2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, Scraps said:

So don't hive him clicks and just copy and paste it here.

Major League Baseball suspended Houston Astros reliever Bryan Abreu for two games for “intentionally throwing” at Texas Rangersoutfielder Adolis García during Friday’s Game 5 win over Texas, the league announced Saturday. Here’s what you need to know:

The suspension is effective immediately, but Abreu can appeal it.

Abreu hit García with a pitch in the bottom of the eighth inning with the Rangers leading 4-2, igniting a benches-clearing scuffle.

Following discussion among the umpires, Abreu, García and Houston manager Dusty Baker were ejected.

The Astros lead the Rangers 3-2 in the American League Championship Series and face each other next on Sunday in Game 6.

What else to know

Every Astro asked about the incident after Friday’s game — including Abreu himself — claimed the pitch toward García was not intentional. The six umpires working the game disagreed. MLB cited the umpires’ determination in the news release announcing Abreu’s suspension along with “the dangerous nature of the pitch and its potential impact on player safety.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Abreu hit García in the shoulder with a 98.3 mph first-pitch fastball. Both Abreu and Baker said the team intended to pitch García up and in, but catcher Martín Maldonado claimed the pitch that hit García was supposed to be thrown away. Maldonado set up away, too. It should be noted that Abreu faced 287 batters during the regular season and hit just three of them. — Chandler Rome, Astros staff writer

• Like 1

I just love the fact that we live in a world that people legitimately believe the Astros are so fucking good and confident in themselves that they could intentionally hit a guy in the bottom of the 8th and no outs and one on already while down 2 runs in a pivotal game 5 of the ALCS. Oh yeah and the 8 and 9 hitters were our next batters in the 9th. 

yes, our dick is so big we can shoot it and still fuck your wife deep

Edited by oh_snap
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I’m pretty sure we intentionally hit him. and I’m ok with it and I think the “makes it harder for us to win” thing is really overblown. Their win percentage went from 95.2 to 96.3. It was basically a list cause any way you look at it. Introducing an element of chaos to the thing was probably helpful. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m pretty sure we intentionally hit him. and I’m ok with it and I think the “makes it harder for us to win” thing is really overblown. Their win percentage went from 95.2 to 96.3. It was basically a list cause any way you look at it. Introducing an element of chaos to the thing was probably helpful. 

It also means the Rangers can't retaliate in this series without losing a pitcher immediately.

Fuck Manfred. Fuck the excuse makers.  Fuck the bullshit constantly going against Houston( HPU accuracy and this ruling, for example)

Just go kick their asses and let's go.

The focusness at MMP on Sunday will be laser sharp.  The Rangers will continue to expose their bitchass character.

Edited by slorch