Active Shooter at newspaper in Annapolis

Pancho

7 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Sorry about that.

Fuck that guy.  And several others:

When Guardian reporter Will Sommer asked Yiannopoulos about his decision to join UKIP, he responded by email that he “can’t wait for the vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight!”

“If journalists keep lying, deceiving and manipulating the public, then they will reap the same hatred they are sowing against Trump and his voters,” he wrote. “Truthfully I take no pleasure in the prospect; I’d rather beat you in a debate hall than a wrestling ring. But you did this to yourselves, and you deserve what’s coming.”

Andrew Anglin, the neo-Nazi editor of the Daily Stormer, was especially pleased. He wrote that “killing journalists is an awesome position to promote,” and that doing so might successfully rebrand Yiannopoulos: “Now that is a sentiment I can get behind.”

“Sam was cleverer, as MILO’s statement could be construed as a threat,” Anglin wrote. “But who cares? Definitely not my problem. And it’s funny.”

“Anyway, whatever – anyone calling for journalists to be killed is good,” he concluded.

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

A reporter on BBC News said the shooter had done damage to his fingertips to prevent identification. 

If that's true, how fucking stupid can someone be? Like fingerprints are the only way we can identify someone in 2018. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

If it’s not then it’s a matter of time. He openly calls the press the enemy of the people. That’s why I said above that this was predictable. 

A press that lies and distorts to promote their own agenda is an enemy of the people.  That doesn't make it right to go out and murder them though.  You can despise them without promoting that idea.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

11 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Does anyone actually pay attention to Milo?  He disappeared for a while though I can't remember why

The President literally said the press was the enemy of the people less than 3 days ago. Something he’s repeated for 2 years. People pay attention to him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

No, we don't know it has anything to do with Milo at all.  I just went down that rabbit hole when it was mentioned and HOLYFUCKINGSHIT, read what these people are calling for.

Correct.

Agreed.  I just followed the mention of Milo and again, HOLYFUCKINGSHIT.  But yes -- we have no basis to connect this to any motive at this point.  Could be a disgruntled employee, jilted boyfriend, member of the Judean People's Front, what have you.  We'll see what comes out.

From the link, Milo's call for violence was made in a text to a reporter.  So unless the shooter was on the text string -- or Milo put it out somewhere public -- then we can safely assume his call for violence has absolutely nothing to do with this.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

From the link, Milo's call for violence was made in a text to a reporter.  So unless the shooter was on the text string -- or Milo put it out somewhere public -- then we can safely assume his call for violence has absolutely nothing to do with this.

Are you serious?  You just now heard about Milo's statement?  It's been known for days.

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Keep reading.  See the Instagram post.

Milo is an indefensible piece of shit.  That may or may not have anything to do with this event -- in either case, it's still true.

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Are you serious?  You just now heard about Milo's statement?  It's been known for days.

Milo has been about as relevant on the political scene for the last year as Cindy Sheehan.  The last time I paid any attention to what he was doing was when him and Cal-Berkeley were arm wrestling each other.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Keep reading.  See the Instagram post.

Milo is an indefensible piece of shit.  That may or may not have anything to do with this event -- in either case, it's still true.

I certainly don't like him.  So he sent a text to journalists.  They disseminated it to call out his bullshit.

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

Are we sure this has anything to do with Milo? It could just be a guy that hates getting ink on his hands.

Regardless, Milo needs to shut his inflammatory mouth/butt hole. He is a drain on civil society.

23 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

A press that lies and distorts to promote their own agenda is an enemy of the people.  That doesn't make it right to go out and murder them though.  You can despise them without promoting that idea.

I agree. Fox News is an enemy of the people. I assume that is what you meant. 

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I did post the link.  Thanks for confirming that you're both stupid AND lazy.

I've looked at all your posts. Not seeing any threat Milo posted on Instagram. Here is what Milo said.

