2023 Masters

tx 3 putt

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

He kind of has to do stuff like that to win against guys who have so much more distance, though.   Obviously, doing something really stupid doesn’t benefit him or anyone else, but he has to take chances and have a more aggressive mindset.  If he just goes by the book, his chances of winning majors are limited to the odd British Open where bad weather  neutralizes the bombers. 

to some extent but there is a line though.  

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Ah, well.  Nevertheless.

He’s now 11th on tour this year in driving distance, so point well taken.   He was 45th a few years ago, and I guess in my mind he’s still that guy.  

He’s increased his club head speed steadily over the last few years. Really addressed what was considered a weakness, not that it really was one. He wasn’t Luke Donald or anything. 

just checked leaderboard and he cratered this morning finished shot 76 for round 3
dropped 10 places today
16 players in front of him
doubt he'll be trying a horns down when he gets his coat
He won't get a coat. And he needs to finish inside the top 12 to get an invitation back next year. Kid's got game, but this could be his first and only chance at Augusta.

Never tempt the golf gods.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Ah, well.  Nevertheless.

He’s now 11th on tour this year in driving distance, so point well taken.   He was 45th a few years ago, and I guess in my mind he’s still that guy.  

That was years ago - when he was winning all his majors. It certainly didn’t matter then and his distance isn’t his problem now. He’s playing MUCH better golf over the last 2+ years. Driving accuracy is his biggest issue. Having an average drive 20 yards behind Rory, or 20 yards ahead of young stud Morikawa - is not an issue. 

7 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

He’s increased his club head speed steadily over the last few years. Really addressed what was considered a weakness, not that it really was one. He wasn’t Luke Donald or anything. 

And he's playing the best driver out there. Titleist is ahead of the game right now. 

8 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

He won't get a coat. And he needs to finish inside the top 12 to get an invitation back next year. Kid's got game, but this could be his first and only chance at Augusta.

Never tempt the golf gods.

I didn't totally believe he actually said that, so just googled for video...and the dumbf-ck actually did!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Brooks will just have to settle for making several million dollars the next few weeks. Fuck him.

Fuck brooks for a lot of reasons. But not for taking that bag. One of the honorary starters has Aramco on his sleeve and no one says a word. But I'm still glad he choked. 

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Turn out the lights when you're done, Rahm.

Looks like you finally got it right

On 4/7/2023 at 9:30 AM, ztejas said:

Yeah this may be cooked. 

Him winning would be fun for golf, though. Maybe it will get Rory to quit playing like dogshit at majors. 

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Hovland is damn near in the driver's seat... 

I think Cantlay is probably a shot or two too far back. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pops said:

Fuck brooks for a lot of reasons. But not for taking that bag. One of the honorary starters has Aramco on his sleeve and no one says a word. But I'm still glad he choked. 

Anyone with 4 majors has no business taking the bag... but hey go for the cash and spend the rest of your career playing exhibiting I guess.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, pops said:

Cantlay will probably never get skin cancer,  but good shit.... rub that sunscreen in. He looks like a lathered up horse after a hard ride. 

So like South Austin's Mom?

8 minutes ago, 936horn said:

Man watching Koepka implode is just glorious 

It's tough playing more than 54 holes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, pops said:

I don’t care about him leaving for the cash, more about him being a coward, thinking he couldn’t compete. The guys that were over the hill, I get it. You don’t have it anymore and want to take some easy money. Guys like brooks and Bryson, just cowards. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Wonder if Rahm is the next to 5. Rory probably the heavy favorite still but I'll believe it when I see it. 

Morikawa and JT at 2 each. Scottie with just the 1 but I could see him winning a couple more in short order. Spieth... well... you never know.