2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

3 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Is this equivalent to the spouse who left to live the glorious single life and came crawling back home after finding out nobody else wanted them?

I would say it is more equivalent to some girl who hangs around hoping you might one day throw them a pity fuck gaining self respect and trying to find herself a boyfriend only to realize being your backup low tier side hoe is actually the best she could do for herself. 

The spouse analogy implies a level of importance to OSU that Rodgers simply doesn't have. 

• Drool 1

I think I literally now know quite a bit more about your family than much of my own, and yes, I know the definition of literally
And, “I had a soft spot for the Beavers” is a pretty good site slogan.

I like beavers

15 hours ago, Kwix said:

Lane is really growing on me lately 

Lane is hilarious. I get why he may rub some grey hairs the wrong way but he's basically the closest thing we have to the GOAT Mike Leach now from a personality standpoint.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Lane is hilarious. I get why he may rub some grey hairs the wrong way but he's basically the closest thing we have to the GOAT Mike Leach now from a personality standpoint.

I think Lane would crush it at Texas bc he knows he’s a villain and would really turn Texas into a Death Star type operation.  But that was if Sark didn’t succeed here. I’m Sark or bust

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Js1 said:

I think Lane would crush it at Texas bc he knows he’s a villain and would really turn Texas into a Death Star type operation.  But that was if Sark didn’t succeed here. I’m Sark or bust

Agreed. ATM should've tried to hire Lane for sure except the personality mismatch was way too high. Imo Lane has as good of a resume as anyone for a top tier job at this point. Getting Ole Miss to consistent top 10/15 through multiple QB cycles, staff turnover, etc, is very impressive.

Agreed, but right now Sark is overall better for Texas. I'm not into the whole coach worship thing that seems to be common in the SEC, (including aggy) and totally fine with DKR being our last and only...especially since it was before my time. Coaches have always been mercenary, but moreso now than ever before.

21 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Agreed. ATM should've tried to hire Lane for sure except the personality mismatch was way too high. Imo Lane has as good of a resume as anyone for a top tier job at this point. Getting Ole Miss to consistent top 10/15 through multiple QB cycles, staff turnover, etc, is very impressive.

Lane can't stand A&M. I don't believe he'd ever go there.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

Lane can't stand A&M. I don't believe he'd ever go there.

Have a family friend that is very close with the Kiffins, and I don’t think Lane would leave Ole Miss til his daughter graduates from there in a few years. Maybe the perfect job or some crazy contract could change things quickly, but he has it pretty damn good in Oxford.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Have a family friend that is very close with the Kiffins, and I don’t think Lane would leave Ole Miss til his daughter graduates from there in a few years. Maybe the perfect job or some crazy contract could change things quickly, but he has it pretty damn good in Oxford.

It does make sense,  much easier to bang her sorority sisters while she still in school. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Did you set the hoops they went through to convince themselves they could appeal to “urban” kids when they hired Sumlin? AgSwag. Swagcopter with the maroon vinyl wrap. Drake being friends with the QB  

There isn’t a bigger cultural gap than what they tried there. 

Edited by Xminus6

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

In the short 9-minute video that Bobby put out an hour ago or so, he mentioned that Sark visited Bond in Georgia last night similar to how Sark did an in-home visit with Ewers the evening he entered the portal at tOSU.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

This is a fucking free-for-all. It seems like an over-reaction to last year's more limited portal action where a lot of guys evidently pulled down some serious money.

spacer.png

Now, I believe we're seeing too many guys for too little money crowding the portal. It's chilly out there. They turn around.

spacer.png

I expect next year will be another correction the other way. Maybe there'll be some loyalty for the bird (school and NIL deal) in hand rather than pie in the sky.

I'm not digging all this chaos even if we're doing well during it, Little Finger's ladder and all that. 

There's a story to follow in high school recruiting. There is courtship looking for the right place. The whole thing drags out over months. It's satisfying when the player chooses your school. I think that's why I prefer following that aspect. This shit is just too frenetic and seemingly void of sentiment. But, we'll see.

• Hook 'Em 2

In the short 9-minute video that Bobby put out an hour ago or so, he mentioned that Sark visited Bond in Georgia last night similar to how Sark did an in-home visit with Ewers the evening he entered the portal at tOSU.
So Bond is visiting Joey high school at Tortilla Tech next, got it.
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

So Bond is visiting Joey high school at Tortilla Tech next, got it.

Oh no

Bald-Eagle-Pair-USFWS-Tom-Koerner.jpg

7 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Aaron Bryant got some PT in 22 and we didn’t even see him this year? I thought he looked promising in limited snaps. If we don’t land another portal DT we are probably banking on one of the true freshman to be in the 4-5 man rotation. 

We really need another DT with the attrition we've had (Sweat/Murphy going pro, Carter transferring, and Ross off the team). A one-year rental like Caldwell would've been perfect to bridge the gap. Gotta get a DL coach and hope another quality guy (hopefully one of the Bama DL) jumps in.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 hours ago, Daichee Bell said:

Fiasco?
1. One of the best threads on the site.
2. We didn’t end up with that nut job.

Where’s the fiasco?

Hindsight is fine but we thought we had him, lost him, maybe never had him, and many disappointed. Thread was awesome.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

This is a fucking free-for-all. It seems like an over-reaction to last year's more limited portal action where a lot of guys evidently pulled down some serious money.

spacer.png

Now, I believe we're seeing too many guys for too little money crowding the portal. It's chilly out there. They turn around.

spacer.png

I expect next year will be another correction the other way. Maybe there'll be some loyalty for the bird (school and NIL deal) in hand rather than pie in the sky.

I'm not digging all this chaos even if we're doing well during it, Little Finger's ladder and all that. 

There's a story to follow in high school recruiting. There is courtship looking for the right place. The whole thing drags out over months. It's satisfying when the player chooses your school. I think that's why I prefer following that aspect. This shit is just too frenetic and seemingly void of sentiment. But, we'll see.

I’m with you on this, it’s awesome we are benefiting but for 90% of college football this shit fucking sucks. Not a fan of players moving 3 or 4 times in a career. At least pro players are locked into contracts. 

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, TXpride said:

We really need another DT with the attrition we've had (Sweat/Murphy going pro, Carter transferring, and Ross off the team). A one-year rental like Caldwell would've been perfect to bridge the gap. Gotta get a DL coach and hope another quality guy (hopefully one of the Bama DL) jumps in.

I don’t think Ross was ever part of the equation so I doubt his departure has much to do with needing another player.  Carter was supposed to be the guy we brought in to help us post Sweat/Murphy. That one not panning out hurts. 

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I don’t think Ross was ever part of the equation so I doubt his departure has much to do with needing another player.  Carter was supposed to be the guy we brought in to help us post Sweat/Murphy. That one not panning out hurts. 

He was in an equation at one point. And he was better than I was expecting. It's just that he was a DE and not a DT

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.