Florida @ Utah (7pm ESPN) (+ NC State @ UConn (6:30pm CBSSN))

texifornia

Just now, HtownHorn said:

What is the difference between 13 and 14 when you have maybe two possessions left in the game? I guess you can win the game now, or if Utah kicks a FG then you are down 16.

if you score 2 Tds and the extra points you now win. 

its what Herman should have fucking done any one of the THREE fucking times he could have gone for 2 against ou in 2021.   the most obvious one was the first fucking TD to get us within 8.   go for 2 there ( just like Royal did v arky), and if you make it, chance to win, if not, another chance to tie. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

I got to hear some of the inside baseball during Napier leaving UL for Florida a couple years ago through my FIL, and I guess good for him for getting paid but he should’ve stayed there a few more years IMO.  They gave him the largest assistant pool in their conference by far, were willing to pay him whatever they could afford, and were super behind anything he wanted regarding facilities etc. Considering (I believe) one of his years was the covid year, maybe he couldn’t done well hanging around a bit learning more at a lower pressure job.

my UF in-laws are tired of then carousel much like we are/were but this dude really is looking charlie strong-ish at this point. “This guy is supposedly a big time details dude and we will be cleaning up all the penalties”, yet they keep having drive killing penalties at the worst time. Looks familiar. 

Edited by Etexhorn13

On 8/31/2023 at 12:45 PM, Wally Pryor said:

Except Graham Mertz is the Florida QB. 

Totally non-CSB incoming:

Ages and ages ago, during the early Mackovickian, I was a neophyte sportswriter at a Panhandle newspaper. We had this one obnoxious subscriber who would call every day to see if "Shane Mertz" had signed with Texas. So that is how we privately referred to Shae Morenz for his entire Longhorns career.

Hadn't crossed my mind in decades until watching last night's game and seeing "Mertz" on the back of the Florida QB's jersey.

yeah-i-member-memberberries.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Billy Napier!

I don’t remember who it was now but there was somebody (maybe a few people) on this board that was/were jealous of the Napier hire by Florida and thought his QC and his whole staff was way better than sarks. I’m not generally petty so I didn’t keep any receipts but holy shit were they wrong haha