2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

Just now, Poester said:

I read on Horns247 (that site is pretty shitty these days, so take it with a grain of salt) that Brooks and his father are not thrilled with his development and/or Joseph’s coaching style. 

Can relate to that tbh. I feel like all the bitching we've had about him is what ND and aggie fans have had as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Poester said:

I read on Horns247 (that site is pretty shitty these days, so take it with a grain of salt) that Brooks and his father are not thrilled with his development and/or Joseph’s coaching style. 

Shid, honestly so are we...Since Sark has started and brought in Joseph DB has been the position that hasn't flashed or gotten better.  I understand the recruiting aspect in Louisiana but man he has to be on a tight rope if they continue to play like they did last season and the spring game wasnt any better

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

@Thiefery what happened on the OTF stream this morning? Saw your comment on the other site and wanted the unfiltered context of what happened with a players parent.

it was on a OB live..  Chat was talking about Norton and Sorrells dad (OnThePorchSorrell) joined the chat and said that Norton isn't any good and that he isn't SEC type of player.  He continued to say that Bill wasn't Murphy or Sweat (duh) and then said something about VB wouldn't be happy if this happened or something to that effect.  

I was responding to him at the time then got the usual come see me at the game while wearing a sorrell jersey.. i told him I would be wearing a Norton jersey and give him a hug.  It was just weird how he attacked Bill so vehomelty. Usually he's a pretty cool guy who just says "88 will be great" .. maybe drop a nugget or two on how the DL/DEF is doing and leave.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

I’ll say this in regards to Brooks father and Coach Joseph.

The issue that came up during Brooks freshman year was tied directly to how Joseph runs his room (rotations+playing time and how it’s communicated to the players) Some other coaches got involved because they related better to the family and solved the issues before the bowl game. In film breakdown towards the end of 2022 the coaches were grading out Brooks higher than other corners but the playing time wasn’t always reflecting that. When Jamison got back fully healthy, Jamison and his family expected him to return to the starting spot but Brooks family expected Brooks to continue to start because he had been playing well and grading out higher than Jamison. During Bowl practices the issue came to a head because Joseph was sending two different messages to each family and didn’t take the issue head on to be clear about the plan for bowl game rotations and who would start. 

Manny Muhammad’s family didn’t really vibe with Joseph either early during that recruitment. They felt like they talked to everybody except Joseph. Sark had to really get on him to get more involved because the family liked Texas and loved Jeff Banks but wasn’t sold on how much Joseph wanted Manny. 

Is this a serious thing?  Is this why we are missing out on players right now in CB recruiting? Like Sellers and Guidry leaning elsewhere?

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

Is this a serious thing?  Is this why we are missing out on players right now in CB recruiting? Like Sellers and Guidry leaning elsewhere?

I only speak on stuff I have direct knowledge about. I have no idea those two current recruitments. 

joseph can recruit. He just mixes better with certain personalities. That’s natural though. That’s why you have different types of recruiters on staff to help out. 

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

If Joseph can't recruit and can't coach then why is he here?

Deep Louisiana connections and his brothers are well respected in the coaching community.

My favorite fun fact is he didn't play football professionally or collegiately. Can't blame the Brooks family for thinking he's not a great developer.

In my opinion the defensive backfield has underperformed for years now. Years ago you could argue it was due in part to weak DL’s and LB’s but not lately. 

There has been more than enough good talent to come thru the door to see better play and development than we’ve seen. Joseph has been good enough to be able to get Muhammad and Black in the door, but he’s not showing he’s good enough to coach good players to success. You can see it with poor technique over and over. When the portal closes it would be the perfect time to bring in Joseph’s replacement. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

In my opinion the defensive backfield has underperformed for years now. Years ago you could argue it was due in part to weak DL’s and LB’s but not lately. 

There has been more than enough good talent to come thru the door to see better play and development than we’ve seen. Joseph has been good enough to be able to get Muhammad and Black in the door, but he’s not showing he’s good enough to coach good players to success. You can see it with poor technique over and over. When the portal closes it would be the perfect time to bring in Joseph’s replacement. 

Well good news is we don't have to worry about technique when the DBs still don't know assignments and blow coverages. DBs don't have to turn around for the ball if they aren't within 10 yards of the receiver.

• Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)

Sark has to know Joseph is not pulling his weight...And I agree with the Poster earlier. He's a safeties coach, not a CB coach. I think that much was said when Sark put this staff together...

Maybe after Colorado has an abysmal season, we can go after Deion when he's looking for a job, 

But hoesntly though Iowa DB coach

Phil Parker - has done less with more,  Has to want to do more than stay at Iowa

Corey Raymond -  after Napier gets canned. 

Pete Carrol who knows maybe. He was a great DC in college

Karl Scott -  Great recruiter from Houston, Was the Corners coach for those great Bama teams, and loved how the DB's played 

Edited by D3zii

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Sark has to know Joseph is not pulling his weight...And I agree with the Poster earlier. He's a safeties coach, not a CB coach. I think that much was said when Sark put this staff together...

Maybe after Colorado has an abysmal season, we can go after Deion when he's looking for a job, 

But hoesntly though Iowa DB coach

Phil Parker - has done less with more,  Has to want to do more than stay at Iowa

Corey Raymond -  after Napier gets canned. 

Karl Scott - Pete Carrol might get canned. Great recruiter from Houston, Was the Corners coach for those great Bama teams, and loved how the DB's played 

Nbc Idk GIF by Good Girls

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Excited The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Dude was over hyped AF. He was constantly getting smoked like a Christmas ham and his neck doesn’t rotate his head 

Our secondary has looked like ass for Joseph's tenure here. It has not improved. From the spring game, it may have gotten worse. We have recruited well. At some point, it's not the player. Or if it is multiple players, it's clearly the fucking coaching, for their evaluation or their lack of coaching, or both. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Our secondary has been dog shit for a decade plus 

You mean our secondary coaches suck at talent evaluation and coaching for a decade plus? 

Every other facet of the team has improved with Sark. Why is it still the DB and not the coaching?

Edited by crash_davis

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

You mean our secondary coaches suck at talent evaluation and coaching for a decade plus? 

Every other facet of the team has improved with Sark. Why is it still the DB and not the coaching?

Not necessarily evaluating. In the last 10 years we've put DB's in the leagues and have had DB's transfer and end up in the league.....I think it might be the coaching side.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I do'nt think the guy was defending the coaches. Just making a statement.

I get why Sark can't fire his two DB coaches after year two. And I get why you don't rock the boat after year 3, considering the year we had. But I do think this is the last fide for Joseph and Gideon. But I'm just pulling shit out of my ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I do'nt think the guy was defending the coaches. Just making a statement.

I get why Sark can't fire his two DB coaches after year two. And I get why you don't rock the boat after year 3, considering the year we had. But I do think this is the last fide for Joseph and Gideon. But I'm just pulling shit out of my ass. 

Perhaps best move is to move Joseph to safety and bring in a CB coach....Who are the best CB coaches in the country? 

• Like 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I see you're right on time for your audition as a Helobious sock. 

His continued abuse of the English language would suggest more of a Carl approach if it was possible for Carl not to talk about how hot he thinks the girls at aggy are.

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.