NEW Texas F00Tball training facility!!!

D3zii

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Might as well make this the football facility catch all thread. Does anyone have the renderings of the recruiting space? The led lighting is that strip lighting around the stadium like Bama and other schools have, right?

Lol at all the losers here still whining about the SEZ. "Oh, it's empty." It won't be as empty when we win. Then you guys can buy the tickets there for 500 apiece on stubhub when the rich guys can actually sell them. But I'm guessing most of you probably aren't paying for that. Until then you'll have to deal with some guys getting drinks being late for kickoff when it's 110 degrees outside. But the weird thing to me is, from my seats, it doesn't seem that empty it all, the seats are all full of hot ass young women and the occasional celebrity or former UT athlete. Weird. 

As for the whining about the capital view corridor, who gives a flying fuck. Once the rule was tossed out that nothing could be higher than the Capital and the Frost Bank building was built, it's all been shit running downhill anyway. Whining about 1 fucking view corridor, who gives a fucking shit. Give me a massive TV in the NEZ. 

I was under the impression the LED lights are the floodlights like Georgia has that can blanket the whole stadium in Burnt Orange. If it's just some ribbon lights, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Every time I fucking come to the football board I regret it. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

The frost building was the first thing taller than the capitol?

https://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?searchID=101554192&page=1

That page shows 46 Austin buildings that exist or are under construction that are taller than the capitol.  Some were built before the Frost building.  Looks like the tower was the first.

When finished, Waterline will be the tallest building in Austin, more than three times taller than the capitol.

Edited by Texas Jeff

50 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

was under the impression the LED lights are the floodlights like Georgia has that can blanket the whole stadium in Burnt Orange. If it's just some ribbon lights, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

I think it could potentially be both that way they are compatible and can be synced together for light shows that tie into the SEZ.

Lol at all the losers here still whining about the SEZ. "Oh, it's empty." It won't be as empty when we win. Then you guys can buy the tickets there for 500 apiece on stubhub when the rich guys can actually sell them. But I'm guessing most of you probably aren't paying for that. Until then you'll have to deal with some guys getting drinks being late for kickoff when it's 110 degrees outside. But the weird thing to me is, from my seats, it doesn't seem that empty it all, the seats are all full of hot ass young women and the occasional celebrity or former UT athlete. Weird. 
As for the whining about the capital view corridor, who gives a flying fuck. Once the rule was tossed out that nothing could be higher than the Capital and the Frost Bank building was built, it's all been shit running downhill anyway. Whining about 1 fucking view corridor, who gives a fucking shit. Give me a massive TV in the NEZ. 

I was under the impression the LED lights are the floodlights like Georgia has that can blanket the whole stadium in Burnt Orange. If it's just some ribbon lights, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

Every time I fucking come to the football board I regret it. 

giphy.gif

One thing that bugs me about quietly getting rid of the 6 flags, is that now most of the time we do 3. American, Texan, UT. Which is fine. I get the (stupid) reason. But then we put the Texan at the same height as UT for symmetry. What we should’ve done is US and Texas at one height in the center, then 2 lower UTs on either side.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Put the AstroTurf back and the track around the field and allow fans to come onto the field and slip in piles of wet bevo shit. Ah memories. 

I know you are not serious, but with the way the place is constructed now I don’t think you could put the track back in if you wanted to. Taking away that much structure at the end zones might destabilize the entire thing. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

I know you are not serious, but with the way the place is constructed now I don’t think you could put the track back in if you wanted to. Taking away that much structure at the end zones might destabilize the entire thing. 

For sure. Just a random childhood memory I have holding onto my parents hands as they swang me back and forth on the field after a game. Don’t remember when they stopped doing that but couldn’t have been long after. 

On 6/9/2023 at 9:10 AM, JesusSweatDuck said:

This was my understanding as well.

There's a thread on 247 with pictures from a guy that does team laundry.

According to him the same company did the Astros & Bama lights

LED LIGHTS.jpeg

LED LIGHTS 2.jpeg

LED LIGHTS 3.jpeg

Edited by hook me
  • Hook 'Em 5

48 minutes ago, hook me said:

There's a thread on 247 with pictures from a guy that does team laundry.

According to him the same company did the Astros & Bama lights

LED LIGHTS.jpeg

LED LIGHTS 2.jpeg

LED LIGHTS 3.jpeg

So they're taking down all of the light poles on the east side.  I don't know if that means that the lighting will only be on the west side or what.

5 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

So they're taking down all of the light poles on the east side.  I don't know if that means that the lighting will only be on the west side or what.

Look at Bamas stadium. Lighting will be exactly like that. Will be sick at night games.  

image.thumb.jpeg.b75f9993937dd0dba8290df51d978e99.jpeg

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Look at Bamas stadium. Lighting will be exactly like that. Will be sick at night games.  

image.thumb.jpeg.b75f9993937dd0dba8290df51d978e99.jpeg
Can't wait to see thousands of aggy bathed in burnt orange.

Edit- yes I can, I can wait forever. Is it a done deal we have to play gomer every year or is there a chance we can schedule a slightly saner SEC opponent?

9 hours ago, ousux said:

Can't wait to see thousands of aggy bathed in burnt orange.

Edit- yes I can, I can wait forever. Is it a done deal we have to play gomer every year or is there a chance we can schedule a slightly saner SEC opponent?

If Billy Liucci is to be believed, Texas plays aggy annually at Collie Station - yes every season there.

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I don't think so, the new lights appear to be mounted differently and may not require a pole.

Well, I'm looking at it now.  Yesterday, the northern two poles were taken down.  Now, the northern-most pole is back up, and it looks fairly different from the two older poles that are south of the 50-yard line.

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Well, I'm looking at it now.  Yesterday, the northern two poles were taken down.  Now, the northern-most pole is back up, and it looks fairly different from the two older poles that are south of the 50-yard line.

Snap some pics if you don't mind? 

I'd be interested in seeing the new. 

If Billy Liucci is to be believed, Texas plays aggy annually at Collie Station - yes every season there.
Wasn't Billy the one telling the Iraqi people there was nothing to worry about, the invaders are being driven out into the desert?
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
37 minutes ago, Pancho said:

That's so much nicer than the other rendering. What's going to be in the big building next to the swim facility?

Also the second picture you see the top of uprights....is it going to be built below ground?  to give max height?

Also parking underneath? that's pretty sick.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Speaking of DKRTMS, I’d like to see an updated model of the stadium, now that it is likely at its ultimate configuration.

I would like the same for Folson Field.  My model is late 1990's.