Youth Minister's (and other pervs) Thread of Shame

tx 3 putt

On 2/6/2024 at 11:01 AM, tx 3 putt said:

throw away the key 

What's a reserve police officer? A guy who can be there when things get outta hand, the regs need backup and it's time to crack heads, but also values a work/life balance that allows him to pursue his other interests- torturing kids. 

On 2/9/2024 at 5:49 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Uh, Mister Richens.  You look like every villain on "The A-Team."

Kenneth, "Yes, I was on the Adolescent Anal team!" 

Dude, I was talking about the TV show, sick fuck.

• Haha 1

It’s ok, it was dealt with and under the blood of Jesus.

“I want to express how deeply grieved I am that my past sins led to so much pain, confusion and division,” he wrote in the post. “Some may wonder why I am just now making a public statement 20+ years later? It was because I was recently confronted about things I said or did 20+ years ago – things I believed were dealt with and under the blood of Jesus.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/02/09/international-house-of-prayer-kansas-city-mike-bickle-sex-allegations/72537104007/

10 minutes ago, 1978horn said:

It’s ok, it was dealt with and under the blood of Jesus.

“I want to express how deeply grieved I am that my past sins led to so much pain, confusion and division,” he wrote in the post. “Some may wonder why I am just now making a public statement 20+ years later? It was because I was recently confronted about things I said or did 20+ years ago – things I believed were dealt with and under the blood of Jesus.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/02/09/international-house-of-prayer-kansas-city-mike-bickle-sex-allegations/72537104007/

he finally got caught, so of course he made a statement 

18 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Is he exactly who you would expect?  Yes.  He is.

In 2021, the two wrote the Bible study Complement which explores how scripture can save a marriage that's "stuck in a rut."

In 2019, Aaron was a panelist for the Southern Baptist Convention's discussion on God's design for manhood and marriage.

Seems like a pretty solid rule: anyone who wants to lecture people on "biblical marriage" and "God's plan for your sexuality" and somesuch....is a perv/someone wrestling with demons that his public position forces him to try (but inevitably fail) to hide in a closet.

My wife and I have actually talked about speaking/writing on the subject because it is literally her career (we haven't, because it just doesn't seem right), but in those conversations, we've uniformly agreed that the caveat to open any discussion would be "we don't have all the answers, we'll just share things we've observed and what works for us....with the biggest thing we've observed being the fact that every marriage is different."  Sure as shit not a bunch of puritanical "God's plan for you, trad wife" bullshit.

The fucking incredible hangup about sexuality that the evangelical crowd has seems to go hand-in-hand with people living painfully closeted lives until they act out in incredibly harmful ways.  I mean, let's cut to the chase: if this dude hadn't been conditioned to think that his urges towards men were evil and Satan's work, and to shove them deep down inside and hide them....then he wouldn't have lived a lie, deceived his wife, and ultimately acted out in a harmful way.  He just could have lived a life where he was into dudes, out in the open.  No need for secret conversations to vent his urges -- just go out and get some dick already.  No victims, just honesty and a life lived freely and happily.

But I guess his family would have disowned him and hated him.  So, there you are.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 3

noCR, but guess who Pastor Ivey tells his congregation to look to in times of spiritual crisis besides Jesus?  

Don't want to incriminate this website in violence.  But sometimes 'Fight Club' is right...it can make you feel alive again to beat the living shit outta somebody and yeah, I know where we can find this guy.  I got spare time.

Yeah, this one hits real fucking close to home.  We used to be part of the evangelical community in Austin.  Haven't been for 10+ years, but know this person and his family.  On top of that, the family lives in our community and their kids(adopted and biological) go to school with my kids.  This is going to be a fucking mess...not unlike any of the other 100's of issues like this, but now my kids are close to it.

Just for clarification....fuck that guy.

Edited by 1978horn
typo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

: anyone who wants to lecture people on "biblical marriage" and "God's plan for your sexuality" and somesuch....is a perv/someone wrestling with demons that his public position forces him to try (but inevitably fail) to hide in a closet.

My wife and I have actually talked about speaking/writing on the subject

robert-deniro-meet-the-fockers.gif

• Haha 3

It seems their podcast has already been taken down (or it previously failed). But GOOD NEWS you can still find their book on Good Reads!

Bestselling authors Jamie Ivey (host of the Happy Hour podcast) and Aaron Ivey have asked these tough questions too, and by God's grace and a lot of elbow grease, they've come out on the other side with a strong and healthy marriage. In  Complement , you'll learn how you can too, as they walk you through the keys to building a satisfying and lasting marriage. With funny, real-life stories and key insights from Scripture, the Iveys can help you unite with your spouse, cheer each other on, respond the right way when you fail each other, and serve one another well—even in conflict or tough times! If you want a strong marriage (or simply to be a better better-half!), the Iveys will show you the way in  Complement.

