• Yes, whenever possible
    • No, I'll take my chances if something happens
    • Got guns at home, don't carry outside of home
    • No, but not against it. Come to think of it, I should get a gun
    • No I don't
    • Yes I do, but concealed
    • Yes, and you will see what I'm packing chief

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Fair points, all handcruser.  You have to admit, you're one of the more responsible dealers in your profession.  I don't have a huge data set, but the ones I do know help traffic guns south of the border because the money is so damn good.  And they do it under the protection of Texas law enforcement, they bring fentanyl on the back north.  

But I think about the fact that every single fucking  year, we have about 10-15k accidental deaths from guns due to unsecure/poorly secured/insert the proper terminology here please-will not offend me in the least GUNS.  Yet we are the most responsible gun-owning nation on Earth.  How can such a country, have the worst fucking luck every fucking goddamn year for like 50 years in a row?  

A guy who brags about selling 10 ARs to a single person is a responsible arms dealer? GTFO of here with that BS.

Well, turns out he's not the dealer.  He's just following orders.  Where have I heard that before?  

(btw-the neg rep was a little harsh seeing how I thought you and I were finally getting along)

Yeah, the 10 does seem a bit much, but to be fair the purchaser had his punchcard with him, and seeing as how he bought 9 fair and square, the 10th was like free 'n stuff.  

This really is a bizarre fucking situation.  I had to pickup some painkillers for my SiL the other day after her lady surgery.  I had to show my DL and her DL to the pharmacist.  And sign like a half dozen things.  Between that and the other OTC shit, took me like half an hour and I live 1000 yards from the pharmacy.  I'm guessing I coulda had a dozen assault rifles in less time with less bullshit involved.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Well, turns out he's not the dealer.  He's just following orders.  Where have I heard that before?  

(btw-the neg rep was a little harsh seeing how I thought you and I were finally getting along)

Yeah, the 10 does seem a bit much.  

I just call you out when you post dumb shit. It's the risk you take when you post as much as you do. You post some really good stuff, but when you post as much as you do, you're sure to fuck up from time to time.

@Handcruser is a POS arms dealer who revels in his role arming the populace. He gives no shits about real change. He thinks it's cute and funny to troll those of us who think gun violence is a problem in this country.

I think "arms dealer" is a stretch.  He's not the Lord of War over here.  He works within the system constructed around him to give stupid people access to shit they have no business near, and all at competitive prices that can't be beat.  There's a half million people just like him all around the country, no better, no worse.  

The only thing I'm left wondering is, and this is a serious question---do gun stores offer extended warranties?  I honestly don't know because the only ones I've owned were gifts or willed to me (with all proper paperwork done subsequently).  But I'm picturing that Simpsons episode with the guy selling computers to schools...
"Can I interest in you in the undercoating protection plan for $29.95?  'Cause these Armalites will rust up on you like you wouldn't believe.  Dammit Gil, just close the sale!"  

I think "arms dealer" is a stretch.  He's not the Lord of War over here.  He works within the system constructed around him to give stupid people access to shit they have no business near, and all at competitive prices that can't be beat.  There's a half million people just like him all around the country, no better, no worse.  
The only thing I'm left wondering is, and this is a serious question---do gun stores offer extended warranties?  I honestly don't know because the only ones I've owned were gifts or willed to me (with all proper paperwork done subsequently).  But I'm picturing that Simpsons episode with the guy selling computers to schools...
"Can I interest in you in the undercoating protection plan for $29.95?  'Cause these Armalites will rust up on you like you wouldn't believe.  Dammit Gil, just close the sale!"  

I sell guns in a gun shop.

I also work for a distributor selling guns to gun shops.

I sold 10AR’s to a gun shop.
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Why are you a stan for a guy who revels in selling ARs and trolling those who advocate for reducing gun deaths? You take weird positions sometimes a/k/a Cruz sucks, but his top brand are all really swell guys.

2 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I sell guns in a gun shop.

I also work for a distributor selling guns to gun shops.

I sold 10AR’s to a gun shop.

Hey man, cool with me.  No judgement.  

I will, however, offer you this.  If you can audio record your next AR transaction to a gun shop (no video needed, I respect your privacy), and you say "Okay, so here's your invoice for these here Assault-Rifle 15's, or AR's if you will...just need your signature there", I'll send you a steakhouse giftcard of your choosing.  I love how they gets people more pissed off than anything else in Texas.  

But like I said, you're working within the system you've been presented.  We got bigger battles to wage.  

Hey man, cool with me.  No judgement.  
I will, however, offer you this.  If you can audio record your next AR transaction to a gun shop (no video needed, I respect your privacy), and you say "Okay, so here's your invoice for these here Assault-Rifle 15's, or AR's if you will...just need your signature there", I'll send you a steakhouse giftcard of your choosing.  I love how they gets people more pissed off than anything else in Texas.  
But like I said, you're working within the system you've been presented.  We got bigger battles to wage.  

I’ll do that.

Not to mention there are millions of babies in this country without their own weapons of death. We need to hit that market hard. I’m talking smaller triggers for their lil baby fingers, binky guns, rattle guns, bottle guns, stroller mounted mini guns, etc.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2023 at 4:53 PM, aggie08 said:

All right, you fucking little drama queen, here ya go:

You have to insure your vehicle, no?

Employment history, past addresses, about as thorough as an employer does for a new hire applicant. For those under 21, ideally character references.

I take it you don't have TSA precheck or Global Entry?

Yes. My driver's license doesn't automatically entitle me to drive a semi truck, motorcylce, or an F1 car. How stupid woulf that be?

Did you get this worked up for your driving test?

I don't know, man. There's nothing to be done here? No possible criteria to identify possible threats? None? That's what we're going with?

Why in the fuck do you even need a 30 round mag other than "Weeeeeee, this is really fun" (not that that isn't a valid reason, because I've done it and it is). More reloads = less bullets downrange and more opportunities for escape or someone to rush the shooter. How is this one even debatable?

Equating this shit sandwich if stupid ideas to TSA and a drivers license is about as aggy as it gets.  Jesus Christ, the stupid on this post is weapons grade.

Doors.  It stands for Armalite.  Open Doors.  Not enough good guys with guns.  Soft target.  Not enough fathers in the home.  Antifa.  Doors.  Trans.  doors.  Somebody must have propped the back vault door open for a smoke break. I don’t know enough about caliber ballistics.  Doors.  

wait, a fucking bank?  JFC.  Who picks a bank for a mass shooting?  That’s literally the most hardened place other than maybe a police station.  

looking forward the mental gymnastics on this one.  

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Besides bank robbers and/or disgruntled workers?

200.gif

You: spends 2 weeks trying to convince everyone hardening schools will stop mass shootings at schools.

Also you: of course there was a mass shooting at the most hardened public target in our society. What did you expect?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Considering no robbery attempt is being reported.  Weird to go through all that trouble in a bank and make no effort to walk out with some cash. 

I guess the thoughts and prayers from Nashville couldn’t make it across the Kentucky border.  Darn the luck.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You: spends 2 weeks trying to convince everyone hardening schools will stop mass shootings at schools.

Also you: of course there was a mass shooting at the most hardened public target in our society. What did you expect?

Turn your gaslighting bullshit off for a second.  Nobody said anything will "stop" shootings.  None of these stupid registration/confiscation proposals will "stop" anything.  What was said, that a level of security at one location was sufficient to deter a shooting and cause a change to a school with much lax security.  

Invoking the 48hr rule in this, but remind me, bank robbers and/or disgruntled workers coming into a bank/govt building like a post office is new, right?  

tenor.gif?itemid=7376166

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Turn your gaslighting bullshit off for a second.  Nobody said anything will "stop" shootings.  None of these stupid registration/confiscation proposals will "stop" anything.  What was said, that a level of security at one location was sufficient to deter a shooting and cause a change to a school with much lax security.  

Invoking the 48hr rule in this, but remind me, bank robbers and/or disgruntled workers coming into a bank/govt building like a post office is new, right?  

tenor.gif?itemid=7376166

is the 48 hour rule the period of time when we apply our thoughts and prayers?

• Haha 1

For a website of largely educated, successful, middle aged men…a lot of you apparently live in homes overrun by violent invasions of brown people and feral hogs 

do better. For UT’s sake. Your weird real estate choices are fucking up our USN&WR rankings.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

For a website of largely educated, successful, middle aged men…a lot of you apparently live in homes overrun by violent invasions of brown people and feral hogs 

do better. For UT’s sake. Your weird real estate choices are fucking up our USN&WR rankings.  

Who are you calling middle aged?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

You're doing a bang up job on your own

How can so callously toss the term ‘bang up’ around within 48 hours of a mass shooting.  Now is not the time!  

think and pray harder next time.  Be best.  

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The sane public is tired of it.  They are tired of a response of not only "we can't/won't do anything about it," but a response of "and actually, fuck you, we're going to make guns MORE ubiquitous and even EASIER for anyone to acquire."  The arrogance, unyielding approach, and flat-out contempt for ANY reasonable conversation is making "gun owners" a more and more despised group with each passing mass shooting (so, every day).  And I say that as a lifelong gun owner who would like to remain one.  If you are a gun owner, it is actually in your long-term interest to be part of the solution, instead of stubbornly insisting that there's no problem at all, and even if there is, fuck you, I won't let anyone do ANYTHING about it.

But, I know I'm shouting into the void.  And, in a generation or so, Fatty will turn out to be correct.....yet he will also only have himself and those like him to blame.

Yeah, I think that's about right. As I've made clear, I have about equal respect for the prohibitionists and the fetishists, but of the two I think the fetishists represent the far greater long-term threat to private gun ownership and use. 
FWIW, I don't think Fatty or BY are gun fetishists and I don't want to imply that they are. But for the purposes of the debate they're playing on their team, because they see the prohibitionists as the enemy (I think), and they aren't. The enemy is brutality, incivility, chaos, and senseless death. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You don’t understand, they want 0 guns.  None. Fuck your ability to defend your life or property from an unplanned donation. 

Sounds like you live in a dangerous neighborhood. Maybe sell a gun or boat or two and try to upgrade. I can't imagine living with the stress of having to constantly defend my life and property. 

There are no gun laws? News to me. 

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

FWIW, I don't think Fatty or BY are gun fetishists, but they're playing on their team, because they see the prohibitionists as the enemy (I think), and they aren't.

The Prohibitionists aren’t? We’ll have to disagree there. I view them the same as the absolutists. 

5 minutes ago, royiv said:

Sounds like you live in a dangerous neighborhood. Maybe sell a gun or boat or two and try to upgrade. I can't imagine living with the stress of having to constantly defend my life and property. 

lol. Yeah. It’s terrible. 

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

FWIW, I don't think Fatty or BY are gun fetishists and I don't want to imply that they are. But for the purposes of the debate they're playing on their team, because they see the prohibitionists as the enemy (I think), and they aren't. The enemy is brutality, incivility, chaos, and senseless death. 

Bingo.  And what they don't realize is that THAT enemy ("brutality, incivility, chaos, and senseless death") is going to turn regular citizens (who are not presently prohibitionists) INTO PROHIBITIONISTS.  If you wanted to put together a long-term plan to turn society into a majority "anti all gun ownership possession" society.....it would look a shitload like our current path.

And I can offer the anecdotal case of my wife and daughter -- two Texas women who grew up around firearms, enjoy shooting, and even own their own gun (my daughter).  They are REALLY close to being fucking done with this shit.  I mean, to the point where I'm anticipating some arguments with my wife in the near future about my continued possession of firearms.  Not because of my behavior, but because of the blood-soaked contempt and cruelty foisted on the majority of society by a minority political group that has absolute control of the issue.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1