2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I view those two as the same player, more or less. I don't think we'd take both. 

I think brown is your KR/PR plus 3rd WR ideally, with someone else from the portal as your 1 or 2 paired with Cook and then Wingo rounding out the bunch.  I would imagine they'd look for a bigger bodied receiver to fill the AD Mitchell role.  Still we could certainly do worse going into next year with Cook, Wingo, Moore, and Brown as our 4 primary receivers.  I imagine we'll also run a lot more 20 personnel packages next year.  More worried about a good TE to pair with Helm tbh.  

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Golden, Brown, and Burks all seem similar. That's the problem with the combos so far. 

Seems like we need more of a AD mold to pair with one of those 3. Take 1 and wait for a bigger/downfield threat? 

Yeah, all 3 of those guys are similar, and I would defer to the coach’s assessment of work ethic/culture in picking between them. It would be ideal to get a bigger outside WR to pair with one of them, and I don’t think we’re done seeing big time WRs enter the portal yet. 

Sucks Burks went to OU though. I definitely would’ve preferred to see him go somewhere else. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't know if he really fits the "big" mold but he's a damn good down-field threat. Moose Muhammad. 

I'm still shocked he didn't get more reps at aggy this year. That dude should enter the portal and come eat at Texas. 

I like his catch radius.

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

#CardEffect

Honestly, fuck Hudson Card. 

6 minutes ago, TheRRKid said:

One of the 995 crew pointed out that Sark had 3 similar receivers at Bama. Sark’s approach seems to be get the 3 most elite guys on the field and prioritize that over specific sizes or body types for different roles

Yeah but this isn't really true. 

Metchie, Devonta Smith, and Waddle were all smaller receivers but did very different things. 

7 minutes ago, TheRRKid said:

I think they mentioned Ruggs, Jeudy, and Smith all being smaller teammates but sark was able to carve with them 

They were smaller but Jeudy was 6'1 to 6'2 and an elite down the field WR. He was essentially their AD Mitchell. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

10 minutes ago, Josef Pwag said:

The point is not size. You can find plenty of 6'0 to 6'1 WRs that are big time down the field threats. 

I don't like the Alabama comparison at all because those WRs did completely different things. Jeudy, for example, was an elite down the field playmaker at around 6'1. The issue with Golden, Brown, and Burks together isn't their size. It's that all 3 look like slot/speedsters rather than down the field threats. 

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Brown should maybe enter the portal first. Texas felt good about him last year and he sat on his ass to play for a 7-5 team this season.

I'm hoping we didn't allocate Burks' money to Stewart or Brown before they hit the Portal. Given the two-day wait period, I suppose they could already be in.

11 minutes ago, TheRRKid said:

True enough but Jeudy being the big downfield guy in that offense means Sark could be comfortable with Brown in that role and Golden as the second portal take. It’ll be interesting to see what Cook can do too

You can't just make guys down field threats. They tried that at in year 2 with Worthy and it's not what he's good at. 

Jeudy was a damn good threat down field because that's the type of WR he is. Not because Sark worked magic with him. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Brown should maybe enter the portal first. Texas felt good about him last year and he sat on his ass to play for a 7-5 team this season.

i thought he was in the portal (he is not) but it's another name i think texas was in on at one point that actually entered

image.png.756ae85d21087c065681ee90d41ea14c.png

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-wildcats/news/former-4-star-wr-dekel-crowdus-enters-transfer-portal/

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.