2023 NCAA Tournament - First Round

Pancho

I was in school with Miller at Pitt. He was a couple years behind me. I knew him a bit, mostly just, “hey, what’s up”. I had to deal with his dad many times. John Miller was an incredibly successful high school coach and really, really wanted to be hired as an assistant at Pitt when Sean was playing. It never happened. So the Millers have reportedly hated Pitt since Sean left. I always enjoyed watching him play. His teams at Arizona seemed to always fail in NCAA, but for (I think) one Final Four.

I don’t wish ill on him. I have met the fellow who was with him, one of the shoe guys, at Arizona who went to jail. He said right away that he was going to jail. A lot of Pitt fans still pine for Miller to be our coach but, I think that ship has sailed.

I do remember one year at the Big East and we were on the same elevator, along with Darren Morningstar, heading down to street level, at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square, where the teams stayed. Sean and Darren had no idea how to walk down to Madison Square Garden. Sean was from a small, country, town of Chippewa. I remember telling him to just follow us as it was pretty easy, walk out to 7th Ave. and turn right and walk.

As for Kennesaw, I have a friend who has been a math professor there. And, I have driven past it many, many times. It’s just before Marietta when driving south on I75.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I was in school with Miller at Pitt. He was a couple years behind me. I knew him a bit, mostly just, “hey, what’s up”. I had to deal with his dad many times. John Miller was an incredibly successful high school coach and really, really wanted to be hired as an assistant at Pitt when Sean was playing. It never happened. So the Millers have reportedly hated Pitt since Sean left. I always enjoyed watching him play. His teams at Arizona seemed to always fail in NCAA, but for (I think) one Final Four.

I don’t wish ill on him. I have met the fellow who was with him, one of the shoe guys, at Arizona who went to jail. He said right away that he was going to jail. A lot of Pitt fans still pine for Miller to be our coach but, I think that ship has sailed.

I do remember one year at the Big East and we were on the same elevator, along with Darren Morningstar, heading down to street level, at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square, where the teams stayed. Sean and Darren had no idea how to walk down to Madison Square Garden. Sean was from a small, country, town of Chippewa. I remember telling him to just follow us as it was pretty easy, walk out to 7th Ave. and turn right and walk.

As for Kennesaw, I have a friend who has been a math professor there. And, I have driven past it many, many times. It’s just before Marietta when driving south on I75.

Remember when Pitt came into Rupp Arena with Miller & Morningstar and just blasted UK off the floor during the PS NIT,  ESPN was already hailing the return of Pitino before and early part of the game, Pitt said not on our watch. 

Edited by Underdog

Do you get an email or anything or it just shows up and is obvious?

It just showed up with a banner above Top Picks, and it was also the first channel available under that section.

Best part is that you can easily switch audio streams, focus on a single game, then use the back button to return to multi stream.

Makes my 65” beg for an upgrade, but I digress…
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Party_Taco said:

It just showed up with a banner above Top Picks, and it was also the first channel available under that section.

Best part is that you can easily switch audio streams, focus on a single game, then use the back button to return to multi stream.

The audio switch feature is so key and choice. 

Yep, I had to quit the app and restart it.

20 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Remember when Pitt came into Rupp Arena with Miller & Morningstar and just blasted UK off the floor during the PS NIT,  ESPN was already hailing the return of Pitino before and early part of the game, Pitt said not on our watch. 

That was a strange team. Sean was a senior but, the guys he came in with, Shorter, Porter, Matthews & Martin were gone after the year before. Morningstar was a solid big-man and Eric Mobley, who also made the NBA but succumbed to back issues, was a sophomore center too. Kentucky was ranked #4 that night and we clobbered them by 18. That Pitt team managed to falter and played in two NIT games. Current Kentucky assistant Orlando Antigua was a freshman on that Pitt team. 

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I was concerned about Xavier after Marquette absolutely thumped them in the BET. Doesn’t surprise me at all if Kennesaw wins

Not my Black ass reading this and thinking “i know he’s not saying Marquette played a game on BET…”

major nicki minaj GIF

• Haha 8

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

I hate when teams change what they do best to try and run clock. Just play. If you go down, go down swinging. 

I could not agree more.  I mean, there comes a point with maybe a minute or two left where it can make sense, but these wholesale shifts with 10+ minutes to go almost never work out for the less talented team.  Just play your game.

• Pancho unpinned this topic