Monarch: Legacy of Monsters - Godzilla, Titans, MonsterVerse, Kurt & Wyatt Russel, John Goodman, Apple TV Series, Nov 17

atomheartbevo

Almost as soon as it wrapped up, they dumped it on Tubi or Vudu or some shit, and then it got moved to another service which I've never had (I think it's an AT&T-only thing).
Made no fucking sense whatsoever, other than a harbinger of things to come with HBO.

It shows the potential fate of IP in a streaming world. If you don’t buy physical media (or if there is no physical media, which is becoming true in some cases), you are beholden to the streamers. If no one offers it then it ceases to exist.

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

It shows the potential fate of IP in a streaming world. If you don’t buy physical media (or if there is no physical media, which is becoming true in some cases), you are beholden to the streamers. If no one offers it then it ceases to exist.

Yep, happened with a bunch of Disney+ properties.

Willow series and a few others never made it to physical media, so of course everybody torrented them when Disney announced they being removed from all streaming.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Terrible episode.  Now we know a little more about the two tagalongs but they still haven’t said why we should care. And did any plot get advanced bother than monarch regained control of the ol pork chop express?

speaking of, his line, yelled to nobody, about if you want to ride a spaceship you need a shield was just awful. 

Monster was still best thing about this week. 

Prolly gonna wait a couple weeks to binge a few at a time. 

I’m not a fan of one a week on something that don’t need to be one a week. 

I can understand one a week if it was like season 5 or a season finale to keep audience hooked. 

But like right off the back one a week. No bueno. 

A better episode this week. The age/appearance disconnect of Shaw is definitely going to be some kind of plot point. 

Agreed. They alluded to this in one aside as a highly classified incident. I wonder if all of the folks at the assisted living/prison in Japan were lab rats being studied. If he got blasted by some life extending force today’s tech moguls would be wanting some of it.

I want to know why Shaw and Monarch diverged. Is Bill Randa still out there ?

I've got to disagree.  To me it's just more of the same.  Interesting story brought down by poor performances and terrible dialogue. 

Kurt is given so little to work with, he's wasted here.

The kids are monotonous and lifeless. Im rooting for the monsters to get them. The interrogation scenes reminded me of those mid 90s Showtime 11pm C-movies I used to stay up late to watch just because TV guide showed N for nudity.

Ultimately, I think I'm pissed at Apple for half assing a halfway decent take on Godzilla.  

I'm still going to finish it, but I no longer have hopes for it to get better.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I've got to disagree.  To me it's just more of the same.  Interesting story brought down by poor performances and terrible dialogue. 

Kurt is given so little to work with, he's wasted here.

The kids are monotonous and lifeless. Im rooting for the monsters to get them. The interrogation scenes reminded me of those mid 90s Showtime 11pm C-movies I used to stay up late to watch just because TV guide showed N for nudity.

Ultimately, I think I'm pissed at Apple for half assing a halfway decent take on Godzilla.  

I'm still going to finish it, but I no longer have hopes for it to get better.

This is where I’m at. I can’t unhear the poor dialogue now. And they like to re-use the spendy monster cgi- how many times have we seen the gday bus on the bridge shot?

really felt the dialogue when may was talking with kate about not giving up, and she says “you didn’t give up on me” which made sense given the recent events, but then continued “when I was freezing to death in Alaska” as if what happened like a week ago in show time and one episode ago in audience time needed to be called back. 

i don’t blame the actors though, what are they supposed to do?  Well, Kate’s mom is overacting. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

18 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Bill Randa was eaten by a Skullcrawler on Skull Island in 1973.  Not tight.

I actually thought that whole sequence with his camera going off in the skullcrawler while it’s circling them in the toxic gas was the best scene in that movie 

Spoiler from this past episode if you didn’t catch it:

Spoiler

The manly monarch French chick Duvall is Ford Brody’s (main guy in godzilla 2014) aunt. In this past episode she says “my sister Sandra died in Janjira”. Sandra was of course Ford’s mom’s name and Bryan Cranston’s wife in that movie 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:
  Hide contents

So why was missing dad Randa using the gamma ray simulator to wake up Godzilla? Seems not well thought out. Buuut monsters! lol this show isn’t high art, but it’s fun 

Spoiler

Maybe he wants to see the world burn. Dude legit lived two lives. 

My only issue with Kurt and Wyatt is the height. Kurt is 5’ 9”, and Wyatt is something like 6’2”. It stands out to me.

I am really rooting for the kids to die. I hate Mae the most. Would happily trade the ladies for the Monarch Korean guy to come back. No questions asked.

It looks like they spent most of the story writing for the past.

I get a little bothered by the lack of attention to details in footage. It looked like they were in a studio not driving in North Africa, and everyone was a bit too clean looking in many scenes.

Seems strange to have the helicopter go down and everyone die. Stranger still to only send one.

I’d like to see a flashback of the flash backs,  like 1920s Godzilla or 1640s. 

or when randa was on the ship that went down.

adult actors are acting circles around the kids. The boy not bad.. my Asian babe sucks other than we bat for same team. 

i ain’t a Godzilla buff, so I ain’t to sure how it came about but how was Godzilla created? Oppenheimer bombs created Godzilla right? I have no idea 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

I’d like to see a flashback of the flash backs,  like 1920s Godzilla or 1640s. 

or when randa was on the ship that went down.

adult actors are acting circles around the kids. The boy not bad.. my Asian babe sucks other than we bat for same team. 

i ain’t a Godzilla buff, so I ain’t to sure how it came about but how was Godzilla created? Oppenheimer bombs created Godzilla right? I have no idea 

Traditional Godzilla lore is that he was an ancient amphibious dinosaur irradiated and made powerful by nuclear testing in the pacific in 1954. 

48 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What would have been so bad about making the monarch origin story just in the appropriate timeline and with the appropriate characters?

why do we need the grandkids and dad story at all?

I believe a law was passed a decade or so ago that bans movies/shows from taking place within a singular timeline. Or at least that’s what it seems like

• Haha 3