MLS 2023

Jerry Callo

On 8/1/2023 at 2:13 PM, Napoleon said:

$20M to $30M

I can’t say exactly because I don’t know what they bought him for and I don’t know how they determine a players value to the team, but he scores goals

Players who score goals are worth more. Period. 

Plus, he’s Argentine, which is like what a Brazilian was 15-25 years ago. You pay more for the flag.
$&&🇦🇷  $$$🇧🇷 

Tag for him last window was 15+.

But Saudis obviously overpay for everyone. 

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

Im gonna laugh when Messi ends up leading MLS in goals scored on the season only playing 1/3 the number of games as everyone else.

He could but helping him do it would be the relatively low lead # of 13 right now. 

He also hasn't actually scored in an MLS game yet. But it appears he won't be having many issues. 

SRO tickets went on sale this morning.
Notice
Please note that the SUPPORTERS section is a standing only, general admission section. Participation in songs and chants is strongly encouraged. Smoke devices will be in use in designated areas only. Flags and banners will be displayed. Celebrations may involve the use of liquids. (Containers cannot be thrown and celebrations should stay within supporter section). Mature language may be overheard. (Abusive, threatening, or discriminatory words/chants are grounds for immediate removal from stadium). Opposing MLS team apparel may not be worn in section, including but not limited to all Messi jerseys, shirts, and gear - Miami, Argentina, Barcelona, PSG, Newell's Old Boys and Grandoli .

4 hours ago, TexPx said:

What’s fun is sitting on the east side and staring into the setting Sun.

Too late in the season for that at 8pm (or even 7:30pm), but the nice reminder of the sun is that East side seat that is still at least 110°F when you get to it. 

🔥

Ferreira vs. Messi to decide it?

This is going to be like that classic 2010 UCL semifinal. 

Minus the all-decade XIs and two greatest coaches of the past 25 years. 

I thought this was the final - it's just a round of 16 match. The Messi hype is nuts.

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Every sub progressively made FC Dallas worse. Estévez clearly isn’t it. 

Yeah.  That was odd.  The coach took out both scorers, and left Ferreria in.  Left Lletget in too long.  Nipple still sucks.  Watch the two aforementioned on Miami's 2nd goal.  Complete disaster covering the right side of the defense.  Pomykol did ok until the pk.  Also, funny to hear the coach talking about his box defense that was shutting Messi down during the water break.

All that aside, that was really fun to watch.  I have no idea how these things project, but the American Grealish was pretty good.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

That Dallas guy 100% forgot what team he was playing for on the own goal. He was trying to head it into the net. I can’t say I’ve seen that happen before to a player above the age of 8

Certainly looked like that, but giving the benefit of the doubt maybe he was foolishly trying to head it wide?

Certainly looked like that, but giving the benefit of the doubt maybe he was foolishly trying to head it wide?

His head was aiming towards the middle of the goal. Swinging his head down like he was trying to bury it in the back of the net. Not trying to glance it wide. I’m not giving him any benefit of the doubt. He was either brain dead or point shaving.

54 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Yeah.  That was odd. but the American Grealish was pretty good.

14 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Lol

Are you talking about the 18 year-old Argentine-American on Inter Miami who has gotten looks from the USA and Argentina?

Or someone else?

Because Cremenschi (sp?) isn’t definitely American. 

3 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

No Farfan fucked up hardcore. You don’t do that ever and damn sure don’t do that tonight again these mfers.

Cool to see the mls thread getting some love though since Austin sucks dick I know you guys don’t get here much

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Are you talking about the 18 year-old Argentine-American on Inter Miami who has gotten looks from the USA and Argentina?

Or someone else?

Because Cremenschi (sp?) isn’t definitely American. 

Cremaschi.  The announcer said he was a home grown from Miami.  I wasn't implying that he was as good, or will be as good, as Grealish.   He just looked like he legitimately belonged on the same pitch as some of the international stars.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

No Farfan fucked up hardcore. You don’t do that ever and damn sure don’t do that tonight again these mfers.

Cool to see the mls thread getting some love though since Austin sucks dick I know you guys don’t get here much

Bitch we ahead of you in the standings. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

is it still considered "scoreboard" when it was a 3-0 ass beating?

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I checked the score at half and was glad Dallas was battling back from the early Messi goal. Then I check the final this morning and see that free kick.

I turned it off last night at 60 minutes and it was 2-1 Dallas.  Started at 60 minutes this morning while on the bike trainer and back-to-back-to-back goals in a five minute span.  

• Drool 1

12 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

I turned it off last night at 60 minutes and it was 2-1 Dallas.  Started at 60 minutes this morning while on the bike trainer and back-to-back-to-back goals in a five minute span.  

I love watching soccer while doing cardio because you get 45’+ blocks without commercials. In Argentina I would watch any televised match while exercising on a machine. 
❤️Fútbol❤️

11 hours ago, speed817 said:

That is a sweet video. Must have been awesome to be there. 

I had to watch it on a 5’ x 10’ projection in a friend’s basement play room while sitting in one of those $8K massage chairs that you get to sample at the State Fair. 

When they first showed Messi getting ready to walk out from the tunnel with the standard local kid that all soccer matches have these days, one of my friend’s 9 year-old twins said:

”I think that I just saw ‘Wallace’.”

We rewound, and sure enough, Messi’s local kid was a classmate of my friend’s kid at an over-privileged posh lower school in Dallas. 

But even though the twin took a photo of the projection of the game, it was t like being in the stadium to see Messi’s MLS debut in Texas. 

Suuuhhhhwwwweeeetttt!!!

• Like 1

Last Thursday I drove to St. Louis to see Mike play. They played Sunday evening against Salt Lake, a 4-0 St. Louis 2 victory. I must say that I was really pleased with the facility. We didn't ask him for a tour of the lockers, or training areas, because all of that stuff is the same world over. But, the stadium, and its atmosphere is just awesome. I've seen it on TV for the big team and it was packed.

All the seats have great views, the concessions were a bit questionable because, as Mike said, they never know how many people will show for a game. They ended up having over 9,000, the largest crowd ever for an MLS2 game. Some of the concessions had to shut down because they sold out. That was disappointing. 

I really enjoyed the weekend. St. Louis is a strange place though. Mike, his gal, and I went to the Cardinals game Thursday night and their ballpark was really nice. We had fun but, folks said if it is not a game night then you want to stay away. One of the MLS guys lived in the apartment tower overlooking the Cardinals ballpark but he moved after he heard gunshots in town.

It looks like it could be an awesome downtown with everything really close. The Gateway Arch was amazing. 

IMG_7634.jpeg

IMG_7624.jpeg

IMG_7585.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1