2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Everyone bitching about Montero to start the 9th, I’m still waiting to hear who should have been out there instead.

(and don’t say Pressly because I’ve already posted twice about why that is incorrect).

Should have put in Stanek and let him bean batters until he was tossed. Would have been more satisfying than giving up the grand slam. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Everyone bitching about Montero to start the 9th, I’m still waiting to hear who should have been out there instead.

(and don’t say Pressly because I’ve already posted twice about why that is incorrect).

Might as well stuck with Abreu since he isn't going to be eligible tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 3

Okay look I get it Yall dont like the Singleton move. Besides Bregman and Brantley he is one of their most patient hitters and he has a good eye and feel for the strike zone. Leclerc was having trouble throwing strikes, so while ion think it was a best option it wasn’t as bad as yall make it. He also has some pop that could have broke the game open with a mistake 

I don’t think Dusty is as bad as yall make him out to be.  I know he wishes to re-do something’s but no one’s perfect. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Pressly

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Okay look I get it Yall dont like the Singleton move. Besides Bregman and Brantley he is one of their most patient hitters and he has a good eye and feel for the strike zone. Leclerc was having trouble throwing strikes, so while ion think it was a best option it wasn’t as bad as yall make it. He also has some pop that could have broke the game open with a mistake 

I don’t think Dusty is as bad as yall make him out to be.  I know he wishes to re-do something’s but no one’s perfect. 

Lulz.  Also, he struck out on ball four

36 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I'm sure it has already been said, but Abreu... Chances are high we aren't gonna have him tomorrow anyways. 

It sucks to lose tonight but this series isn't over.

FUCK ALL YALL NEGATIVE NANCY PANTS MOTHERFUCKERS

This season has been a roller coaster with injuries and dipshittery where the pitching went hot and the bats went cold and then the bats went hot and the pitching stunk. The Astros shit the bed against terrible teams late in the season and we were all mostly resigned to just getting in as a wild card and then seeing what happpens. Lo and behold, we win out at Arizona and win the division title after trailing in the standings all year and here we are, one huge win away from a fifth trip to the World Series in eight seasons. 

This is not the time for shriveling, this is the time for manifesting all that bullshit negativity into dynastic greatness.

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, UTHornFan014 said:

In case anyone was too drunk to remember... We led off Maldonado in the bottom of the 7th down by 1

I wish I didn't remember 

Sure, but for the millionth time, he plays because of how masterfully he handles the pitching staff.

And he kept the Rangers to only six runs in those final two innings.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

Diaz should have PH for Maldy in the 7th.  McCormick should have PH for Dubón in the 8th.  I agreed with Singleton pinch hitting for Pena; Pena has been worthless and big Jon is a patient lefty power bat going up  against a guy who walked him the previous night.  

This was not Baker’s best night.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I think we see - Yordan in left, chas in center and uncle Mike dh

Javier needs to pitch like road Javier 

we needs hits 

need clutch hits.  Need to not see Singleton again PH wtf.  I guess it's all irrelevant since we gave up 9.   Very poorly managed game, the trick of putting in Singleton can't work 2 games in a row Dusty. 

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

Diaz should have PH for Maldy in the 7th.  McCormick should have PH for Dubón in the 8th.  I agreed with Singleton pinch hitting for Pena; Pena has been worthless and big Jon is a patient lefty power bat going up  against a guy who walked him the previous night.  

was Singleton's last pitch a ball? 

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea Javier is great. It’s the shit offense at home I’m worried about. If we had scored runs we never would have been in the position of montero and stanek to begin with. 

This.  Astros failed to score with so many base runners all night and Tucker needs to pull his weight.

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

need clutch hits.  Need to not see Singleton again PH wtf.  I guess it's all irrelevant since we gave up 9.   Very poorly managed game, the trick of putting in Singleton can't work 2 games in a row Dusty. 

was Singleton's last pitch a ball? 

Yea but in game 5 everyone said it was dusty being tossed that led to the genius of singleton being put in but now it’s dusty is a dumbass for putting him in. Who would have been a better option? Diaz was coming in for maldy? Fucking Chas who everyone hates? Just face it, our fucking bench blows with no bats and our offense blows and can’t score at home. 

Edited by Rockethorn1978

I pretty much expect Scherzer to go 6 scoreless and then to really rub our noses in shit, Bochy will bring in Will Smith for a scoreless 7th.  Then to complete the nightmare, Eovaldi comes back on 24 hrs rest and finishes off the last two innings.

We leave 14 guys on base and lose it 1-0 with the lone run coming when Neris hits Garcia in the foot with the bases loaded.  MLB suspends Neris for the first half of the 2024 season.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

I disagree about Diaz pinch hitting for Maldy because Diaz should have been playing all along. Singleton pinch hitting in that spot is one of the worst examples of managerial incompetence I can remember. It is a fireable offense imo. If Dusty simply played the best players this series is already over.
  • Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea but in game 5 everyone said it was dusty being tossed that led to the genius of singleton being put in but now it’s dusty is a dumbass for putting him in. Who would have been a better option? Diaz was coming in for maldy? Fucking Chas who everyone hates? Just face it, our fucking bench blows with no bats and our offense blows and can’t score at home. 

people hate Chas?  The blessing is this is Dusty's last game tonight, same with Maldo Waldo Fatso.  Good riddance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

IIRC, I saw a graphic in the later innings that said no team has gone to the WS that had a losing record at home.  Well, mark it down as another 1st in baseball history.  Astros gonna do it this year.   Oldest daughter is in Philly all this week for a conference and already trying to extend her schedule to catch game 1.

Home team wins tonight.

Pressly absolutely should have pitched the 9th. You’re down 1 and need 3 outs to give your offense a shot. You get that done then see what happens. If it’s tied you go from there. It doesn’t matter, if we tied the game then lost everyone would have bitched he didn’t save pressley and had thrown what he did which gave up 5. This isn’t about pitching it’s about our shitty offense that can’t produce at home. Idgaf if we had Nolan Ryan. Throwing tonight in his prime I have zero confidence in this lineup at home. It’s 2019 all over again. 

19 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

I disagree about Diaz pinch hitting for Maldy because Diaz should have been playing all along. Singleton pinch hitting in that spot is one of the worst examples of managerial incompetence I can remember. It is a fireable offense imo. If Dusty simply played the best players this series is already over.

I’m sorry but you don’t know what you’re talking about.

If you’re looking for something to blame the loss on, look no further than Tucker/Dubon/Pena going 0-9.

Singleton put together a very good at bat.  He swung and missed on the 8th pitch, a cutter about an inch above the zone.  He ripped a middle fb down the line foul.  Both those pitches were incredibly close to ending in  a good outcome.

33 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Need the 6-9 spots to do something... ANYTHING.  0-13 with one walk; just terrible.

Oh, and keep the ball in the ballpark when pitching.  That would be jim-dandy.

This.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gourmand said:

You assholes need this right now

That would be awesome, but he might give up a 320 ft fly ball to left and we still lose 1-0.  I have zero confidence about tonight. I never imagine I’d see 2019 happen all over again. 

Wasn’t able to follow much yesterday at all.  Was there some split or other high-level analysis that explained Dubon over McCormick (in the starting lineup), or was it just garden-variety Dusty dipshittery?

i mean, i know what Occam’s Razor would suggest, but figured I’d ask anyway.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yes, Diaz and Chas would have been better options.  It's not hard