Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

1 hour ago, deft said:

Wednesday night at some point
Threw together some Texas toast, horseradish cheddar, yella cheese, bacon, and some leftover mozz sticks to make some kinda grilled cheese. Shoulda thrown some crystal in there too but que sera sera, e Pluribus unum, Tierra del sol

97f8c6fea03a44faf874205a658ecfee.jpg
2ac2ec3957302c69fe3168c5bbd2edd5.jpg
502058afee0f22cb37b7b5cb0403f721.jpg

You defied the naysayers and threw everything you had at this sandwich and came out a winner. A true darling of the late night.

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Deli inside the local grocery had corned beef on sale for less than $3/lb. Had no choice but to buy over half a pound

Only half? WTeverlovingF?

200.gif

Pos rep for the spicy brown mustard.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, RPM said:

Only half? WTeverlovingF?

Fair point. Poor phrasing on my part. Honestly, purchased about a pound-and-a-half, only a third of which found its way to this sammich.

Can't stand Thousand Island or Russian dressings. Give me spicy brown mustard (or deli, Dijon, etc.), all day, every day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Fair point. Poor phrasing on my part. Honestly, purchased about a pound-and-a-half, only a third of which found its way to this sammich.

OK, I'm decocking and putting the safety on. Good corned beef or pastrami are some of life's little rewards. You gotta grab that brass ring when it's just hanging there.

• Like 1

“Straight outta the fridge deli meat snacking” usually means only around 60% of deli meat that enters my house makes its way into sammiches. Many a late night snack had consisted of a few slices of, for example, ham and pastrami, peppered turkey and cheese all rolled up and topped with condiment. Or sometimes no condiment. Sometimes with a pickle spear in the  middle. Y’all know how it is. 

• Like 2

Usually bread just gets in the way. I thought I invented this when I was a kid with "Baloney Surprise". Baloney, cheese and mustard wrapped around a dill pickle spear. The surprise was no bread. Shoulda filed a patent.

Edited by RPM

12 hours ago, RPM said:

Usually bread just gets in the way. I thought I invented this when I was a kid with "Baloney Surprise". Baloney, cheese and mustard wrapped around a dill pickle spear. The surprise was no bread. Shoulda filed a patent.

I do that with hard salami, cheese and a pickle.   Saltines on the side sometimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

few things in life surpass good catfish

D5-D9-F1-D5-0-DA3-4-EB3-8-C67-A8-F556343

What you need to do here is make waaaay more than you can eat, then come back tomorrow and post how you made a leftover catfish sandwich/quessallias/casserole/noach/whatever. Would make for a solid offering. Also, make sure it's on a paper plate for full effect.

• Like 3

This catfish nachos idea sounds a bit intriguing.  I'm thinking potato chips instead of tortilla chips, tartar sauce instead of sour cream (light amount), hot sauce instead of salsa, sliced dill pickles instead of with jalapenos but the cheese thing has me stumped.

Someone help a brotha out here.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 2

This catfish nachos idea sounds a bit intriguing.  I'm thinking potato chips instead of tortilla chips, tartar sauce instead of sour cream (light amount), hot sauce instead of salsa, sliced dill pickles instead of with jalapenos but the cheese thing has me stumped.

Or...just eat a buncha chunks of catfish - hot or cold - doused in hot sauce. Keep it simple and glorious.

44 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I'm thinking back to Fridays at Briargrove Elementary in Houston and the fried square fish "filets" that had a layer of american cheese under the breading.  

Yeah, I wouldn't go there.  Or maybe I would.  They were fucking delicious to my nine year old ass though.

i think the only mains i liked in school lunch were steak fingers, chicken nuggets, and pepperoni pizza.  usually it was shitty sausage pizza which was terribad. 

katy often had rice on the menu - that with steak fingers, smothered in gravy, then sopped up with the roll, pretty good, as far as school lunches went. 

i should buy some beef before we run out and make some chicken fried steak fingers

Edited by elfenix

5 minutes ago, huge said:

we used to do a fish fry on a golf trip I went on, always made WAY too much.  leftovers smothered in queso late night while playing poker, maybe the best of times @jimbaround

Man, that reminds me of the catfish at Shady Grove -- breaded in crispy corn chip crumbs, topped with queso and pico.  It's glorious.

• Like 2