2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

On 12/4/2023 at 2:40 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Ohio State players in the Transfer Portal: 

5 ️ WR Julian Fleming
5 ️ QB Kyle McCord
4 ️ RB Evan Pryor
4 ️ S Cam Martinez
4 ️ DE Omari Abor
4 ️ LB Reid Carrico
4 ️ S Kye Stokes
4 ️ CB Jyaire Brown
4 ️ CB Ryan Turner
3 ️ OL Jakob James
3 ️ C/G Vic Cutler
K Parker Lewis

Give me those two OL asap 

If all goes well, we could get Parker Lewis since he can't lose 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I noticed in The Athletic's transfer portal article they noted that, although Nolen and Jardin announced their intention to transfer, A&M has not entered either player in the portal. Do any of our portal experts know if this something that the schools can hold up unilaterally? It strikes me as extremely Aggie to refuse to do so in an attempt to strongarm players in to coming back. 

Edited by Jimmy Two Times

1 minute ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

I noticed in The Athletic's transfer portal article they noted that, although Nolen and Jardin announced their intention to transfer, A&M has not entered either player in the portal. Do any of our portal experts know if this something that the schools can hold up unilaterally? It strikes me as extremely Aggie to refuse to do so in an attempt to strongarm players in to coming back. 

Schools have 48 hours to enter them

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

Think the school has 48 hours to do it

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Two Times said:

As other posters have said, there's a 2 day clock. Also, those guys aren't in the portal yet becuase it was their first step in negotiating more money with aTm. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Little Fires Everywhere
1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Dabo's cult losing steam? Seems like he isn't just losing depth guys who are recruited over?

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Huh. Strange those Clemson players don't seem interested in buying stock in Clemson. 

I've always liked Pride, but he got passed up by younger guys. Interesting that he's the #1 rate corner. Most think he had a good relationship with Venables and wants to link back up 

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I've always liked Pride, but he got passed up by younger guys. Interesting that he's the #1 rate corner. Most think he had a good relationship with Venables and wants to link back up 

5’11 corners give me heartburn, but i’ll take depth at CB all day. 

Those elite EDGE players are going to be very expensive.  If we spend big there, it seems like we'd have less to spend on other positions or to retain current players.  An elite pass rusher would be amazing though.  It feels like we haven't had one in so many years. 

5 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Those elite EDGE players are going to be very expensive.  If we spend big there, it seems like we'd have less to spend on other positions or to retain current players.  An elite pass rusher would be amazing though.  It feels like we haven't had one in so many years. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.