Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

those of you who were around might remember that i went to rehab in the summer of 2009. I don't need to tell you where Texas Athletics was at that point in time- we'd had TJ and Cat on the cover of SI in 2003 and nothing had changed since then- Texas was still the preeminent athletics program in college sports. well there was this nigerian guy working there named Victor Ike- no relation- and every morning i would read the sports page and talk to Victor about whatever i read. he was one of two people in there who helped me heal by being in tune with the sports that i loved- the other was a female doctor who was a huge USMNT fan and who was keeping me up to date with everything going on with the confed cup- i've always regretted not being able to tell her how important she was to me. but i digress.

before i left rehab i made a bet with Victor- that Texas would win a national title in football, basketball, or baseball within 'x' amount of years- i don't remember the exact time frame. i do remember him laughing in my face, just so amused at how sure i was. it was like he knew he was taking candy from a baby (haven't seen him since then ergo i haven't paid him, suck it Victor). he was so sure that Texas wouldn't win a title, and that really irked me. 

i was *so* sure that major national titles were an inevitability that i couldn't believe that anyone else would think differently. well, we're now approaching the summer of 2023, and Texas has won a grand total of *checks notes* zero major national titles since then ("major" meaning the big 3 sports). 

this is what chris beard took from us. you cannot possibly convince me that we weren't going to win a title under beard. he was going to be here 25-30 years. i'd bet dollars to donuts that he was more likely to win multiple national titles at Texas than he was to never win it all. that's what this motherfucker took from all of us. that's why this is such a big deal.

ou, hey, Terry is our coach, the players and recruits are happy, the vibes are immaculate. great. awesome. still wish Beard hadn't done what he did. i love rodney terry. always have, always will. he's still not half the head coach that chris beard is. he can't build a program like beard can. he doesn't have the pedigree that beard does. he doesn't have the vision for a program, he doesn't have the ability to engage the students/fan base, he isn't a fucking master of one side of the floor, he's not a foundational HC for a program gbat wants to win titles. he's just not.

yeah, we're all happy right now, and we're all hoping for the best, but the truth is that rodney terry has a 0.0% chance of being as successful at Texas as chris beard was going to be. that's simple fact. Beard took the golden years of Texas Hoops from us. he made us happy with (thrilled with?) hiring a coach who honestly would never even be considered for the A&M job, forget this job. he's forced us to delude ourselves into believing that everything will be alright, because that's more palatable than admitting to ourselves that the best coach we probably could ever hope to hire went and self imploded in less than two full seasons and in the process royally fucked all of us. 

well fuck that, and fuck chris beard. i can hope all i want that he's going to fall flat on his face at ole miss, but deep down we all know that SLX is probably right- he'll probably turn that program around over night and end up winning the 2027 national title at kentucky. and where will we be? wondering what to do with rodney terrry, if i had to guess. god damn it chris beard. you fucked me. you fucked all of us. and you barely even have to pay. to paraphrase the enigmatic Tiger Joe, i will never emotionally recover from this. fuck you you fucking fuck. i hope shaka smart knocks you out of the tourney next year. 

Do all of us a favor and quit being such a fucking pussy. 

Terry is twice the man that Beard could ever hope to be and you have zero evidence that he's a worse basketball coach. 

This is the beginning of a 10 year stretch of ridiculous Texas tournament runs attributed to Terry that you're denying before they have even had a chance to happen.

Sleep this shit off and get back to us. Texas isn't fading - Texas is about to fuck shit up and you're strangely doing all you can to miss the boat. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

yeah, we're all happy right now, and we're all hoping for the best, but the truth is that rodney terry has a 0.0% chance of being as successful at Texas as chris beard was going to be.

Your math sucks. Terry took us to an elite 8 in his half season as coach. Chris Beard won 1 tournament game and then choked his girlfriend out later that year. 

Chris Beard has a 0.0% chance of being as successful a head coach at Texas as Rodney Terry. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Your math sucks. Terry took us to an elite 8 in his half season as coach. Chris Beard won 1 tournament game and then choked his girlfriend out later that year. 

Chris Beard has a 0.0% chance of being as successful a head coach at Texas as Rodney Terry. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7er3ovn3q3an0wp0li5

okie dokie. Terry > Beard. for sure. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Do all of us a favor and quit being such a fucking pussy. 

Terry is twice the man that Beard could ever hope to be and you have zero evidence that he's a worse basketball coach. 

This is the beginning of a 10 year stretch of ridiculous Texas tournament runs attributed to Terry that you're denying before they have even had a chance to happen.

Sleep this shit off and get back to us. Texas isn't fading - Texas is about to fuck shit up and you're strangely doing all you can to miss the boat. 

this post will not age well. just hope that i don't bump it with yeh voracity and ruthlessness that you used to post it. 

rodney terry was a d-1 head coach for 10 consecutive years and was never once even considered for an upward move. he left fresno before they could fire him and was gifted the UT assistant out before UTEP could fire him. anyone who wants to act like he's a better basketball coach than chris beard because he's less unscrupulous is a certified fucking moron. 

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7er3ovn3q3an0wp0li5

okie dokie. Terry > Beard. for sure. 

this post will not age well. just hope that i don't bump it with yeh voracity and ruthlessness that you used to post it. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

rodney terry was a d-1 head coach for 10 consecutive years and was never once even considered for an upward move. he left fresno before they could fire him and was gifted the UT assistant out before UTEP could fire him. anyone who wants to act like he's a better basketball coach than chris beard because he's less unscrupulous is a certified fucking

Texas is about to walk into a recruiting stretch of multiple 5 stars every season that no one outside of the traditional blue bloods has ever experienced. 

You need to get over Beard. Terry and this staff is about to fuck shit up. 

And - best of all - he isn't going to get arrested for DV 10 games into his first season. 

• Hook 'Em 2

shaka signed three top 8 recruiting classes in his first four years here. recruiting is a just one small part of building a program, especially now that we have the transfer portal. upperclassman transfers >>>> 18 year old prima donnas who've never played defense, never come off the bench, and never heard the word 'no'.

Edited by shadow_operative

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

shaka signed three top 8 recruiting classes in his first four years here. recruiting is a small part of building a program. especially now that we have the transfer portal. upperclassman transfers >>>> 18 year old prima donnas who've never played defense, never come off the bench, and never heard the word 'no's 

Dude you don't get it. Texas is going to be top 3 every year the next 5 years. 

question for every poster here: what's rodney terry's identity?

i'll bet you can tell me tom penders's identity; rick barnes's identity; shaka smart's identity; so what's RT's identity as a HC? what's his base philosophy? what are his teams built on? what's his preferred offense and defense? what type of players are best for him to recruit? who will fit best in his system? what is his system?

what's that? none of you know the answers ti any of these questions? but you still want to sit here and talk shit about what a badass coach RT is? not only do you not know what you're talking about, you KNOW that you don't know what you're talking about, but you're saying it anyway, because you want it to be true.

this right here; this exact shit right here is why "derka" is unpopular. i tell you that Sam isn't an AA Heisman candidate, i tell you that shaka sucks, i tell you that jarrett allen isn't anthony davis, i keep it real and point out quinn ewers's many blatantly obvious flaws, i proclaim the blatantly obvious fact that chris beard is a better coach than rodney terry- in other words, i tell you all the truth that you don't want to hear, and you lash out at me for it. burnt orange kook aid drinking, sunshine pumping bullshit >>>> pragmatism and reality. well fuck. that. forever and ever. if rather be a realistic outcast than a fucking moron who's part of the herd.

Just now, ztejas said:

Dude you don't get it. Texas is going to be top 3 every year the next 5 years. 

dude you don't get it- coaching is worth. more than any all american save a KD type. a great coach is worth five all american recruits. we have a mediocre coach who has some momentum. he's literally incapable of matching chris beard. you'd get it if they were players and not coaches. we just replaced jokic with daniel gafford. 

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

dude you don't get it- coaching is worth. more than any all american save a KD type. a great coach is worth five all american recruits. we have a mediocre coach who has some momentum. he's literally incapable of matching chris beard. you'd get it if they were players and not coaches. we just replaced jokic with daniel gafford. 

Terry is about to have a blue-blood level recruiting stretch. Not a Shaka "Oh yeah he got solid guys on campus" stretch but a "holy fuck they were #1 ahead of Duke" recruiting stretch.

I'm not sure how you're missing this. 

again, i'll take a top flight coach (which chris beard is) over five all american recruits. especially these days. this is the way of the world in all sports nowadays. coaching is more important than ever. high level sports are a chess match now, and the players are just the pawns. that's why andy reid and nick saban and bill self's teams do better than everyone else year after year after year. everyone has talent- which coach can out duel the other guy in game day (and equally as important during practice and the offseason). that's what the game is about. that's how you win. coaches >>>> players. duke had more talent than 95% of the teams and they lost to a tennessee team with zero future nba players that was missing its best player. rick barnes has a system and philosophy that he recruits to. he has decades of experience. jon scheyer has an all world recruiting class, no experience, and a second round L. in summation, coaching and program building  >>>> recruiting and stockpiling talent.

team derka or team ztejas- everyone has to stake his claim now. you don't get to talk shit 3-4 years from now if you didn't have skin in the game from the jump. i might disagree with ztejas but at least he gives his opinion and doesn't back down. every time we get in this type of situation there's 3-4 of us who duke it out in the beginning followed by 100 people saying, "i told you so" well after everything is settled. i'm calling on the surly denizens to shake their claim now. either you believer we're better off with RT or we'd have been better off with Beard. it's that simple.

if i had to choose between a top 10 coach who only gets 3-4 star talent and a top 20-30 coach who gets a five star or two every year i would take the former and it would be one of the easiest decisions i ever made in my life, just behind, "would i rather find a hundred dollar bill or tear my scrotum in front of my grandma." 

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Terry is about to have a blue-blood level recruiting stretch. Not a Shaka "Oh yeah he got solid guys on campus" stretch but a "holy fuck they were #1 ahead of Duke" recruiting stretch.

I'm not sure how you're missing this. 

“He’s about too”, “just watch what he’s about to do” , “you don’t even know he’s about to be top 3”.

dude you sound so fucking aggy it’s crazy. But this is surly herd mentality. No one can post the opposite of the herd or you’ll get obliterated. 

RT hasn’t done anything on his own to give anyone the confidence of consistent top 3 anything, and if we regress next season he won’t be pulling top 3 classes. 

Just me but I see this as Ztejas deliberately being the yang to SO's ying.  Entertaining read, but from the outside, I also don't think it'll be as bad as SO says.  The program could have absolutely imploded, yet it didn't.  RT gets credit for an Elite 8 run, regardless.  His obstacles were fucking huge.  He overcame.

Now are they gonna reel in all of these superclasses?  Remains to be seen.  There is positive momentum in the program with regard to the facilities, NIL( and don't underestimate it at all,) and with the head coach of the program.  People can change/ adjust/ grow.  I don't think it's accurate to write off Terry because Fresno State didn't go so well.

Regardless, Texas is still a team to watch going into 23-24.  That's a great place to be.

No one knows how Terry or Beard will fare over the next few years, but odds are still well in favor of Beard doing well and Terry not. 

History is a pretty good indicator of the future when it comes to coaches. Watching Mulkey win a title at LSU is a reminder that great coaches win, and those that aren’t great don’t. 

There is a chance that being at a strong program like Texas with significant resources will help Terry get over the hump. He coached really well in the tourney, except for the second half of the Miami game. We will see. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I haven’t seen anyone not give RT credit for the job he did with beards roster, I have seen people(myself included) question whether he can build his own roster that fits his offensive and defensive schemes. The Portal is gonna be huge for him to maintain a high level of success next season that would then continue his high level of recruiting moving forward. Basketball is hands down the quickest sport to turn around with recruiting mixed with the portal and mixed with you being a good game day coach. We will see and I hope he will be able to do it but anyone that doubts him being called a idiot is also a idiot because they have nothing to stand on for RT future success. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

No one knows how Terry or Beard will fare over the next few years, but odds are still well in favor of Beard doing well and Terry not. 

History is a pretty good indicator of the future when it comes to coaches. Watching Mulkey win a title at LSU is a reminder that great coaches win, and those that aren’t great don’t. 

There is a chance that being at a strong program like Texas with significant resources will help Terry get over the hump. He coached really well in the tourney, except for the second half of the Miami game. We will see. 

