2023 Fall Camp Thread of Dominance

USMCHorn

The 2023 recruiting class has everyone giddy early on. All of the highly rated guys look great. That said, they apparently like what they’re seeing all the way down the line. 

We have to wait until the spring to really find out, but the talk is as if we have draftable players all over the team right now. I’m expecting a big increase in our getting-players-drafted statistics over the next 3 years. It will be very nice to change that narrative.

18 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
40 minutes ago, Tex Long said:
If the new infusion of talent allows the OC to get us 7 points per game better than last year, AND the DC gets us just 2 points better, we hoist the Big Trophy.

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Have another glass of koolaid, cousin. Make sure it's at least half full.

• Like 2

The biggest concern with this team is that they have a head coach that hasn’t won Jack. But there’s dudes who have in their respective coaching roles.

There is not a guy that we could lose and this go in the shitter. No, it wouldn’t be ideal to lose your QB or Banks, but it shouldn’t fall apart without them. If we lose them, we’re still more talented than our conference opponents.

You can the practice reports with a grain of salt, but competition in practice sounds as though it’s breeding achievement over contentment.

The youngest guys just need to do thing their thing because the frosh aren’t relied on to carry the day. Hill is in a place where he can screwup and you might not even notice because of the maturity around him. There’s no covering for other dudes. You do your job or you don’t play.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

The biggest concern with this team is that they have a head coach that hasn’t won Jack. But there’s dudes who have in their respective coaching roles.

There is not a guy that we could lose and this go in the shitter. No, it wouldn’t be ideal to lose your QB or Banks, but it shouldn’t fall apart without them. If we lose them, we’re still more talented than our conference opponents.

You can the practice reports with a grain of salt, but competition in practice sounds as though it’s breeding achievement over contentment.

The youngest guys just need to do thing their thing because the frosh aren’t relied on to carry the day. Hill is in a place where he can screwup and you might not even notice because of the maturity around him. There’s no covering for other dudes. You do your job or you don’t play.

Sorrell and Ford whose hypothetical injuries could lead us towards the shitter, but I generally agree it wouldn't get that bad. 

If Sorrell goes down I think that we can pivot to more three man fronts. The DL room is deep and flexible. We already heard about Collins at DE in the first scrimmage. There's also a couple guys that might be able to unexpectedly step up into that spot (Finkley, Bledsoe). 

If Ford goes down it would really depend on our opponents during his absence. We should be good enough to tread water against most of the schedule. I also think pretty highly of Bush and reports on Lefau are positive. A couple of our opponents could abuse Bush's limitations and Lefau's inexperience though. 

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Strange thing about coaches, none of them ever won jack before they won jack.

HaHaHaHa😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah getting over the hump can sometimes take a little while.  Some folks act like Saban has always been a

"big winner"

Screenshot_2023-08-13-14-03-11_kindlephoto-1072947.thumb.png.0fcf8cb00c9213f24d072f686b03dacf.png

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

HaHaHaHa😂😂😂😂😂😂

Yeah getting over the hump can sometimes take a little while.  Some folks act like Saban has always been a "big winner"

Screenshot_2023-08-13-14-03-11_kindlephoto-1072947.thumb.png.0fcf8cb00c9213f24d072f686b03dacf.png

And that was without being drunk AF for months at a time. Pete Carroll was a bum prior to USC. 

24 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Sounds like putting Collins outside more is going to help him. Ready to see this new defense with PK fully unleashed and his guys everywhere. We have killers at every level on D. 

Would be cool to see our D get there, considering how most on this board wrote PK off as JAG year one.

Edited by mwaadeeb
  • Hook 'Em 3

Sorrell and Ford whose hypothetical injuries could lead us towards the shitter, but I generally agree it wouldn't get that bad. 
If Sorrell goes down I think that we can pivot to more three man fronts. The DL room is deep and flexible. We already heard about Collins at DE in the first scrimmage. There's also a couple guys that might be able to unexpectedly step up into that spot (Finkley, Bledsoe). 
If Ford goes down it would really depend on our opponents during his absence. We should be good enough to tread water against most of the schedule. I also think pretty highly of Bush and reports on Lefau are positive. A couple of our opponents could abuse Bush's limitations and Lefau's inexperience though. 

Every team has guys it doesn’t want to lose. With respect to Sorrell, he was nobody at this time last year. It’s not like he was all world coming out of high school either. Point being guys step up every year to give you some positive surprises. If he goes down, we should get some of level of production out of that replacement. That’s where we’re becoming so much better from a depth perspective. We’re closer to Bama/Georgia/Ohio State than we are to the Big 12 teams in the natural talent/depth area.

On LB, you should feel comfortable with the guys in front and behind. Blackwell has made some plays. Gbenda actually has too. Maturity and experience should be theirs. I lean more towards what seems to he the NFL way here. We will find guys to make tackles. We need to square up the front end and the back end.

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Not mutually exclusive, I'd think. Is your experience otherwise?

I think there is a required specificity to make it a "pegging gangbang". If I say I am ordering curry do I just assume its a level 5 spicy yellow curry or would I want to be specific when ordering?

Edited by MisterP
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Had Enough said:

The biggest concern with this team is that they have a head coach that hasn’t won Jack.

In Sark's other two appearances as a head coach he also didn't have the benefit of being in one of the top dog money programs while NIL and transfer portal were available. This is uncharted water for everyone. 

31 minutes ago, MisterP said:

I think there is a required specificity to make it a "pegging gangbang". If I say I am ordering curry do I just assume its a level 5 spicy yellow curry or would I want to be specific when ordering?

If you want to order a specific sort of pegging, just say so. You're safe here, this is Surly. 

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

In Sark's other two appearances as a head coach he also didn't have the benefit of being in one of the top dog money programs while NIL and transfer portal were available. This is uncharted water for everyone. 

Nobody had NIL before NIL. If SC isn't a top dog, nobody is. UDub isn't a top dog, but they aren't the Little Sisters of the Poor, wither. Sark was a drunk back then, and is not a drunk now (allegedly). Time to shine. Or not.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Not mutually exclusive, I'd think. Is your experience otherwise?

39 minutes ago, MisterP said:

5 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

If you want to order a specific sort of pegging, just say so. You're safe here, this is Surly. 

dave-chappelle-shut-the-fuck-up.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Nobody had NIL before NIL. If SC isn't a top dog, nobody is. UDub isn't a top dog, but they aren't the Little Sisters of the Poor, wither. Sark was a drunk back then, and is not a drunk now (allegedly). Time to shine. Or not.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/washington/2008.html

4 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

image.thumb.png.2bab34247e3f34153a29999a591022cb.png

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

If you look at that breakdown, it was pretty fucking accurate. I’m kind of amazed. 

Outside of Cain not playing in games the way he did in practice, Thompson not getting enough in-game reps to achieve anything and Christian Jones just being better than anyone expected, that was pretty accurate shit. Splitting hairs beyond that. 

In any event, it’s the same concern this year but from a different practice attendee - this team is an 11-1 regular season team if the main guy can keep his shit together. 

My good friend who passed on the stuff from last year will be at a few in the future and I’ll pass stuff on. I’m attending one soon myself. Interested in seeing how much I believe personally. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1