2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

While many of my fellow Bernie Bros are on suicide watch* and a lot of new Biden Bros are coming to terms with who they hopped into bed with last night, everyone here needs to be rooting for record-breaking turnout. The horse race is fun and the team sports are fun and dunking and owning the libs and centrists and leftists is fun, but it's all horseshit if we don't have massive turnout.

Because Trump is going to get massive turnout.

Clench them cheeks, boys and girls.

* - Not Yours Truly, unfortunately for you, dear reader. I think way too highly of myself to rob the world of my magnificence.

you really think that? I cannot imagine there are more than the most rabid in his base excited about another 4 years of him. I think a lot of people are going to turn out in spite of him, not in support

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you really think that? I cannot imagine there are more than the most rabid in his base excited about another 4 years of him. I think a lot of people are going to turn out in spite of him, not in support

As I said previously, the GOP base can be brainwashed into hating a ham sandwich enough to stand in line for 8 hours to vote against it. No matter who the Democrats nominate, the GOP and Trump base will show up.

• Like 2

Trump brought a lot of new, previously disengaged voters into the fold under with his outsider/everyman bit. Bullshit, obviously, but people bought it, and as we see now his base has become a full on cult with few defections in four years.

Yes, his base is static and we generally know what the target is for democratic votes. And yes, some will turnout to vote against him. But there are plenty of voters are Trump voters first and foremost, and just vote R for the rest because it's the same letter.

We squabble and shitpost about Bernie and Biden, but the fact is Democrats need to do all of keeping suburban voters in the tent, make up some ground with working class whites, and increase turnout amongst minority and young voters to really succeed. I think that's a major part of why tensions are so high right now. Neither Bernie or Biden have made it obvious that they're capable of all three, and people are on edge because of it.

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Trump brought a lot of new, previously disengaged voters into the fold under with his outsider/everyman bit. Bullshit, obviously, but people bought it, and as we see now his base has become a full on cult with few defections in four years.

Yes, his base is static and we generally know what the target is for democratic votes. And yes, some will turnout to vote against him. But there are plenty of voters are Trump voters first and foremost, and just vote R for the rest because it's the same letter.

We squabble and shitpost about Bernie and Biden, but the fact is Democrats need to do all of keeping suburban voters in the tent, make up some ground with working class whites, and increase turnout amongst minority and young voters to really succeed. I think that's a major part of why tensions are so high right now. Neither Bernie or Biden have made it obvious that they're capable of all three, and people are on edge because of it.

that part of the narrative may start to change tonight

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I see her endorsing Bernie way before she does Biden. She has already said Joe is not the answer. Doubt she can really backtrack that statement much.

Twist - she gives a double endorsement to Bloomberg and Tulsi. #boom

angela bassett revenge GIF

48 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Neither Bernie or Biden have made it obvious that they're capable of all three, and people are on edge because of it.

Correct, and...

44 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

...we shall see.

b_t was correct above when he noted:

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

The horse race is fun and the team sports are fun and dunking and owning the libs and centrists and leftists is fun, but it's all horseshit if we don't have massive turnout.

Because Trump is going to get massive turnout.

Whoever the Dem nominee is, show up and vote for him.  Vote because you know we need to clear the cancer out of the executive branch.  Vote because the future of the courts - for DECADES to come -- matters.  And vote because if enough of any interest group -- centrists, hard progressives, whatever -- votes, then goddamit, you've contributed with your support and you deserve a seat at the policy table.  If Bernie wins, I hope like hell he listens to the Dem voters outside his base -- people who have real concerns, real interests, and deserve to be heard and responded to.  If Biden wins, I hope the exact same thing -- I hope he hears the voices and desires of the Bernie and Warren supporters, and responds to them.  And the best way to make sure that happens is to show up and vote, demonstrate that you're a force to be reckoned with, and you expect a seat at the table.

Just now, Pancho said:

She would endorse Bernie before Biden

Bernie's master, Eugene V. Debs, is dead. He is a lone ronin, wandering through empty factories with the big sword Ross Perot gave him. No help will come from above or even beside him, he has only the people, who love him.

(or something, I'm still working with one of my friend's incel grandsons on the overall anime treatment)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Bernie's master, Eugene V. Debs, is dead. He is a lone ronin, wandering through empty factories with the big sword Ross Perot gave him. No help will come from above or even beside him, he has only the people, who love him.

(or something, I'm still working with one of my friend's incel grandsons on the overall anime treatment)

You drunk?

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Just my roundabout way of saying there's no way in hell Warren endorses Bernie unless Bernie has literally won a majority of pledged delegates.

No one gave a time frame in their answer of endorsments rather it was saying who.  How many red bulls have you had today?

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

No one gave a time frame in their answer of endorsments rather it was saying who.  How many red bulls have you had today?

Timeframe don't matter. Liz is going to endorse whoever gets the majority. If she drops early, she's not going to endorse until it's done and dusted.

Zero. I'm about to get into the cheap stuff so I can deal with the disappointment that's about to start rolling in. :)

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm not sure that's true for two reasons: (1) I don't think she likes Bernie, personally, and (2) Biden knows how to get a deal struck (as evidenced by the endorsements last night).

Biden's deal-making strategy:

Call Barack and beg.

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Biden wins with Klobuchar as VP. Dies right after taking office and Klobs is your President.

I wouldn't be displeased with that outcome.

But I honestly think he needs someone more progressive than Klobuchar.  I think his deal with Klobuchar is that she is going to be the named author on several pieces of legislation that are going to be prioritized by the next administration.  There's going to be more than one Klobuchar Act that is a significant law.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Biden isn't about to start building enthusiasm among young voters (he does not even do that well with young black voters), and centrist/former Republican types are not about to embrace Bernie Sanders.

17 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Ok, it’s 7pm, really curious about VA

15 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Jesus--that call was fast.

Indeed it was. I figured Biden would win there but not in the complete landslide that an immediate call suggests.