The truth is always the opposite of what the media tells you. I sent a troll about “vigilante death squads” as a private response to a few hostile journalists who were asking me for comment, as a way of saying, “Fuck off.” They then published it! Amazed they were pretending to take it as a “threat,” I reposted their stories here to mock them — and make it clear that I wasn’t serious. Headlines soon appeared claiming that I was “inciting” people to murder journalists. This is false. The only people whipping up hysteria about killing reporters this week were Will Sommer at the Daily Beast and Davis Richardson at the New York Observer. If there turns out to be any dimension to this crime related to my private, misreported remarks, the responsibility for that lies wholly with the Beast and the Observer for drumming up fake hysteria, and with the verified liberals who pretended they thought I was serious. It is a fact that the Open Society Foundation and other wealthy left-wing organizations have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars (maybe millions!) disrupting my talks, beating up my audiences and spreading rumors about me. I wouldn’t be surprised if this shooter — just like the last one at YouTube — is another demented left-winger. Let’s hope it’s another transgender shooter, too, so the casualties are minimal. The Left celebrated the shooting of Scalise and regularly incites violence against Trump supporters. They are delighted by the domestic terrorism of Antifa. They cheer on Mad Maxine when she threatens Trump staff going about their business in public. I made a private, offhand troll to two hostile reporters, who breathlessly publicized it and like vermin their fellow journalists swarmed to remind the world how much they hate Milo. If the Left was truly horrified by violence against journalists, they would have shown it in the aftermath of Charlie Hebdo. They didn’t. Scum.

Edited by Thetexashammer

6 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I've looked at all your posts. Not seeing any threat Milo posted on Instagram.

I posted the link to the SPLC article.  It has numerous embedded links sourcing everything, including the Instagram post.

Y'all aren't even trying anymore, you're just mindless trolls, supine to receive your Lord's orange cock in whatever orifice he chooses.

Edited by Brisketexan

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I posted the link to the SPLC article.  It has numerous embedded links sourcing everything, including the Instagram post.

Y'all aren't even trying anymore, you're just mindless trolls, supine to receive your Lord's orange cock in whatever orifice he chooses.

The SPLC "article" makes no mention of a threat on Instagram. For that reason I will not quote it, as there is no quote of them saying he did anything on Instagram. (Coincidentally, this is also why you are not quoting it.)

IOW the SPLC "article" validates what Milo said. It was an entirely personal commentary that was publicized by media outlets themselves.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

The SPLC "article" makes no mention of a threat on Instagram. For that reason I will not quote it, as there is no quote of them saying he did anything on Instagram. IOW the SPLC "article" validates what Milo said.

Wow.  I truly don't even know how to respond to that.

Since then, he has doubled down on his call for violence against journalists. On Instagram, he responded to a similar query from Mediaite reporter Amy Russo with a post that has since been removed.

milo-instgrmcomments.png
Instagram comment by Milo Yiannopoulos, June 26 (deleted).

“If journalists keep lying, deceiving and manipulating the public, then they will reap the same hatred they are sowing against Trump and his voters,” he wrote. “Truthfully I take no pleasure in the prospect; I’d rather beat you in a debate hall than a wrestling ring. But you did this to yourselves, and you deserve what’s coming.”

I mean...really?  Are we even having this fucking conversation?  For fuck's sake, what the hell ARE you?

And that's not a threat. It's not a call to violence. It explicity disavows violence.

I take no position on any of this. I merely am in favor of people knowing facts.

What I do oppose is mob mentality. Mobs do evil in the name of "doing good". But they do evil nonetheless. There is no doubt that the media is the source of the mod mentality that is sweeping the progressive community right now. And many people here have noted, and I agree, that this is likely to lead to violence.

It's hardly a controversial statement and I agree with it. As you likely do in your calmer moments. Except Milo said it so you have to take it to 11.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

And that's not a threat. It's not a call to violence. It explicity disavows violence.

"Trump and his supporters did this to themselves, and they deserve what's coming."

If a public figure posted that, you fuckers would be up in arms, taking that as an endorsement of the violence -- after all, they "deserve" it.  That's how the English language works.  The words have meaning.  Disavow violence my ass.

Milo did what he did, said what he said, and knew EXACTLY what he was doing.  

Targeted attack on the newspaper. Apparently threats sent through social media. Police searching home and will release I’d soon.   

From CNN.

They believe the suspect had a some interaction with an executive at the newspaper previously, one of the sources said. The source cautioned that this is preliminary information, and the investigation is just beginning. 

Edited by SDG

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"Trump and his supporters did this to themselves, and they deserve what's coming."

If a public figure posted that, you fuckers would be up in arms, taking that as an endorsement of the violence -- after all, they "deserve" it.  That's how the English language works.  The words have meaning.  Disavow violence my ass.

Milo did what he did, said what he said, and knew EXACTLY what he was doing.  

I wouldn't get outraged, because I don't get outraged by stupid shit. In fact that's my whole point. Nobody should sit around looking for shit to get outraged about. 

Your quote is exactly how many people feel. That is the very mob that the media is trying to incite, despite their duty (indeed, their entire raison d'etre) to inform and educate.

#RESIST

• Fuck You 1