Tired of McDonald's employees?

RPM

I don't care for McDonald's but if I did, I'd seek out 'fully-automated' every time.  Even then, I'd still end up in line behind the idiot who takes 8-10 minutes to input the f'ing order.

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

Will it not give me utensils?

Who buys food at McDonald's that requires you to use utensils? Straws don't count.

And don't say Mcflurry because we all know the ice cream machine is down.

Edited by Sandman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Who buys food at McDonald's that requires you to use utensils? Straws don't count.

And don't say Mcflurry because we all know the ice cream machine is down.

Their pancakes. Not a fan of McDonald's, but when we're traveling, their breakfast is cheap and it's easy to find one. Their pancakes and whatever the yellow stuff is they call eggs is easy for the kids. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

the people who own WorldStar are weeping.... where else will they get their "employee is done with abusive customers, lets have a beatdown" moment filmed for eternity?

Nah, it will just be customers freaking out on the machines and smashing them.  Maybe not as entertaining, but it's going to happen

I eat McDonalds virtually every day.  The crew at my location are all super nice and appear to be very hard workers.

The McDonalds app is the CLEAR leader amongst the many fast food apps ive used.  Pro tip, there is always a deal in it for 25% off of your order.  

• Hook 'Em 2

There's some gas station McDonald's either along 45 or Hwy6 with the automated ordering thing.

None of the fucking credit card swipe things worked and so everyone eventually had to figure that out and go to the counter to order. Complete waste of time.

The manufacturer of those machines must be the same one who supplies the ice cream machines.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I eat McDonalds virtually every day.  The crew at my location are all super nice and appear to be very hard workers.

The McDonalds app is the CLEAR leader amongst the many fast food apps ive used.  Pro tip, there is always a deal in it for 25% off of your order.  

The app definitely is the best by far. 

28 minutes ago, Lurch said:

What do you eat there? Do you not get bored eating the same type of food everyday? 

Yep. ExPiReS tOdAy. Should’ve been doing this trick years ago
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

You’d slam a Big Mac with a large fry and coke right now.

actually, no I wouldn't.

I do eat breakfast there on occasion. Their breakfast is decent for fast food standards. I will concede that.

The extremely few times I have gone inside to order breakfast, there is always a line of slack jawed morans standing at the kiosk grunting and waving their credit cards like proto-human apes brandishing bones before the monolith, so I go straight to the counter to order.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Nah, it will just be customers freaking out on the machines and smashing them.  Maybe not as entertaining, but it's going to happen

26 minutes ago, Blotto said:

GIve it time, my money is on the machines

image.jpeg.818c7895944a07c641b34a713161cbf3.jpeg

The picture is what happens when you demand to speak to the manager 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Haha 1

What do you eat there? Do you not get bored eating the same type of food everyday? 

I currently get oatmeal and a Diet Coke (another Pro Tip: no ice, their soda is already quite cold so more soda for your money) most mornings before my workout.

I’ve probably eaten ~1000 quarter pounder meals in my life. It’s never been great, but rather convenient , cheap and consistent everywhere in the country.
  • Hook 'Em 2

And though you can only use it once a day, there’s often another 20% off offer in there too in case you decide to go back later.

Oh, and you earn rewards, often double for breakfast. I’m sitting on enough points for 6+ free quarter pounders. I emptied out 100k points earlier this year and they’re already stacking up again

11 minutes ago, Lurch said:

And though you can only use it once a day, there’s often another 20% off offer in there too in case you decide to go back later.

Oh, and you earn rewards, often double for breakfast. I’m sitting on enough points for 6+ free quarter pounders. I emptied out 100k points earlier this year and they’re already stacking up again

Agree with you that they reward their customers way more than other apps. CFA used to be good and they realize once they have you hooked no more free shit. Expecting McD's to do that eventually but until then I'll enjoy my $2 bac/egg/chz biscuit. The app really rocked when the drinks were $1. It was smart of them to tune that to recoup some of the money they're losing on people that use the app consistently. 

3 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

If I ask for honey will it give me honey mustard?  Will it forget at least one of my orders of fries?  Will it not give me utensils?  It wouldn’t be a true McDs experience without those things. 

You're confusing McDonald's with Whataburger. 

55 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

$1 any breakfast sandwich every single day through the app. 

When I was 15 I spent the summer working in Houston for the company my Dad worked for. Their yard was at 59 & 610 before 610 was finished. There was a McDonald's at Cleveland that was close and I ate breakfast there almost every day for 3 months straight. For what it cost (I think it might have been 99¢ for scrambled eggs, 2 sausage and biscuit/pancake) you got your bang for the buck, literally.

17 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

How are you regular McDonald's eaters still alive?  Are you great big fat people?  I think if I ate that garbage two days in a row I'd keel over with heart attack.  My kids won't even eat there, which is some kind of small miracle.

They need to visit the Steel Shank thread for help on eating healthier.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

How are you regular McDonald's eaters still alive?  Are you great big fat people?  I think if I ate that garbage two days in a row I'd keel over with heart attack.  My kids won't even eat there, which is some kind of small miracle.

6’6” 230, down 30 lbs in last 3 months. For me at least, it doesn’t matter what I eat, as long as I burn more calories than I consume.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lurch said:

6’6” 230, down 30 lbs in last 3 months. For me at least, it doesn’t matter what I eat, as long as I burn more calories than I consume.

Serious moment. Seriously. Stop drinking regular sodas and go to the sugar free/zero sugar option. I dropped 40 pounds and did zero exercise. Zero Sugar DP tastes awesome.

We now resume regular Surly posting.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1