2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I think it’s way early to throw in the towel but I’m not optimistic that this year’s team can over-perform in a short series.  We need at least two reliable starters at a minimum and absent that, I really would prefer not to potentially rob from next years team or waste trading chips that could be used later.   

I’ve been withholding judgement but I’m now agreeing with @Wulaw Horn-resigning Brantley at $12m was dumb.  That money should have been spent on a starter.  

• Hook 'Em 1

What's the consensus on the cause of Brown's terrible starts? I've rarely seen a guy alternate such a high K rate with multi-hit innings the way he has lately. Is it a matter of control? Maybe a second-time-through-the-order issue? Tipping pitches? I'll hang up and listen. 

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

What's the consensus on the cause of Brown's terrible starts? I've rarely seen a guy alternate such a high K rate with multi-hit innings the way he has lately. Is it a matter of control? Maybe a second-time-through-the-order issue? Tipping pitches? I'll hang up and listen. 

Diaz should starts

/obligatory 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

he’s tired 

46 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Maldonado sucks at everything including game calling. 

The concept of this team was just awful from the beginning. Why do you have a team with only 4 lefty hitters, one of which has been injured every year he's been in the majors and another is the one of the worst players to be in the majors, and a third coming off major shoulder surgery that you should have known was never going to play this season.

We need 2 bats, a starter, and a high leverage guy. I doubt we have the necessary capital to make that happen without destroying our already shallow minor league system.

Edited by HtownHorn