down the hall, "Are you fucking kidding me?  Either address it or shut the hell up!"  

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi