Active Shooter at newspaper in Annapolis

Pancho

18 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Shooter reportedly identified using facial recognition software. 39 years old.

That is interesting. So his alleged attempts to obscure his finger prints didn't work weren't full proof. Makes sense. One of many articles I read on the shooting quoted one LE saying the shooting was like amateur hour. Unfortunately, this asshole managed to take lives. Wonder how many red flags we will hear about with this fucker in the next few days. Can't imagine how the survivors feel. 😐

1 hour ago, Flg8rfan said:

Mossberg and Remington now have mag fed shotties now too. Can’t wait to get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, the 870, 1100, 1187, and Ithaca 37, among many, many other repeating shotguns (actually all of them) are "mag fed shotties."  /firearm pedant

13 minutes ago, Robin Masters said:

"MORE: He had sued the paper in 2012 for defamation. Case was tossed by a judge."

So basically just an asshole with a 6 year old issue he couldn't get over. Sigh. Wonder what the paper wrote about him. 

I just read that he had pleased guilty to criminal harassment and an article was written about that and then he sued for defamation but his case was tossed. 

https://hinterlandgazette.com/2018/06/jarrod-ramos-idd-as-suspect-in-the-capital-newspaper-shooting-in-annapolis.html

Edited by Nicole44

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So basically just an asshole with a 6 year old issue he couldn't get over. Sigh. Wonder what the paper wrote about him. 

Reading the lawsuit and such it looks like he spent a great deal of time harassing a former high school classmate(a women) and then got mad at the paper when they did a story about her experience. 

9 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Reading the lawsuit and such it looks like he spent a great deal of time harassing a former high school classmate(a women) and then got mad at the paper when they did a story about her experience. 

Thanks. So the far too common "I'm a creepy asshole and got called out for it so now I am going to murder a bunch of folks to prove I'm not a creepy asshole" logic. Red flags will be all over with this fucknut. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Thanks. So the far too common "I'm a creepy asshole and got called out for it so now I am going to murder a bunch of folks to prove I'm not a creepy asshole" logic. Red flags will be all over with this fucknut. 

Has there ever been a person with a long chin beard that wasn’t a full bubble off level 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xian said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/erichartleyfrnd?lang=en

his. Twitter. Him for sure.  Doesn’t seem to be a trumper. Or very political (note: I’ve just scanned it- did not go into detail)

He had one tweet taking exception to the Capital Gazette calling Trump unqualified. 

Dude looks like your typical late 30's deranged incel. But he does have a hispanic last name, so white males can't take the full blame on this one.

29 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

I think I'd like to get laid in Annapolis some time.

I made out with my girlfriend in the Maryland State House when I was in college.  I mean just going at it.  Inside a huge state room.  I don't know why.  I guess that's what you do when you're in college.

It's a beautiful state house, too.

Annapolis is one of the coolest cities in the U.S.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I posted the link to the SPLC article.  It has numerous embedded links sourcing everything, including the Instagram post.

Y'all aren't even trying anymore, you're just mindless trolls, supine to receive your Lord's orange cock in whatever orifice he chooses.

I’ve found myself thinking and saying this a lot lately, but it bears saying again - you need to seek some help, man. I’ve read you for long enough to know that something isn’t right with you these days. I think your estrogen levels are off the charts or maybe you have an undiagnosed brain tumor? I don’t know. I’m not a doctor, but I can spot an unhinged, emotional fruit loop when I see one, and, well, you fit the description these days. 

A guy cannot even aspire to visit the news board here without you fucking mewling, maudlin political fucksticks just shitting all over the current events topic with an agenda. It’s pathetic. 

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, phdhorn said:

I made out with my girlfriend in the Maryland State House when I was in college.  I mean just going at it.  Inside a huge state room.  I don't know why.  I guess that's what you do when you're in college.

It's a beautiful state house, too.

Annapolis is one of the coolest cities in the U.S.

/csb

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve found myself thinking and saying this a lot lately, but it bears saying again - you need to seek some help, man. I’ve read you for long enough to know that something isn’t right with you these days. I think your estrogen levels are off the charts or maybe you have an undiagnosed brain tumor? I don’t know. I’m not a doctor, but I can spot an unhinged, emotional fruit loop when I see one, and, well, you fit the description these days. 

A guy cannot even aspire to visit the news board here without you fucking mewling, maudlin political fucksticks just shitting all over the current events topic with an agenda. It’s pathetic. 

I blame Trump and Fox and the Right.

How's that?

Here's the original article by reporter Eric Hartley.

"Jarrod wants to be your friend."

From the July 31, 2011 edition of The Capital

By, Eric Thomas Hartley

If you're on Facebook, you've probably gotten a friend request or message from an old high school classmate you didn't quite remember.

For one woman, that experience turned into a yearlong nightmare.

Out of the blue, Jarrod Ramos wrote and thanked her for being the only person ever to say hello or be nice to him in school. She didn't remember him, so he sent pictures.

She Googled him, found a yearbook  picture and realized they apparently did go to Arundel High together.

He was having some problems, so she wrote back and tried to help, suggesting a counseling center.

'I just thought I was being friendly,' she said.

