2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

8 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Five hits.

They had five hits and won 7-5.

LOL

We picked a bad time to have our worst month of the season.

It doesn't matter when you have your worst month of the season as a loss in June counts the same as a loss in September.  It's how bad that worst month is that matters.  This month is total and complete shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If Maldonado is brought back next year, someone needs their house burned down.  Crane, Brown, Dusty... it don't matter.  Hell all three for all I fucking care at this point.

Watch out. maldy or Mrs Maldy will post passive agressive bullshit about you on social media and imply racism in the fanbase

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

It strikes me that the owner and GM and manager are getting exactly what they deserve. The players and fans aren't. 

I’d exclude Brown from this right now. I just can’t fathom a GM, whose job it is to build and maintain a roster, simply being cool with the manager playing crappy players over good players most of the time. Which makes me think that Crane has made it clear that it’s all Dusty’s call. There is speculation that this is what got Click fired in the first place. It sure looks like it’s coming from Crane, who, like I said yesterday, seems to now prioritize Dusty’s ego over winning.

The problem with Crane being the crux of the issue is obvious and is the worst case scenario: the silver lining of this shitshow of a season should be that bad decisions (which lead to commensurately bad outcomes) bring consequences of necessary change. But when the owner is the one making the bad decisions…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

37 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I’d exclude Brown from this right now. I just can’t fathom a GM, whose job it is to build and maintain a roster, simply being cool with the manager playing crappy players over good players most of the time. Which makes me think that Crane has made it clear that it’s all Dusty’s call. There is speculation that this is what got Click fired in the first place. It sure looks like it’s coming from Crane, who, like I said yesterday, seems to now prioritize Dusty’s ego over winning.

The problem with Crane being the crux of the issue is obvious and is the worst case scenario: the silver lining of this shitshow of a season should be that bad decisions (which lead to commensurately bad outcomes) bring consequences of necessary change. But when the owner is the one making the bad decisions…

Why do you always have to go to the darkest timeline?  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, slorch said:

I don't hate Maldy.

I do question/ doubt/ dislike Dusty's management style/ decisions.  There is no Billy Beane to trade away his pet players.  It's fucking ludicrous.

Agree, no hate for maldy. I think he’s trying his best, it’s just not good enough. The hate falls purely on Dusty who clearly is not trying his best because he purposely spots the other team at least 5 auto-outs every game by playing him and other stupid line up decisions. 

the death lineup is so obvious to everyone, we’re in a heated division race, and yet dusty refuses to play it while we keep losing. That’s so fucked. 

also, lol at being able to trade away maldy. Ain’t no teams want him, would need to be something like that time Morey paid the Lakers to trade away Jeremy Lin. Or just dfa him

• Hook 'Em 1

O’s are in Cleveland.

First time Straw made an appearance, Jim Palmer duly noted that Houston shook down the Indians for Diaz.  Palmer then picked up his storyline from when they were in Houston earlier in the week.

“How is Diaz not playing a greater role with the Astros?”

Everybody sees the problem …

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

I want the Astros to win, but honestly missing the playoffs would be better for the overall team health. All these guys have played almost half a regular season of playoff games in the last 8 seasons.

Hopefully missing the playoffs will lead to the consequences needed to refocus for another 2-3 year run.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Watch out. maldy or Mrs Maldy will post passive agressive bullshit about you on social media and imply racism in the fanbase

I'm not on social media other than this site, so fuck 'em.  And how can they claim racism when you want to replace one Latino with (checks notes) another Latino?

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I want the Astros to win, but honestly missing the playoffs would be better for the overall team health. All these guys have played almost half a regular season of playoff games in the last 8 seasons.

Hopefully missing the playoffs will lead to the consequences needed to refocus for another 2-3 year run.

This is such an overexaggeration…. Who is on the 40 man today that was on the 2017 WS team, just 6 years ago?
Pretty sure it’s just three: Tuve, Bregman, and JV (and he missed a season because of Tj surgery). 

31 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I'm not on social media other than this site, so fuck 'em.  And how can they claim racism when you want to replace one Latino with (checks notes) another Latino?

They went private and claimed it was based upon slurs and made it seem racial. No receipts posted. I think the slurs are probably “you suck” but who knows. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Like 1

SIAP.
This certainly reduces the possibilities for Diaz plate appearances 

But see this illustrates the problem perfectly. It doesn’t have to reduce Diaz’s plate appearances. It only does because our dipshit manager refuses to play Diaz at the position where is is better than the other guy in every measurable category.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They went private and claimed it was based upon slurs and made it seem racial. No receipts posted. I think the slurs are probably “you suck” but who knows. 

Nah, I don’t doubt some vile stuff was hurled at him. Cause. People are horrible. Doesn’t change that he’s sucked this season. 

8 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

This season has given me a new appreciation for James Click.

the OG core still has one more season left. We’ve traded for some damn good young players, players good enough to keep it going. I Blame injuries way more than anything else for this season .

JP is going to step up tonight, get us back in the fight. He’s part of the next core group

Edited by tx 3 putt