2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Crickets are out after the rain baby!  And my back door closes without hitting the door frame again.  Really need this round on Monday to be a good soaking.  

Yup... went from the door sticking when you try to open it to it flying back open when you close it too hard.

So now we have the gulf salt water going up the Mississippi river due to lack of freshwater coming down - and about to arrive in New Orleans metro area and contaminate everyone’s drinking water.  Excellent. 

As usual, the citizens of my fair city are absolutely freaking out and buying up every bottle of water in sight. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

So now we have the gulf salt water going up the Mississippi river due to lack of freshwater coming down - and about to arrive in New Orleans metro area and contaminate everyone’s drinking water.  Excellent. 

As usual, the citizens of my fair city are absolutely freaking out and buying up every bottle of water in sight. 

Desalinization really needs a breakthrough or subsidies or something.  I wish I understood the science better.  It just seems crazy that in 2023 we can't figure out how to do it in a cost efficient manner.

• Like 1

got a notification from amazon that we are now under a severe thunderstorm warning....

no clouds to be seen, then went to the weather radar.....

and i see 1 tiny cell that just formed over Llano  in the last 15 mins... so either this fucker is about to explode, or we are getting pranked again. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Based on the radar of the last 6 months, Fredericksburg must be a goddamn rainforest by now. 

It does not fucking rain inside of this circle anymore. This force field could kill any storm that gets within 5 miles of the boundary. 

And yeah it rains all the fucking time out west now I guess. Some places in Uvalde and Real Counties have barely experienced drought conditions this summer. Crazy shit.

IMG_1113.thumb.jpeg.bfdc3b950ce8bdc77dced09728ea9f5e.jpeg

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite

A couple pieces that bounced in to my covered patio in 78728. There are larger pieces in the yard but I'm not going out there. We're already in the middle of a roofing claim from the hail storm in April. Haven't started work yet but been back and forth with insurance company for a long time. Roflbox has been a huge help. Now we might have to pay another deductible for this one if it caused additional damage. Not looking forward to that.641b9307df7bb0c6a2c87d708aa8828f.jpg