That sparked months of emails in which Ramos alternately asked for help, called her vulgar names and told her to kill herself. He emailed her company and tried to get her fired."She stopped writing back and told him to stop, but he continued. When she blocked him from seeing her Facebook page, he found things she wrote on other people's pages and taunted her with it, attaching screenshots of the  postings to some of his emails.

She called police, and for months he stopped. But then he started again, nastier than ever. "All this without having seen her in person since high school. They never met until they came to court a couple of months ago. "Last week, Ramos, a 31-year-old federal employee, pleaded guilty in District Court to a misdemeanor harassment charge.

Judge Jonas Legum, who called his behavior 'rather bizarre,' suspended a 90- day  jail sentence and placed him on probation, ordering him to continue in therapy and not contact the victim or her family in any way.

The case is extreme. But it provides a frightening look at the false intimacy the Internet can offer and the venom that can hide behind a computer screen.

'I read about this all the time, where Facebook conversations, email conversations, start out fine and then take a turn where they become nastier over the course of time,' said Ramos' lawyer, Christopher Drewniak, 'And this is apparently one of those situations.'

The victim, who asked that her name not be printed, said she lived in fear for her safety for months.

The emails started in late 2009 or early 2010 – she can't remember exactly, because it was only a few months later that they grew disturbing and she started documenting things.

At first, she felt bad for him, so she shared some personal information and offered advice.

‘But when it seemed to me that it was turning into something that gave me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, that he seems to think there's some sort of relationship here that does not exist ... I tried to slowly back away from it, and he  just started getting angry and vulgar to the point I had to tell him to stop,' she told the judge.

'And he was not OK with that. He would send me things and basically tell me, "You're going to need restraining order now." "You can't make me stop. I know all these things about you." "I'm going to tell everyone about your life."

An email in April 2010 said, 'Have another drink and go hang yourself, you cowardly little lush. Don't contact you again? I don't give a (expletive). (Expletive) you.'

Later that month, the woman was suddenly put on probation at the bank where she worked. She said a supervisor told her it was because of an email from Ramos and a follow-up phone call in which he advised them to fire her.

She said she was laid off in September and believes, but can't prove, it was because of Ramos. She's since gotten another job.

When she learned what Ramos had done, she called police. He stopped contacting her for a while and started counseling in November. Still, the silence was not comforting.

'That just left me to feel like he was stewing,' she said. 'For all the time he was silent, he's collecting things about me. And then comes back at me, like, 10 times worse than he had before.'

The messages resumed in January, referring to friends' Facebook profiles and  postings about her and about Ramos himself.

His messages rambled, calling her 'a bipolar drunkard leading a double life' and saying 'Expletive you, leave me alone' though she hadn't written him in months. He told her she was afraid to let a man get close to her and discussed her family, friends, job and Rotary Club involvement – all information gleaned from the Internet.

In January, the victim went to court to get a peace order and file charges. Finally, he stopped for good. Ramos, a tall, thin man with long hair he wears in a ponytail, did not speak at the hearing and did not return a call for comment left with his attorney.

He has a degree in computer engineering and has worked for the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for six years, Drewniak said. He had no previous criminal record.

Detective Rob Cremen, who handles domestic violence cases in the county police Southern District, said sustained harassment like this is rare.

Facebook and networks like it offer the chance to reconnect with old friends. But they also can invite unwanted attention. Many people don't realize how much information about them is on social networking sites and elsewhere on the web.

'It's kind of a double-edged sword,' Cremen said.

https://www.scribd.com/document/382833355/Jarrod-Wants-To-Be-Your-Friend

Edited by phdhorn

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Did anybody actually claim that? I know a lot of posters on the thread want to believe that is true, but it's not.

Sarcasm. It's always "surly and the jump to conclusions before facts come out" team who knows what actually happened.

There's not one fucking shred of a sliver of a toothpick of a wisp of evidence that this is political in any way whatsoever.  It's P.I.U.  Simple as that.

Besides providing a pretty funny "CR" thread version of this incident, politicizing this is beyond ridiculously stupid.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Xian said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/erichartleyfrnd?lang=en

his. Twitter. Him for sure.  Doesn’t seem to be a trumper. Or very political (note: I’ve just scanned it- did not go into detail)

I know that really must disappoint Brisket, Hugo, David Dennison, and every other completely unhinged poster on Surly.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, mycox said:

Sarcasm. It's always "surly and the jump to conclusions before facts come out" team who knows what actually happened.

Ahh! Thanks for responding. 

If the incident had been a truck or a bomb, some members of that same team complain that the news media don't instantly declare it was an act of Islamic terrorism. Usually it is, but why criticize a news outlet for waiting until the fact is established?

As far as this case, I think as interesting as what you point out is the number of posters who seem over defensive about the issue of the possibility of political motivation. They seem to be worried that an incident like this is more than mildly possible. You get the sense of a released breath when they cry out, "See, there's no, none, not a shred, zero evidence that this was politically motivated!"

Like the Islamic murderer example, they know it's not crazy to think that this could have been politically motivated while idly speculating. I think remembering the President of the United States of America and Commander in Chief called the press the enemy of the people is not out of place in a  discussion before all the facts are in.

As I said in my first post, I was hoping this wasn't political. Should something like this happen as a result of political climate there will be many with blood on their hands with more blood to come.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1