2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

Officials easily cost the Texans at least 10 points today.

Arizona 1-8

Jacksonville 6-3

Denver 3-5

@Jets 4-4

@Titans 3-6

Cleveland 5-3

Titans 3-6

@Colts 5-5

eight more games, two against teams with winning records. 11 wins is attainable.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Officials easily cost the Texans at least 10 points today.

Arizona 1-8

Jacksonville 6-3

Denver 3-5

@Jets 4-4

@Titans 3-6

Cleveland 5-3

Titans 3-6

@Colts 5-5

eight more games, two against teams with winning records. 11 wins is attainable.

Show me a loss.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

What we're seeing is the proof that QB is the most important position in sports. 

Texans are for real. CJ is him. This is just the beginning. LFG. 

Imagine with an offensive line. 

Defense got lucky a few times today but pass rush looking better and not getting gashed in the run game. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Imagine with an offensive line. 

Defense got lucky a few times today but pass rush looking better and not getting gashed in the run game. 

Defense is a banged up, ragtag crew but they went after Burrow today and fucked some shit up. We know Demeco will continue to get the best effort out of them.  Will Anderson hasn't made many individual plays yet but he's a disruptor and I feel he's close. 

Remaining schedule is super favorable.  Shit is getting real! 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Defense is a banged up, ragtag crew but they went after Burrow today and fucked some shit up. We know Demeco will continue to get the best effort out of them.  Will Anderson hasn't made many individual plays yet but he's a disruptor and I feel he's close. 

Remaining schedule is super favorable.  Shit is getting real! 

5 sacks?

• Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Nope.  Not getting sucked in again.

Danny Devito Smh GIF

If you can't get excited about this team, with the HC and the extremely dynamic QB showing all of this as a rookie, I feel bad for you as a sports fan. Look, I was more down than just about anyone during the shittastic years of Easterby dominance. But they have really turned things around nicely. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SimkinsMan said:

If you can't get excited about this team, with the HC and the extremely dynamic QB showing all of this as a rookie, I feel bad for you as a sports fan. Look, I was more down than just about anyone during the shittastic years of Easterby dominance. But they have really turned things around nicely. 

Fuck. The. NFL.

I was a die-hard Oiler fan.  The NFL fucked me.  

I was living in SD when the Oilers abandoned my hometown, so I became a SD Chargers fan.  The NFL fucked me.

Houston was awarded an NFL franchise, and I had high hopes for a team whose name and color scheme were unique and connected to the greater Houston region.  The NFL fucked me.

Despite all of that, I found myself watching last week's game and actually cheering when Stroud pulled off the last minute drive to win.   Then I regained my senses and remembered:  Fuck. The. NFL.

2 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Fuck. The. NFL.

I was a die-hard Oiler fan.  The NFL fucked me.  

I was living in SD when the Oilers abandoned my hometown, so I became a SD Chargers fan.  The NFL fucked me.

Houston was awarded an NFL franchise, and I had high hopes for a team whose name and color scheme were unique and connected to the greater Houston region.  The NFL fucked me.

Despite all of that, I found myself watching last week's game and actually cheering when Stroud pulled off the last minute drive to win.   Then I regained my senses and remembered:  Fuck. The. NFL.

Look, I'm the same way. I've always described myself as a Houston Oilers fan. Bud Adams fucked us. 

I still rooted for the Tennessee Oilers because of the players. Then when Houston passed on VY, I became a Titans fan until Jeff Fisher fucked that up. 

I have never fully given my fandom to the Texans organization. I would watch occasionally, but never lost an ounce of sleep over playoff losses. 

Demeco and CJ changed everything for me. Great coach, great QB, great people. I want my 6 year old son to have a professional football team to root for. We have that now. I'm 100% in. 

Call that fairweather or whatever, I don't give a shit. I'm old and am not gonna invest my emotions in a professional team until they show signs of of potential excellence. LFG. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So, some bettor won $5.5M on a 4-leg parlay.

Texans to beat the Bengals

Texas and Bengals over of 44.5

Devin Singletary to score a TD

Devin Singletary more than 51.5 yards rushing

The bet was for 500K.

I’ll admit it……it wasn’t me.

Dammit…

• Like 1