2023 NCAA Tournament - Elite 8

Pancho

I wonder what is next for Tang (I know he’s spent nearly all his career as an assistant HC.) It’s not a bad resume in your first year going to EE and taking out Calapari and Izzy…dang Tang! I get he Nowell and other incredible players who stayed and balled out. Just curious if he will get offers from other teams or stay at KSU…

Just now, JGrayDBU said:

Tennessee is playing crazy good D....kind of reminds me of Barnes' D at Texas before January 31st.  If we could have played the playoffs before the end of January we would have been final four several times, imo.  

There was one year in particular, 10/11 maybe, where we were #1 for a few weeks around Jan 1, and then I think we got bounced second round in March.

There was one year in particular, 10/11 maybe, where we were #1 for a few weeks around Jan 1, and then I think we got bounced second round in March.
I think that was 09-2010 season. Had a huge win against defending champ UNC late December or early January. Had a #1 ranking. And then it all fell apart from there. We didn't even make it out the 1st round. Lost to Wake Forest. I think.

The next season of 10-11 was the terrible second round Arizona loss with the 5 second inbounds call against us at the end
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I think that was 09-2010 season. Had a huge win against defending champ UNC late December or early January. Had a #1 ranking. And then it all fell apart from there. We didn't even make it out the 1st round. Lost to Wake Forest. I think.

The next season of 10-11 was the terrible second round Arizona loss with the 5 second inbounds call against us at the end

You're right -- it was 09/10 when we were #1 for a few weeks in Jan, but we got bounced first round.

In 10/11, we maxed out at #3 midseason, but got KO'd 3rd round by Zona.

Rick had some talent.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

I don't think we would have much of a chance against Tenn. team this motivated and aggressive. 

I don’t know that we would have 9 turnovers against Tennessee at the 7 min mark in the 1st half the 2nd time we play them. Could be wrong tho…

We wouldn’t meet them until the NC game anyway 😎

Harlan is so damn good. Eagle was always going to succeed Nance next season on the last weekend of the tournament but that's only because the CBS suits don't want a guy talking about a player being "tied up in a straight jacket on the sideline". That, and so much more, is what makes Harlan the best in the business.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Owls settled down a bit after being starstruck early on from all those Knicks, Rangers, Billy Joel & Harry Styles banners in the rafters. 

The Knicks have that 50-year old championship banner. Which is 34 years more recent than aggy's championship. 🤣😂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• Pancho changed the title to 2023 NCAA Tournament - Elite 8
  • Pancho unpinned this topic