I'm interested to see how he recruits at Ole Miss...they don't have the NIL advantages that we have.

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I'm interested to see how he recruits at Ole Miss...they don't have the NIL advantages that we have.

He will do what he always does. Find a bunch of good pieces that fit together really well.

That's what the difference will be. Terry will recruit good players. Awesome. But will the team be cohesive is the question.

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

He will do what he always does. Find a bunch of good pieces that fit together really well.

That's what the difference will be. Terry will recruit good players. Awesome. But will the team be cohesive is the question.

I think the performance Terry did this year gives us insight into that question. This team could have folded and such but instead trucked forward came together and played closer than one another. I think one of the things I noticed most about this team vs beards last season is how loose the guys played and were on the court. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

was *so* sure that major national titles were an inevitability that i couldn't believe that anyone else would think differently. well, we're now approaching the summer of 2023, and Texas has won a grand total of *checks notes* zero major national titles since then ("major" meaning the big 3 sports). 

this is what chris beard took from us. you cannot possibly convince me that we weren't going to win a title under beard. he was going to be here 25-30 years. i'd bet dollars to donuts that he was more likely to win multiple national titles at Texas than he was to never win it all

Reads to me like you’ve learned nothing in the 15 years since. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

if i had to choose between a top 10 coach who only gets 3-4 star talent and a top 20-30 coach who gets a five star or two every year i would take the former and it would be one of the easiest decisions i ever made in my life, just behind, "would i rather find a hundred dollar bill or tear my scrotum in front of my grandma." 

How about we go off of Chris’s next three years vs Rodney’s?  Let’s measure it that way. Chris should be able to use the portal well.  I’ll bet Rodney has more total wins.  And gets to the sweet 16 sooner.  When I say bet I don’t mean money but I’ll do that too if you want. Not 10k but something below that

glad to see you back Derka 

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Texas: hires the nick saban of CBB

Said coach: gets arrested for felony DV

Texas: fires said coach, hires Bill O'Brien full time

Texas fans: Good! BOB is 10x the man that Saban is, and we're about to go 35-0 for the next decade! 

Me:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7ooqm4w96ku9buvccy4

buncha fucking delusional fanbois in here.

You’re comparing Chris beard to Nick saban and we’re delusional?  Listen to yourself 

and fanboys of who?

Edited by closetohumping
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

He would not have gotten a single guy he brought to Texas to Ole Miss. I find it highly doubtful he will bring in the same level of portal talent in his 1st season. He's a great promoter, but it's going to take a few seasons to get the talent he needs to make the tournament.

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i tell you that Sam isn't an AA Heisman candidate, i tell you that shaka sucks, i tell you...

This comment about Sam is a classic case of Derka moving the goalposts. When we thought he would be good but before he had played a down, your response was not that he would win the Heisman, but was that he would never be a successful college QB. I think we can agree that he was a very successful college QB. But much more bizzare was your gaslight-backtracking that you had supported Sam, when there were literally pages and pages of you trashing him in the very same thread! 

That said, I agree with fully you about Rodney Terry. I see some pretty good regular seasons due to a few stellar recruits, then quick elimination in the tourney. I will happily eat crow if I am wrong.  

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Reads to me like you’ve learned nothing in the 15 years since. 

in 2009 we had a checked out mack brown and co. going downhill fast, plus rick barnes on the verge of imploding the entire program. they'd both been here for a decade+ and were starting to wear out their welcome.

in 2022 we had a top 5 (top 3?) national coach and program builder who's a Texas alumnus with a basically spotless track record of building programs from noticing and then taking them on deep tourney runs. in 18 months he'd taken the program from shambles and already had it in its best shape since somewhere between 2009 and 2011. recruiting, transfers, NIL, his assistant staff, the team he'd built, the culture he was implementing, the excitement he'd injected into the fan base- i could go on and on. bottom line- this is not an apples to apple to comparison. chris beard and his program in 2022 >>>>>>> Mack and his program, and certainly >> rick and his.

team derka or team ztejas- everyone has to stake his claim now. you don't get to talk shit 3-4 years from now if you didn't have skin in the game from the jump. i might disagree with ztejas but at least he gives his opinion and doesn't back down. every time we get in this type of situation there's 3-4 of us who duke it out in the beginning followed by 100 people saying, "i told you so" well after everything is settled. i'm calling on the surly denizens to shake their claim now. either you believer we're better off with RT or we'd have been better off with Beard. it's that simple.
This reminds me of the vegetable lasagna bit from Seinfeld.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

the Nick saban of cbb?  Based on?  

his career resume. he's a program builder who wins at an extremely high level everywhere he goes, and he does it overnight. he did it at UALR and then took a step up to TTU where he turned their program around (see: founded their program in earnest) and took them to an Elite 8 and a national title in no time. then  he took another step up to Texas, signed the best transfer class in the nation, won our first tourney game in a decade, implemented a culture, got everyone to buy-in and return to play for him/each other an extra year, and built a roster and culture so strong that even after he fucked the whole thing up midway through the season that the team still finished second in the league, won the league tourney, and then went to the elite 8, all under the direction of a *vastly* inferior coach, a coach who got out coached by jim larrañaga in the tourney.

ive seen these people around here since beard got fired: "well what did he ever do anyway? what's so great about him?" uh, have you guys followed his career at all? do you know anything about him, or what he does when he takes over a basketball program? no. clearly you don't. this guy builds highly competitive programs with identity and culture and he does it overnight, without fail. at Texas he had everything to create a new era blue blood. if you don't see that then you simply haven't been laying attention.

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

This comment about Sam is a classic case of Derka moving the goalposts. When we thought he would be good but before he had played a down, your response was not that he would win the Heisman, but was that he would never be a successful college QB. I think we can agree that he was a very successful college QB.

get your shit straight, then come talk to me.

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

his career resume. he's a program builder who wins at an extremely high level everywhere he goes, and he does it overnight. he did it at UALR and then took a step up to TTU where he turned their program around (see: founded their program in earnest) and took them to an Elite 8 and a national title in no time. then  he took another step up to Texas, signed the best transfer class in the nation, won our first tourney game in a decade, implemented a culture, got everyone to buy-in and return to play for him/each other an extra year, and built a roster and culture so strong that even after he fucked the whole thing up midway through the season that the team still finished second in the league, won the league tourney, and then went to the elite 8, all under the direction of a *vastly* inferior coach, a coach who got out coached by jim larrañaga in the tourney.

ive seen these people around here since beard got fired: "well what did he ever do anyway? what's so great about him?" uh, have you guys followed his career at all? do you know anything about him, or what he does when he takes over a basketball program? no. clearly you don't. this guy builds highly competitive programs with identity and culture and he does it overnight, without fail. at Texas he had everything to create a new era blue blood. if you don't see that then you simply haven't been laying attention.

Did Nick ever have any years at Bama where he went the equivalent of 18-13 and 18-11?  

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

But much more bizzare was your gaslight-backtracking that you had supported Sam, when there were literally pages and pages of you trashing him in the very same thread! 

you're making my point for me. i did support sam, just like i support rodney terry. you people have this wild disconnect where you hear, "i don't believe this guy is good enough for texas" and you turn it into, "i hate this motherfucker i hope he sucks every game that he plays/coaches."

you take my criticism of sam's crappy games and mind numbing turnovers and you call it "trashing" him. that's dumb. what loop 1604 has been doing is trashing rodney terry. that's trashing someone. just being insulting and belittling and legit trashing the guy, over and over and over, unprovoked. that's not in the same universe as being critical of a guy for his poor play. but that's the thing about fanatics- they can't handle any criticism of their favorite team/player/coach so they inflate it into something that it's not.

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Anyone that thinks it takes a few seasons to turn around a program in college basketball is delusional. The portal has changed everything. You need 8 guys to win in basketball, not 45-50 like in football where you need two deep at each position. 

jerome tang had two players in his roster when he took over one year ago. look no further than kansas state to see how quickly you can turn it around in CBB. 

