2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

Why didn’t Bernie come out with a corona virus task force or whatever like Biden did?  Seems like good and easy press. 
I would imagine part of the reasoning is that it's a publicity stunt, as neither Biden nor Sanders have any power to act on the recommendations of a task force.

Publicity stunts are smart, but Bernie isn't built for always recognizing the utility of them.

Would be cool if he did them more.

All you really need to know is the same college educated females who voted for Trump are not going to get fooled again.  Hell my sister is now insisting she didn't vote for Hillary or Trump last go round because she is so embarrassed by her choice of Trump.  What smart college educated person now wants to go, "Yep Trump, he's my guy! Built the Economy from nothing!"

It will be good to have a President again who has a soul, some basic principles, and would put the country ahead of himself.  Biden is going to make a fantastic President.

What would be the greatest thing ever would be to have Biden call Barack and say the country needs him once again.  Would you be OK with me asking Michelle to be Vice-President? You can play all the fucking golf you want! 

Edited by horn4life

6 hours ago, horn4life said:

All you really need to know is the same college educated females who voted for Trump are not going to get fooled again.  Hell my sister is now insisting she didn't vote for Hillary or Trump last go round because she is so embarrassed by her choice of Trump.  What smart college educated person now wants to go, "Yep Trump, he's my guy! Built the Economy from nothing!"

It will be good to have a President again who has a soul, some basic principles, and would put the country ahead of himself.  Biden is going to make a fantastic President.

What would be the greatest thing ever would be to have Biden call Barack and say the country needs him once again.  Would you be OK with me asking Michelle to be Vice-President? You can play all the fucking golf you want! 

I have to admit when I am wrong, so I hope I am wrong but must give Brisket et al their due. They said many folks would say they weren't going to vote for Trump but then come November probably will come up with a reason and go vote for him. I've been working with a woman who's rather Trumpy and without really trying, would occasionally chitchat then let her come to her own conclusions. I have to say, this virus was doing the job for me. She was not happy: the virus response, the economy, it was all too much. However, after the press conference today (which she happened to catch in the office) I had to bite my tongue because I think the Trump train was reboarded and my face looked like Pence's right after the President turned to find a scapegoat. A little surreal to realize how little it takes. Best I can hope for probably is a stay-at-home voter.

Sorry-accidently clipped my last sentence: I thought she was coming around on Biden but I think she's been watching some of those attack ads and isn't sold.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Addition

More details on Gillum

Sometimes when you have big ambitions ya got to leave old friends in the past.

I believe him when he says he wasn’t doing meth (I can’t believe I have to type such a sentence) but he’s done politically because both Democrats and Republicans don’t allow Democratic politicians to do shit like this.

It’s a real shame, I think he had a bright future too.

On 3/11/2020 at 7:30 PM, USMCHorn said:

Kamala would be a solid AG pick for sure.

Given her past history as a prosecutor, she would make me very, very nervous as AG.  As pertains to the day-to-day business of the DOJ.

It is possible that she would become a "progressive prosecutor" as the winds of change demand.  That may say something even worse about her.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

More details on Gillum

Sometimes when you have big ambitions ya got to leave old friends in the past.

I believe him when he says he wasn’t doing meth (I can’t believe I have to type such a sentence) but he’s done politically because both Democrats and Republicans don’t allow Democratic politicians to do shit like this.

It’s a real shame, I think he had a bright future too.

Marion Barry says hi.  Gillum should move to DC.

Idiot.

Joe and Bernie need to unite and call for a postponement of these primaries. I'm sure Joe wants to capitalize on his momentum and Bernie wants to avoid seeming like he's being self-interested, but Jesus Christ show leadership. Show the intelligence we're supposed to be fucking expecting from you people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Idiot.

Joe and Bernie need to unite and call for a postponement of these primaries. I'm sure Joe wants to capitalize on his momentum and Bernie wants to avoid seeming like he's being self-interested, but Jesus Christ show leadership. Show the intelligence we're supposed to be fucking expecting from you people.