Tailwind-Pinterest-Graphics-13-683x1024.image.png.b896cccd07705de236c818808a3ec760.png

It seems their podcast has already been taken down (or it previously failed). But GOOD NEWS you can still find their book on Good Reads!

Bestselling authors Jamie Ivey (host of the Happy Hour podcast) and Aaron Ivey have asked these tough questions too, and by God's grace and a lot of elbow grease, they've come out on the other side with a strong and healthy marriage. In  Complement , you'll learn how you can too, as they walk you through the keys to building a satisfying and lasting marriage. With funny, real-life stories and key insights from Scripture, the Iveys can help you unite with your spouse, cheer each other on, respond the right way when you fail each other, and serve one another well—even in conflict or tough times! If you want a strong marriage (or simply to be a better better-half!), the Iveys will show you the way in  Complement.

Tailwind-Pinterest-Graphics-13-683x1024.pngimage.png.b896cccd07705de236c818808a3ec760.png

She was currently on a book tour for a new book being released tomorrow.

My understanding is that here podcast was fairly successful among the evangelical crowd. Looks like they are scrubbing social media and podcasts.
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, pacman said:

The religious camp Kanakuk sexual abuse story is expanding..along with the Hunt's role in covering up, supporting the camp while bullying victims

Screenshot_20240212_200423_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240212_200453_X.jpg

20240212_200212.jpg

20240212_200216.jpg

20240212_200224.jpg

20240212_200235.jpg

20240212_200248.jpg

20240212_200347.jpg

Nancy French has been relentless and courageous in pursuing truth and justice on this issue and she's faced immense pressure along with credible threats to her life for it. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The fucking incredible hangup about sexuality that the evangelical crowd has seems to go hand-in-hand with people living painfully closeted lives until they act out in incredibly harmful ways.  I mean, let's cut to the chase: if this dude hadn't been conditioned to think that his urges towards men were evil and Satan's work, and to shove them deep down inside and hide them....then he wouldn't have lived a lie, deceived his wife, and ultimately acted out in a harmful way.  He just could have lived a life where he was into dudes, out in the open.  No need for secret conversations to vent his urges -- just go out and get some dick already.  No victims, just honesty and a life lived freely and happily.

I tend to think that evil people do evil things, and who knows whether a different religious or other upbringing for some of these predators would've made much of a difference.  Because it's not just adult dudes in heterosexual marriages having secret affairs with other adult dudes.  It's a lot of adult dudes preying on minors, and I think that's a whole other issue. 

BUT, aside from the general abhorrence of the fundamentalist religious right's long-standing hatred and bigotry towards homosexuality, I also believe that had some of these folks grown up without that hatred and bigotry, there would be a hell of a lot fewer of these episodes for the reasons you state. 

This was in Australia but wth...

1. Famous evangelical pastor tries to search for "Ladies and girls kissing" but...

image.thumb.png.43cd21c053b6074604952d539fceaa20.png

2. Somehow manages to put his search into a tweet and not a search engine

image.thumb.png.d96c7731afd5225a3a0399fd59199458.png

3. Has a church staffer claim he was hacked.

image.png.7c50f497558283f1a4ffe7faa236a52e.png

Brian Houston Says His X Account Was Hacked, But The Internet Isn't Buying It - RELEVANT (relevantmagazine.com)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Oh, it was hacked?  right, right, right.  

I've noticed lately that the "I never go into the cesspool forum" crowd on our site has also not ventured into this one.  And another amazing coincidence, all these youth pastors, despite their geographic disparity, are all in the same child-grooming drag queen performance group.  I mean, talk about a statistical phenomenon on both counts.  

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If they're policing, preaching, or teaching, as a society we've got to keep a close eye on things. These pieces of shit tend to seek positions of institutional power.

LEO’s are the biggest predators / creeps / rapist out there. I bet 95% of it never gets reported 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Is 82,000 a lot? That seems like a lot.

The settlement involves more than 82,000 men who have said they were abused as children by troop leaders while in the Boy Scouts. More than 86% of abuse survivors voted to support the Boy Scouts settlement in bankruptcy court.

https://www.msn.com/en-US/news/us/us-supreme-court-lets--billion-boy-scouts-sex-abuse-settlement-proceed/ar-BB1iIZBb?ocid=sapphireappshare

• Rage+1 1