2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Chas McCormick: "Verlander talked to us after the game and we have to come out and show up. We can’t just come out to these games and think it’s going to be a cakewalk 'cause it’s not. We’re getting our butts whooped. You gotta give credit to them. They’re playing really well."

Players with hits / Peña, Altuve, Alvarez, Dubon, Maldy / 9 hits for 30 AB

Players w/0 hits / Bregman, Tucker, Abreu, Chas, Brantley / 0 hit for 31 AB

lace them up and play again tomorrow, try not to get swept by the fucking A's 

Edited by tx 3 putt

43 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Gross.

It's just a fucking game. 

I don’t boo. I don’t talk shit at a game and I don’t SoMe. I think it’s all dumb. That being said they are pros and make a ton of money, and get a ton of adulation. It’s part of the job to deals with hearing people tell you that you sick when you suck. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t boo. I don’t talk shit at a game and I don’t SoMe. I think it’s all dumb. That being said they are pros and make a ton of money, and get a ton of adulation. It’s part of the job to deals with hearing people tell you that you sick when you suck. 

Slurs are never okay

Death threats are never okay

• Hook 'Em 3

I can’t stand the people in the stands who act like they are protected, watching animals in a zoo and yell obscenities and throw stuff and spend the whole game just talking shit. What is the point? On the contrary, I get really amused when the monkey picks up a piece of shit and hurls it back or occasionally climbs the wall and goes after the shit talker. Keyboard warriors are even worse.  I don’t understand people that face paint and dress up in costume or something to go to a game, it’s just not my style I guess, but for the most part they are harmless. But the obnoxious drunks, yelling, cussing, fighting, etc deserve the dog to bite back once in a while and it makes me laugh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Absolutely the F not. You don’t get a free pass for being racist (not you) because of what a guy makes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

By the way, it was really shitty of Dusty to force Bregman to sit a game and miss out on his first season playing all 162. He's at 145 out of 146 games played, and will likely play the rest of the way. Dusty is a "player's coach" though, so I guess he knows best. 

Meh

I’m sure he’ll sit the D-Backs series when we wrap up the west

and knowing what the plan was for the rest of the season back on June 7 when he sat seems a bit unreasonable.

now if you want to complain about Kessinger going 0-3 in his place in a 3-2 loss to the Blue Jays when we ending up going 3-4 against them on the season? Yeah, I’ll listen to that complaint 

• Hook 'Em 1