Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

If they decide that leclerc is out, someone would have to.  Maybe they’d run him back out for an inning with the off day, as opposed to fucking with the roles now. 

he got away with a couple pitches in that 2nd inning.  hopefully tomorrow we can throw chapman with an 8 run lead.

4 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Right? Garcia is like 8 for his last 10 or some crazy shit. With what 4 homers?

An IBB would have even set up a double play.

They fucked up, thankfully.

Just a terrible decision. 2-0 they should have just walked him. Garcia took a huge swing and you knew the same thing was coming on 3-1.

Play with fire and you get what you deserve. 

I still can't believe that we're in the World Series. Like it doesn't feel like my brain has registered it yet. 

Let alone that we just won game 1 like that. The whole thing feels like house money - almost like I'm a neutral observer along for the ride. We hadn't even been to the playoffs in 7 years. There was zero fucking expectation going into this season and despite starting 40-20 and being close to the top of the AL for so long we sucked so much down the stretch that it almost reset expectations completely. I've never seen any team I cheer for make a run like this. 

I'm not a Mavs fan but I guess it's kind of like the 2011 Mavs team? But they had been to the Finals 5 years prior and were still making the playoffs every season. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I still can't believe that we're in the World Series. Like it doesn't feel like my brain has registered it yet. 

Let alone that we just won game 1 like that. The whole thing feels like house money - almost like I'm a neutral observer along for the ride. We hadn't even been to the playoffs in 7 years. There was zero fucking expectation going into this season and despite starting 40-20 and being close to the top of the AL for so long we sucked so much down the stretch that it almost reset expectations completely. I've never seen any team I cheer for make a run like this. 

I'm not a Mavs fan but I guess it's kind of like the 2011 Mavs team? But they had been to the Finals 5 years prior and were still making the playoffs every season. 

yes i think you're right about not having expectations and making it thru to the championships.  the difference is when we got to that last series vs miami there was pressure bc of who we were playing and also bc dirk was due. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Surreal

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

That Seager home run is one of my all time favorite Rangers moments. 

Cruz slam was one.

Also the Josh home run in a certain game we're not talking about.

But this one was fucking amazing and beats them given the outcome.

When, not if, the Rangers win it all it will be even more legendary.

16 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Bochy shoved all in and it worked.

I mean not really. He threw Gray and Smith. He only let Dane throw 1 inning. 

I guess going back to Leclerc in the 11th was ballsy. We should still be in a good spot going forward. Let Leclerc rest tomorrow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I was at that game. That moment froze in the air like Matrix time. But it was ALCS and we were tied in the game. 

tonight we were down 2 in the bottom of the 9th in the WS. Rangers were 1-61 the entire season when trailing after 8 innings. 

1000%

This one was so insanely clutch and feels "curse breaking" dare I say it.

This team is fucking different.

Diamondbacks are no joke though and pesky as hell.

Should be fun.

Just now, gofuckyourself said:

1000%

This one was so insanely clutch and feels "curse breaking" dare I say it.

This team is fucking different.

Diamondbacks are no joke though and pesky as hell.

Should be fun.

the diamondbacks play my favorite brand of baseball besides the Rangers. Haven’t really watched them at all until this week but they are very worthy competition. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

And then 9 am college football tomorrow. Have your hair of the dog at the ready. 

Yep one of the CU games "after dark" ended around 930 and the gf wanted to go out after and I was like wtf I would be in boxers in bed high as hell eating cheetos if I was a home was an eye opener, I am way too fucked up to go out. Also, SNF ending before 8 p.m. is weird one as well.