2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Honestly, I think Chas needs to be careful. If Dusty feels like he’s being upstaged, he’ll bench Chas until he receives his disfigured “bust” in Cooperstown. 

Take your medicine until November and then wait for Espada cavalry to get here. 

Rome trying to drag Chaz into it was bs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Honestly, I think Chas needs to be careful. If Dusty feels like he’s being upstaged, he’ll bench Chas until he receives his disfigured “bust” in Cooperstown. 

Take your medicine until November and then wait for Espada cavalry to get here. 

How could he have possibly been more careful than he was in those quotes? 

1 minute ago, formermav43 said:

How could he have possibly been more careful than he was in those quotes? 

I think Chas toed the line alright, but he wasn’t going-ho, run through a wall for the skipper positive either. Dusty is probably looking for the latter. 

It reads a lot like : I think I’m fine. The org thinks I’m fat. I can’t figure out why I’m not paying more. 

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think Chas toed the line alright, but he wasn’t going-ho, run through a wall for the skipper positive either. Dusty is probably looking for the latter. 

It reads a lot like : I think I’m fine. The org thinks I’m fat. I can’t figure out why I’m not paying more. 

I didn’t read it that way at all. 

It really grows more absurd every day and every time Dusty opens his mouth. 
Chandler Rome is a douche, but what- was he not supposed to run a story with 4 different people saying Dusty is fat shaming our CF playing at an all star level that sits the bench stupidly? 
also- it’s beyond obvious that the FO is sick of Dusty’s bullshit. If you can’t read between the lines every time Brown opens his mouth to comment about something or see where stories are clearly planted with the very friendly houston media you don’t understand context. 
Someone in the FO wanted this story out there. It deserves to be out there. Dusty should not be allowed to run amok with no consequences. 
Again, this is a Crane issue for setting up a broken org chart that has no chance of working. 
Some people in the know from various different sites have said the decision to return is Dusty’s. It’s very likely this is a shot across the bow. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Again, this is a Crane issue for setting up a broken org chart that has no chance of working. 
Some people in the know from various different sites have said the decision to return is Dusty’s. It’s very likely this is a shot across the bow. 

This. Buck stops with Crane.

Dusty’s bullshit is getting out of hand. He publicly states that he’d rather have the Mariners’ CF than his own guy (who happens to be outperforming the Mariners’ CF). He’s talking about his “big boys” or whatever. He sounds deranged.

It’s all bullshit drama that he’s creating by stubbornly refusing to play his best players and then getting defensive when he’s rightly called out for it. And Crane could end it by telling him to cut the shit, play the right players, and shut the fuck up about Chas. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scraps said:

At this point all we have to hope is regardless what happens in 2 months we will have a manager opening

dusty >>> asmus 

bagwell sold the Abreu and montero signings to crane, and he talked him into interviewing asmus for gm. Just saying 

https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fastball/news/former-astros-catcher-was-runner-up-for-open-general-manager-position

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

bagwell sold the Abreu and montero signings to crane

People giving shit about the Abreu signing have alzheimers. I don't know of one person who was against this deal last November. Maybe overpaid a bit yeah, but everyone was onboard

Still better than 2023 Yuli

Edited by mycox
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

dusty >>> asmus 

bagwell sold the Abreu and montero signings to crane, and he talked him into interviewing asmus for gm. Just saying 

https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fastball/news/former-astros-catcher-was-runner-up-for-open-general-manager-position

those two knuckleheads are playing their balls off the past 4-6 weeks, depending on who you're talking about.  montero has been excellent for a while, and he's our rp5 if my math is right.  abreu is a supporting character in this play, and he's playing just up to that standard.  his job description is to not suck, and he's almost pulling it off since the asb.

i blame the rangers for everything else.  if they hadn't allowed our b-team to whip their asses, then dusty would have no cover.  the shitty thing about blaming dusty is we have to lose games to do it.  when we blow out teams, we just look like an awesome team with quality depth.  it's a tough choice, but yeah i want to win another world series.  if we get to the series, dusty will get whatever he wants and i'm not sure i have a decent argument against.

a year ago, nobody knew what we had in yainer and chas.  now we have two budding stars under team control.  other teams are probably bitching about it - how can the astros just bring up an all-star level catcher when that was their main weakness??  that's not fair.  it isn't.  fucking deal with it. 

for a few years i've been calling the pressly trade the best trade nobody ever talks about.  soon that might be the straw trade.  it brought us yainer and freed up center for chas.  it also made korey lee expendable.  i know he's hitting .390 for the white sox, but who gives a shit.

lol he's hitting .125.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, mycox said:

People giving shit about the Abreu signing have alzheimers. I don't know of one person who was against this deal last November. Maybe overpaid a bit yeah, but everyone was onboard

Still better than 2023 Yuli

I think it was 50/50 between “awesome- finally happened” (this was me) and or 1 year and 3M per year too much. That was my co-host andrew. But yeah- nobody didn’t want him except for the random oddball. That move had as close to 100% approval rating as any move in sports or life can (decision to bring him in). 

6 hours ago, runthebone said:

Dusty isn't under contract for next year, correct?  So how can it be his decision to return?  Fucking sack up and move on no matter what. 

I can’t understand it but that’s apparently how it is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

"Win the World Series and you're welcome back, Dusty.

Anything short of that is on you."

Your roster is good enough to win.  Your decisions are generally not putting us in the best place to win.  Stop being so pigheaded about it.

Edited by slorch

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

for a few years i've been calling the pressly trade the best trade nobody ever talks about.  soon that might be the straw trade.  it brought us yainer and freed up center for chas.  it also made korey lee expendable.  i know he's hitting .390 for the white sox, but who gives a shit.

lol he's hitting .125.

Don't you dare disrespect Phil Maton like that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

"Win the World Series and you're welcome back, Dusty.

Anything short of that is on you."

Your roster is good enough to win.  Your decisions are generally not putting us in the best place to win.  Stop being so pigheaded about it.

Even if Dusty wins it all, he needs to be let go.... I mean, celebrate his B2B and wonderful career / letting him leave on the mountain top.

I know that sounds ridiculous, but he's done nothing but hold this team back.

The nucleus and Id of this team was established well before he got here.

His managerial style is hurting the next crop of guys that can extend our window 2-3 years longer.

• Hook 'Em 5

57 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm seeing hb -135 tonight vs snell, arguably the best pitcher in mlb since late may.  gotta get that pc up and have him only go 5, then deal with the bullpen.

Snell leads NL in ERA.  Also has the highest walk rate.  We should definitely work counts as much as possible.

Also the Padres record is essentially the Pirates.  They are not a good baseball TEAM.

5 minutes ago, huge said:

Snell leads NL in ERA.  Also has the highest walk rate.  We should definitely work counts as much as possible.

Also the Padres record is essentially the Pirates.  They are not a good baseball TEAM.

They still have a confusing +60 or so run differential that's better than the NL central leading Brewers and close to the wild card Phillies and AL Central leading Twins.

They are better than their record says.... 

1 minute ago, Dnaguy said:

They still have a confusing +60 or so run differential that's better than the NL central leading Brewers and close to the wild card Phillies and AL Central leading Twins.

They are better than their record says.... 

Padres have been my number 2 team for decades and as far as them being better than their record this year, I say...

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

I don't know if it's entitlement or just the worst team chemistry ever, but this team has plain sucked this year.  They are neck and neck with the Mets as biggest disappointment of the season.