2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s good to see Texas is a swing state again. It’s been awhile. 

The constant ads next year are gonna suck though. 

I would say it is a one-election thing only, but if this gets another big spike in new voters like in 2018 as the baseline going forward, we could be swing for a while.

so if those numbers 'hold' for Biden...and Biden can actually, really flip Texas...i mean, that would be huge, right? 

to be clear, i'm not a proponent of Biden, i'm just thinking it would be a massive change for Texas to flip...

Edited by mchookem

so if those numbers 'hold' for Biden...and Biden can actually, really flip Texas...i mean, that would be huge, right? 
to be clear, i'm not a proponent of Biden, i'm just thinking it would be a massive change for Texas to flip...

Dude that happens and Texas is officially violet if not straight up purple given the trajectory of the Republican Party

Throw in a Kamala and Warren yelling "worldstar, worldstar, what!" from the side lines and this is pretty much a preview of the democratic party debates later this summer. 

sure better than Rubio and Trump talking shit about each other dicks.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:13 AM, Fozzz said:

It would be pretty funny, maybe even ironic, if the Dems nominate someone who is an even bigger liar than Trump as their candidate.  

On 6/4/2019 at 4:55 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If Joe Biden is the only candidate that can beat Dotard, I’m moving to Costa Rica or Thailand.  

This is lasting longer than I expected. I’ve seen enough to know I will not vote for Joe fucking Biden. I said it and it feels good.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I question the judgment of anyone who thinks it’s a good thing when Tucker Carlson agrees with your big idea of how the economy should work.  I bet Warren asks him to issue a retraction and call her a dumb Marxist instead.

Have you been asleep the past couple of years? Tucker has done this multiple times, he has correctly identified the support for economic populism and class consciousness, but he's doing it because he realizes the GOP is doomed to die if they don't adopt some similar platform (which Trump more or less did during his 2016 campaign, but of course never acted on it).

58 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Adding that it’s not just Tucker Carlson who agrees, but also all the Trump voters, does not help convince me it’s correct.   

So Warren is bad because she's pro-union and labor rights? Got it

After struggling early, feels like she's starting to move....

Abramson is the type of voter that Sanders should worry about. He was a Sanders delegate at the 2016 Democratic National Convention and held a house party for the Vermont upstart. A sweeping victory in New Hampshire, a key early state, vaulted Sanders into a serious threat to Hillary Clinton. But now Abramson is supporting Warren.

“I still have a lot of admiration and respect for Bernie,” he said. “But I feel like 2016 may have been his time and 2020 is not.”

The headline that Warren is gaining "on Bernie" is based on... one person? lol fuck

The corporate and media classes are fucking SHOOOOK about Bernie.

The actual numbers don't bear it out at all. Warren had a mid-May bump where we all got excited, but that didn't grow or sustain.

The real insight is simply that people are undecided and Biden's honeymoon is ending.

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The headline that Warren is gaining "on Bernie" is based on... one person? lol fuck

The corporate and media classes are fucking SHOOOOK about Bernie.

The actual numbers don't bear it out at all. Warren had a mid-May bump where we all got excited, but that didn't grow or sustain.

The real insight is simply that people are undecided and Biden's honeymoon is ending.

Let's hope that trend from May 9 and on continues. He's still higher than he was before announcing, though, which is concerning.

I do take some solace in that thing that  Bama Chick (I think) posted that shows that the very large majority of people are not dead set on anyone. Lots and lots of time and movement left. 

13 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Let's hope that trend from May 9 and on continues. He's still higher than he was before announcing, though, which is concerning.

I do take some solace in that thing that  Bama Chick (I think) posted that shows that the very large majority of people are not dead set on anyone. Lots and lots of time and movement left. 

This. A lot of people are open minded and another poll had over 50% of Democrats not even tuned in yet. It is a wide open field and things can change.  One candidate is cruising on name recognition but he is just starting to take on some water in the form of criticism via the Hyde Amendment, crime bill, Iraq War vote, etc.

Can't wait for the first debates. 

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

After struggling early, feels like she's starting to move....

I'm starting to see my politically connected friends start to move towards her, including dropping their shit to go work for her campaign. People that did not plan on working for a candidate this cycle. She's going to make a good run at it. I wish she had run in 2016. 

My dream ticket is still Warren-Beto. Warren capturing the economic populism, Beto pushing a return to morality with social justice issues like civil rights and the immigration cruelty. It would be a compelling ticket.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Adding that it’s not just Tucker Carlson who agrees, but also all the Trump voters, does not help convince me it’s correct.   

Convince you what's correct? The policy or the fact that Carlson & some right-wingers agree?

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what his play is here, because I don't really think he does anything in good faith, so I'm with you on that, but I'm not going to ditch my interest in her policy just because he thinks it's worthwhile. Because he won't actually be voting for it come next November. (ir)Regardless of how much he agrees with it on-air.

9 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

Convince you what's correct? The policy or the fact that Carlson & some right-wingers agree?

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what his play is here, because I don't really think he does anything in good faith, so I'm with you on that, but I'm not going to ditch my interest in her policy just because he thinks it's worthwhile. Because he won't actually be voting for it come next November. (ir)Regardless of how much he agrees with it on-air.

I think he really does believe that a socially conservative, economically populist agenda would find much support in this country, particularly among rural whites. I think he believes it because he’s actually correct here. 

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

I'm starting to see my politically connected friends start to move towards her, including dropping their shit to go work for her campaign. People that did not plan on working for a candidate this cycle. She's going to make a good run at it. I wish she had run in 2016. 

My dream ticket is still Warren-Beto. Warren capturing the economic populism, Beto pushing a return to morality with social justice issues like civil rights and the immigration cruelty. It would be a compelling ticket.

I'm feeling Warren-Mayor Pete but I'd happily take a Warren-Beto, if only to energize the Texas vote. (Not sure that would actually happen or not, but it could have some ripple effects down ticket.)