2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

I think that depends on whether TOR works itself into a tie with SEA and TEX or not.  2-way SEA/TEX tie favors TEX.  SEA wins 3-way IIRC.

Regardless, there's very little chance of AZ winning 2 or 3 against the Astros.  Their pitching staff is radioactive ass outside of Gallen and Kelly, who are currently scheduled for the first two games.  But those guys are getting scratched as soon as they clinch, which could be tonight.

Astros hitters:

GIF by Budweiser

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I think that depends on whether TOR works itself into a tie with SEA and TEX or not.  2-way SEA/TEX tie favors TEX.  SEA wins 3-way IIRC.

Regardless, there's very little chance of AZ winning 2 or 3 against the Astros.  Their pitching staff is radioactive ass outside of Gallen and Kelly, who are currently scheduled for the first two games.  But those guys are getting scratched as soon as they clinch, which could be tonight.

you are talking to people who just went 2-7 against the A's and Royals.  There's no bottom we can't plumb. 

• Rage+1 4
  • Drool 2

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

The Astros only have a 5.8% chance to win the division so our realistic rooting interest should be that the Rangers win today and tomorrow and we win on Friday to lock up a wild card spot. That way we don’t have to pitch JV on Saturday so he’ll be ready for the opener of the wild card round. 

Yep, this is where I am on all this.

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Edited by cabowabo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Uh, you want the Astros to face scrub pitchers?  That is a guaranteed loss.

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I'm still hoping for the division, so Mariners. 

I guess I’m more conservative. The Mariners crashing and burning guarantees a playoff spot. Them winning some games puts that at risk if we slip up. There’s a chance to do something great if we’re in as a wild card but zero chance if home on the couch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I guess I’m more conservative. The Mariners crashing and burning guarantees a playoff spot. Them winning some games puts that at risk if we slip up. There’s a chance to do something great if we’re in as a wild card but zero chance if home on the couch. 

This is where I am, too.

Just make the tournament.  If we're the 6 seed, I still like our chances to go deep.  Minny isn't very good, and the Rangers know we owned them all year, plus all those road games?  Sheeeeeeeit, let's go.