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Did Nick ever have any years at Bama where he went the equivalent of 18-13 and 18-11?  

so now Alabama football and Texas Tech basketball are equal to one another? lol ok. he took over at TTU who'd been garbage for forever and turned them into a program that suddenly/consistently makes deep tourney runs overnight. just like he took over at UALR and immediately won 30 games + a tourney game against a much higher seed. just like he took over at Texas and immediately led the team to more success than they'd had in a decade. are you picking up on the pattern here?

all the guy does is build programs and win. maybe he's not the nick saban of college hoops, but he's damn sure on the urban meyer track. scumbag or not, that dude builds highly competitive, winning programs, and he does so immediately. if you can't see how rare or special that is, then, again, you haven't been paying attention. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

so now Alabama football and Texas Tech basketball are equal to one another? lol ok. he took over at TTU who'd been garbage for forever and turned them into a team that makes deep tourney runs overnight. just like he took over at UALR and immediately won 30 games. just like he took over at Texas and immediately led them to more success than they'd had in a decade. are you picking up on the pattern here? all the guy does is build programs and win. maybe he's not the nick saban of college hoops, but he's damn sure on the urban meyer track. scumbag or not, that dude builds highly competitive, winning programs, and he does so immediately. if you can't see how rare or special that is, then again, you haven't been paying attention.

LOL, you're the one who brought up the comparison.  So what happened year 4 and 5 at Tech again?  

Urban Meyer?  Yeah, maybe as far as being a dirtbag, but definitely not in results.  Urban has actually won a national title or two.  

Call your shot though..  When will Chris start winning at Ole Miss?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

so now Alabama football and Texas Tech basketball are equal to one another? lol ok. he took over at TTU who'd been garbage for forever and turned them into a program that suddenly/consistently makes deep tourney runs overnight. just like he took over at UALR and immediately won 30 games + a tourney game against a much higher seed. just like he took over at Texas and immediately led the team to more success than they'd had in a decade. are you picking up on the pattern here?

all the guy does is build programs and win. maybe he's not the nick saban of college hoops, but he's damn sure on the urban meyer track. scumbag or not, that dude builds highly competitive, winning programs, and he does so immediately. if you can't see how rare or special that is, then, again, you haven't been paying attention. 

I don't disagree with you about Beard in general (he's an excellent coach), but he made two "deep runs" at Tech.  The rest of the seasons were "ok - good",imo.  I see him as a more like Augie in baseball, a little more inconsistent, but when it's clicking it's very impressive.  

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

you're making my point for me. i did support sam, just like i support rodney terry. you people have this wild disconnect where you hear, "i don't believe this guy is good enough for texas" and you turn it into, "i hate this motherfucker i hope he sucks every game that he plays/coaches."

you take my criticism of sam's crappy games and mind numbing turnovers and you call it "trashing" him. that's dumb. what loop 1604 has been doing is trashing rodney terry. that's trashing someone. just being insulting and belittling and legit trashing the guy, over and over and over, unprovoked. that's not in the same universe as being critical of a guy for his poor play. but that's the thing about fanatics- they can't handle any criticism of their favorite team/player/coach so they inflate it into something that it's not.

I can handle people who criticize Sam. What I can can't handle is when you try to rewrite your own history in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, cochamps said:

I don't disagree with you about Beard in general (he's an excellent coach), but he made two "deep runs" at Tech.  The rest of the seasons were "ok - good",imo.  I see him as a more like Augie in baseball, a little more inconsistent, but when it's clicking it's very impressive.  

I know where you're going, repped you, but Augie is considered by many as the Saban of college baseball.  RIP. 

I'm sad that Chris isn't here and also believe he is likely a kind dude who didn't have the heart or gumption to forcefully leave Randi.  And that was his demise.  But Saban?  Meyer?  Win a title first.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

Imagine if instead of hiring Chris Beard, UT would have hired Terry initially instead.  How would that have gone over here?  Terry did a great job holding things together but his 10 year run as a HC is much more informative of how things are gonna go now than his work with Beard's players for half a season.

Probably at least 20 coaches I'd rather have than Rodney right now, but he took over a rough situation and was probably an injury away from getting us to the final four. 

I threw this analogy in another thread I think.  If I'm a CEO who just fired my VP of sales for choking his wife and his interim replacement lead us to our best quarter in 15 years, he's won the job.  Doesn't matter that it wasn't his reps or that he had struggles at programs with way fewer resources.  He gets it all here and he's done enough to earn the job. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi