2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Did not have “will Blake Taylor clear waivers?” being the biggest question on Trade Deadline Eve.

And Dusty gives us Yanier but not Chas. I really dislike that guy.

his day blows.

need tucker to hit a pair to make a strong case for POM since Dusty is taking that out of chas’ hands 

Edited by UTexasFight
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Did not have “will Blake Taylor clear waivers?” being the biggest question on Trade Deadline Eve.

And Dusty gives us Yanier but not Chas. I really dislike that guy.

his day blows.

need tucker to hit a pair to make a strong case for POM since Dusty is taking that out of chas’ hands 

You kidding? We've got to get the powerful bats of Jake Meyers and Corey Julks in there somehow. Sub .700 OPS don't grow on trees.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You kidding? We've got to get the powerful bats of Jake Meyers and Corey Julks in there somehow. Sub .700 OPS don't grow on trees.

I was surprised at the time, but every game that goes by with Julks it becomes clearer why no one grabbed him in the Rule 5

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Several well paid MLB players are actually sub .700 OPS. Even Springer and Correa are teetering on the edge at .701 and .702 OPS respectively.

10 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

McCormick, Meyers, Maldy, Maton, and Montero for Ohtani. Lay it on the table for the Angels and make them say no

Mike Moustakas, Matt Moore, Mickey Moniak

You might be on to something...

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

What if your aunt is actually your uncle?

I'd blame Dusty.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Several well paid MLB players are actually sub .700 OPS. Even Springer and Correa are teetering on the edge at .701 and .702 OPS respectively.

Your present an illogical position on multiple levels. Is that your thing on the baseball board or something? Fine by me, I'm easily entertained.

George Springer, Carlos Correa, and other players not on the Astros roster are entirely irrelevant to the concern regarding Julks and Meyers. You could have written something like this and made as much sense: "Some people prefer heirloom tomatoes to beefsteak tomatoes. I myself enjoy a fruity beaujolais over a pinot noir any day of the week. Miss Lippy's car is green." What I mean to say is, you offered a bandwidth-draining non sequitur that made no sense to the discussion. 

I'm guessing you did that because you'd prefer to distract from the fact that there are better options for either guy in the lineup. McCormick should almost never be benched for either player, yet he is, regularly. 

Julks is a AAAA player that faced the equivalent of the waiver wire in the fall and had no takers. He's having a far worse rookie year than many mediocre Astros who have come before him and they melted into irrelevance. He has an OPS plummeting into the mid-.600's and an OPS+ of 83. He's .4 WAR player with 279 ABs. He is below replacement value as a 27 year old. I get that you're a fan of his. You should DM him and take him to dinner or something. Maybe go get an autograph before BP one day and tell him you yearn for him. That considered, it might be time to keep your feelings to yourself about the guy because you're starting to make the rest of us uncomfortable.

• Hook 'Em 1

When a dumbass like Bowden says this, I don't know if it truly is hypothetical talking out the ass or if there is something to it.

They could theoretically trade Snell to the Orioles for a top prospect such as outfielder/first baseman Heston Kjerstad, and Hader to the Astros for a similar prospect like outfielder Drew Gilbert.

He then says he thinks the Padres will stand pat or make small additions.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Your present an illogical position on multiple levels. Is that your thing on the baseball board or something? Fine by me, I'm easily entertained.

George Springer, Carlos Correa, and other players not on the Astros roster are entirely irrelevant to the concern regarding Julks and Meyers. You could have written something like this and made as much sense: "Some people prefer heirloom tomatoes to beefsteak tomatoes. I myself enjoy a fruity beaujolais over a pinot noir any day of the week. Miss Lippy's car is green." What I mean to say is, you offered a bandwidth-draining non sequitur that made no sense to the discussion. 

I'm guessing you did that because you'd prefer to distract from the fact that there are better options for either guy in the lineup. McCormick should almost never be benched for either player, yet he is, regularly. 

Julks is a AAAA player that faced the equivalent of the waiver wire in the fall and had no takers. He's having a far worse rookie year than many mediocre Astros who have come before him and they melted into irrelevance. He has an OPS plummeting into the mid-.600's and an OPS+ of 83. He's .4 WAR player with 279 ABs. He is below replacement value as a 27 year old. I get that you're a fan of his. You should DM him and take him to dinner or something. Maybe go get an autograph before BP one day and tell him you yearn for him. That considered, it might be time to keep your feelings to yourself about the guy because you're starting to make the rest of us uncomfortable.

I was just making a point that it seems like hitters are struggling more than usual. I didn't feel like doing an depth look so I just used the statistic that you brought up.