Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

8 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The touching part of a tag only includes equipment when worn for its intended use. Once again these bum fuck umps kill a rally. 

Screenshot_20231019_211402_OneDrive.jpg

it says intended place.  since the player put the glove in his back pocket that is it's intended place and therefore considered worn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yep. just a bad staff and totally streaky hitting.  Phillies probably roll the Stros though

Yep streaky is right. No real even keel with this team. Either we are flying high or sucking shit through a straw. Hence why we looked dead in the water, then roared back to get a comfortable division lead with a week left and then gave it right back. Seems this team has a hard time pulling itself up and the losses keep piling up. Aside from 1st inning of game 2, the bats have been disappointing. 

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:

Glove strings are more part of the play than batting gloves. They got the call wrong per the rules they wrote at the end of the day. 

Btw we win by 3 tomorrow and clinch Sunday. 

no they didn't.  It has nothing to do with "the part of play"  They glove strings are on the defender's glove.  It prevents the defenders putting long strings on the glove to use for tagging. this is about what is on the runner.

the rule is dumb to have any exception for what the runner has on him.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Rangers gonna need a bigtime game from both Montgomery and front part of the batting line-up tomorrow.

Wish Smoltz would stfu with his lovefest for Verlander... would be awesome to see the Rangers hand him a 2nd loss in this series.  

All of this.

Sucks to let them off the hook but worse yet is I feel bad for all the fans. Rangers fans haven't had many great home game experiences to get insane and rowdy.

5 hours ago, BeardIP said:

All of this.

Sucks to let them off the hook but worse yet is I feel bad for all the fans. Rangers fans haven't had many great home game experiences to get insane and rowdy.

Ranger home fans really need a 9 inning game where Texas is competitive.  Anyone whose had season tickets in Arlington for awhile deserves a good playoff game vs astros. 

Sucks to shell out money for a home playoff game and see your ass get kicked.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Ranger home fans really need a 9 inning game where Texas is competitive.  Anyone whose had season tickets in Arlington for awhile deserves a good playoff game vs astros. 

Sucks to shell out money for a home playoff game and see your ass get kicked.

Yeah, the ticket market completely tanked overnight after the last 2 games.   On one hand, that's insane considering it's 2-2 with Verlander/Montgomery today (and like most pro sports towns, this area has always been fair weather and outcome of game prior in any playoff series dictates ticket prices), but that being said, I'm sure a lot of people that shelled out big money the last 2 nights aren't inclined to do it again.  Ticket prices aside, I forgot what a pain in the ass it is to get there on a weekday with traffic and to get out of there when it's a sold out game.   I didn't get home until pretty damn late last night.

It was great to be at the ballpark with the roof open, it makes for a significantly better experience in that stadium IMO (which I'm still not a fan of) but with the way the game went, not much to get excited about.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Yeah, the ticket market completely tanked overnight after the last 2 games.   On one hand, that's insane considering it's 2-2 with Verlander/Montgomery today (and like most pro sports towns, this area has always been fair weather and outcome of game prior in any playoff series dictates ticket prices), but that being said, I'm sure a lot of people that shelled out big money the last 2 nights aren't inclined to do it again.  Ticket prices aside, I forgot what a pain in the ass it is to get there on a weekday with traffic and to get out of there when it's a sold out game.   I didn't get home until pretty damn late last night.

It was great to be at the ballpark with the roof open, it makes for a significantly better experience in that stadium IMO (which I'm still not a fan of) but with the way the game went, not much to get excited about.

I bought tix to today's game from the presale and I can't make it (I live in Houston). Looks like I'm gonna take a bath on them. Secondary market well below face is surprising to me.

Anyway, I woke up feeling good this morning. Nothing is fucked here, dudes. Three game series with our two best starters ready to go. We hit the ball hard a bunch last night, just right at defenders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

We hit the ball hard a bunch last night, just right at defenders.

We didn't pitch well but we also got unlucky last night. I thought that game was closer than game 3 and could have gone either way or gone to extras with a few different results on plays - notably the two double plays we hit into with 2 on base and the Maldonado walk leading to the 4 run inning. 

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

I bought tix to today's game from the presale and I can't make it (I live in Houston). Looks like I'm gonna take a bath on them. Secondary market well below face is surprising to me.

Yep - I bought extras but there was miscommunication in our group and we overbought and sold for 1/2 price.  Doesn't help that it's an afternoon game obviously.

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Yeah, i'm thinking about grabbing lunch somewhere in Arlington that is not Texas Live.   I see a Marianos relatively close by (which, at least the Dallas location is solid).   Any other suggestions?

Hurtado BBQ but I bet it's a madhouse. Or go to J Gilligan's and get some Irish Nachos.

Marquez Bakery is pretty solid IIRC.