Does he not realize his elderly base voters are the ones at serious risk if exposed to COVID-19?  

Oops . . . perhaps he doesn't. 

Science, not fiction!
Truth, not facts!

We are going to get 4 more years of an idiot president who doesn't understand science and lies out of defensiveness no matter which wins out of Biden and Trump.

Sanders and Biden should issue a joint statement demanding these primaries be postponed.

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

Bernie should just pull out of the primary and endorse Biden.

Why won’t Bernie do that? Doesn’t he care about the health of the elderly that will be showing up to vote!!!?!

Do you think Bernie dropping out would literally stop the primaries from happening?

Donald Trump has gotten 9.3M votes this primary season.

Bernie could drop out this evening at the debate and millions and millions of people would still show up to vote.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Do you think Bernie dropping out would literally stop the primaries from happening?

Bernie could drop out this evening at the debate and millions and millions of people would still show up to vote.

It’s ok for Bernie to kill a lot of the old people because some old people will be killed anyway!!?!

Just for people who aren't idiot trolls who do not give a shit about anything except owning the left...

The only way to actually stop millions of people from voting will be to postpone elections. If Bernie dropped out tonight, millions would still turn out on Tuesday. If the states involved postponed the primaries, then zero people would turn out on Tuesday and then Biden could get these exact same victories in a couple of months. The Bernie Bros would still be owned and fewer people would die.

Well there's definitely not going to be a repeat of the insane circus of the last two debates since there are just two participants and the guy who is behind, Bernie, doesn't play dirty.

A lot of Bernie fans are mad in advance because they know Bernie isn't going to go nasty.

Some states have cancelled their GOP presodential primaries. It's not a stretch to think that Democrats could do the same in the current situation. Is Bernie obligated to drop out? I don't think so, but it's a valid point. Between the ever increasing gap and the ongoing public health crisis.

GW is a known dumbfuck and is clearly trolling though, so that probably means Bernie should stay in.

Some states have cancelled their GOP presodential primaries. It's not a stretch to think that Democrats could do the same in the current situation. Is Bernie obligated to drop out? I don't think so, but it's a valid point. Between the ever increasing gap and the ongoing public health crisis.

GW is a known dumbfuck and is clearly trolling though, so that probably means Bernie should stay in.

They don't even need to cancel. Just push it 8 weeks and let Joe beat Bernie later.

8 weeks from now is mid-May. The convention isn't until July. We've got so long.

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

They don't even need to cancel. Just push it 8 weeks and let Joe beat Bernie later.

8 weeks from now is mid-May. The convention isn't until July. We've got so long.

I think that postponing the primaries makes a lot of sense.

But there’s no guarantee that in 8 weeks this coronavirus is going away. You do realize that right?

If Bernie really cares about this race, the future of America, and of beating Trump.... he needs to drop out.

What happens if over the summer coronavirus is still killing folks? How do we justify having large gatherings? Are we sure that we can’t get it again?

The Herculean effort its going to take to beat him can’t be overstated. Everyone now seems to just think that he’s going to lose b/c of the virus.

Well, Trump still has tons of $. Tons. His social media game is still on point and probably better from what I hear. The dems are playing catch-up big time and without Bloomberg they’d be wayyyyy more behind.

Times like these take sacrifice. Bernie needs to take stock and realize his revolution has moved the party. He will go down in history as a William Jennings Bryan type character: He will be looked at as the father of a lot of the progressive reforms that I’m sure we’ll have in the future. He will be a man before his time type guy.

Tbh, with GA and LA cancelled, other than Wisconsin in April 7, after tomorrow,  there’s not any significant pools of delegates until April 28.

Basically after tomorrow, the primary goes into stasis for 6 weeks. 

if Bernie loses tomorrow and doesn’t drop out on Wednesday,  then he’s never going to drop out and will come up with increasingly weak reasons for staying in.