Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Otherwise known in long term relationships as the "I'm going to grandstand and act like I'm above this argument by opening and shutting exactly one door, knowing it will just piss you off even more because that's funny to me." A classic.

Tell us why you really hate Beard. It's not because of this, is it? 

Screenshot_20240131_190026_Google.thumb.jpg.113cc24deac109f10a49fe48b31457d8.jpg

3 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Hey mods. This round goes to Derka.  I’ll begrudgingly acknowledge that.  Can we change the thread title to:

Not a Huge Piece of Shit and not an alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

not to worry.  the next round will go to you when Chris Beard takes Ole Miss(yes that Ole Miss) to the Final Four some year and there isn't one mention of why he left Texas. 

24 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

not to worry.  the next round will go to you when Chris Beard takes Ole Miss(yes that Ole Miss) to the Final Four some year and there isn't one mention of why he left Texas. 

I believe there's a good chance he's hired by Kentucky very soon, so he better make it to a Final Four quickly. 

No inside scoop. It's just been my theory since he was first arrested. Get fired at Texas. Get hired by someone else who doesn't care about the optics. Win at a high level. Get hired to replace Calipari, who has worn out his welcome in Lexington. 

Edited by SL Xpress
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

I believe there's a good chance he's hired by Kentucky very soon, so he better make it to a Final Four quickly. 

well sure.  CTH can win the next round when at the Kentucky press conference no one in the media mentions why he left Texas.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

well sure.  CTH can win the next round when at the Kentucky press conference no one in the media mentions why he left Texas.

I don't really think about posting on message boards as winning, but I get what you're saying. 

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Tell us why you really hate Beard. It's not because of this, is it? 

Screenshot_20240131_190026_Google.thumb.jpg.113cc24deac109f10a49fe48b31457d8.jpg

Yes, you caught me. I'm a huge follower of Buzz Williams' Texas A&M basketball, and I'm absolutely furious that Chris Beard is going to cause my team to finish 10th in the SEC, instead of 9th.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yes, you caught me. I'm a huge follower of Buzz Williams' Texas A&M basketball, and I'm absolutely furious that Chris Beard is going to cause my team to finish 10th in the SEC, instead of 9th.

When Buzz is fired, it won't shock me if your school went after Beard with broad support from your fans and alumni. 

8 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

No inside scoop. It's just been my theory since he was first arrested. Get fired at Texas. Get hired by someone else who doesn't care about the optics. Win at a high level. Get hired to replace Calipari, who has worn out his welcome in Lexington. 

The old Billy Gillispie route. I bet he finishes it off with another embarrassing arrest too! 

8 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Don't be sad... we got RT who will likely help us race to the bottom w/ you next year

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

He has some indicators of being a highly functioning alcoholic, imo

I think he went sober for at least a year.  I know he used to hit up Donn's Depot (haven't we all) for a bit.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Rumor around LBK was Chris is/was a fan of the ol' booger sugar

Prereq to live in that shithole

13 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

UK doesn't care either.  Kinda surprised they just didn't hire him last year, but I guess Cal still had enough support to hang on.  I will be surprised if there is any outcome other than this.

6 minutes ago, cochamps said:

UK doesn't care either.  Kinda surprised they just didn't hire him last year, but I guess Cal still had enough support to hang on.  I will be surprised if there is any outcome other than this.

UK fans didn’t seem upset when Cal’s name popped up for the Texas job last year. 

1 minute ago, cochamps said:

No doubt, but maybe just not enough impetus to put their foot in his rear and kick him out the door...

They owe him 75% if they fire him without cause. They’d rather he just leave 

In addition to Calipari taking the special assistant opt-out, there are two other ways this could all end early: Calipari can elect to step away, or Kentucky can fire him.

If Calipari leaves, say for a head coaching job and a new wardrobe of burnt orange, he can do so without paying any sort of penalty. His buyout is precisely $0. But if Kentucky wants to fire him without cause, the school is going to owe him 75% of what remains in base and supplemental pay. Here’s how that breaks down by year:

• If Calipari is fired after 2022-23: $39,750,000 (plus 75% of his remaining pay from the date he is fired to June 29, 2023)
  • 2023-24: $33,375,000
  • 2024-25: $27,000,000
  • 2025-26: $20,250,000
  • 2026-27: $13,500,000
  • 2027-28: $6,750,000

54 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

A tiger doesn't change its stripes. His flaws will fuck him again. Just wait and see.

I get it. I mean if it did, I don’t think a ton of people would be surprised. But you just seem especially eager to have it happen.  Almost like it would be pleasing to you. Just an observation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

I get it. I mean if it did, I don’t think a ton of people would be surprised. But you just seem especially eager to have it happen.  Almost like it would be pleasing to you. Just an observation. 

It's what I'm rooting for. I'm an incredibly petty person who enjoys rooting for former head coaches from Texas to fail. Or at least not to exceed whatever accomplishments they earned at Texas. I get a certain amount of pleasure from it. Chris Beard is a personal nightmare, since some kind of meltdown is about the only way I foresee his career going sideways. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Is that an upgrade for beard?

Probably. There's history there and it's a place that could have a very intimidating atmosphere if the right coach came along and breathed some life back into that program. Imagine the Big 12 today if Okie State basketball hadn't collapsed.

29 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Would okie lite hire Chris Beard ?

@'stache

I wouldn't want him, but we're so bad, and have been for so long, I might not care anymore, haha. In general, I don't think OSU would consider hiring him, and at this point, I don't think we're any more special than Ole Miss as a program. Nobody gives a shit about the 1940s or even the early 2000s. 

I saw this thread popping up and thought he'd gotten in trouble again, didn't expect hand wringing over whether "abusive" is the right characterization. The article I read back then was that she had physical marks from the altercation which means abuse. It doesn't matter if "she started it" or that she likely was abusive herself. I saw nothing to support self defense, it usually requires imminent threat of serious harm or death, like trying to disarm someone. Sounds like a drunk fight that got him cuffed and haled before a judge on a game day. No way UT could retain him. If she was a high profile coach at a high profile program she might have had some problems too when it came out that she could be abusive too, but she's basically a nobody, and he should have washed his hand of her long ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ole Miss has a better funded athletic department simply because of their membership in the SEC. Boone Pickens ain't around any more. OSU is not going to be able to hire Beard away. I don't think Arkansas will, either, actually. Although they definitely care about basketball more than Ole Miss. But Beard is already doing his evangelical thing, so Ole Miss is on its way to becoming nutty about college hoops. It's what he does. 

But he's not saying no to Kentucky. Outside of any potential personal meltdowns from Beard, that's a match made in heaven right there. 

Just now, 'stache said:

I wouldn't want him, but we're so bad, and have been for so long, I might not care anymore, haha. In general, I don't think OSU would consider hiring him, and at this point, I don't think we're any more special than Ole Miss as a program. Nobody gives a shit about the 1940s or even the early 2000s. 

I saw this thread popping up and thought he'd gotten in trouble again, didn't expect hand wringing over whether "abusive" is the right characterization. The article I read back then was that she had physical marks from the altercation which means abuse. It doesn't matter if "she started it" or that she likely was abusive herself. I saw nothing to support self defense, it usually requires imminent threat of serious harm or death, like trying to disarm someone. Sounds like a drunk fight that got him cuffed and haled before a judge on a game day. No way UT could retain him. If she was a high profile coach at a high profile program she might have had some problems too when it came out that she could be abusive too, but she's basically a nobody, and he should have washed his hand of her long ago.

Undefeated.

31 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

It's what I'm rooting for. I'm an incredibly petty person who enjoys rooting for former head coaches from Texas to fail. Or at least not to exceed whatever accomplishments they earned at Texas. I get a certain amount of pleasure from it. Chris Beard is a personal nightmare, since some kind of meltdown is about the only way I foresee his career going sideways. 

Surly-Worthy-Kiss.gif

3 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I believe Aggy will go after him next season. I don't see UK parting with Calipari any time soon unless he is looking for a change of scenery. Just a hunch. 

i don’t see why louisville would let him spend another year on the market. i’d scoop him up the day after the season ended if i were them.

3 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

I believe Aggy will go after him next season. I don't see UK parting with Calipari any time soon unless he is looking for a change of scenery. Just a hunch. 

A&M is on par with Mississippi in basketball. He’d only take it to get back at Texas. With that said, they are’t getting rid of Buzz, especially because they most likely won’t have an athletic director and A&M will make the tournament. 

If there’s one job I wouldn’t mind Beard at it’s Louisville. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Y'all are really hoping he doesn't come to Moody next season, eh?

and I don't mean out of fear at all.  Just for  the disruption and thoughts of "what could have been..."

3 hours ago, CTC2 said:

I don't give a shit if it happens or not. I just think it's the most likely outcome.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Y'all are really hoping he doesn't come to Moody next season, eh?

and I don't mean out of fear at all.  Just for  the disruption and thoughts of "what could have been..."

I don't give a shit what Chris Beard does.  He can coach middle school, he can win the D1 title, it's a non-issue.  Just another coach who isn't on our sideline.  What matters to me is finding someone who isn't a shitbag but who can also coach.  We're halfway there.