2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

11 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

He'll be there even if they have to put him in one of those Hannibal Lecter dollies. He knows if he misses this game and Quinn goes out and beats the Eagles there will be calls to replace him with Quinn. 

Especially if the time clock and timeouts are involved in the outcome.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, kevwun said:
He's a better OC than Moore at least.

You mean you didn't like that 6 point effort against the vaunted NE defense from the Chargers last week?

Kellen can't call an offense if even one critical piece is missing. That's what i always noticed as a difference between he and Dan Quinn. On DQ's side of the ball, guys get banged up, guys miss some time, and he is able to plug someone else in that gets the job done and the defense doesn't just fall off. Diggs gets hurt this year, of course it's a big deal, but he coaches up Bland and the other guys and they go and get it done for us. Whereas with Kellen, our offense was always one injury away from being a shell of itself.

Look at the playoff game last year. Offense was doing well, Pollard gets hurt, and we can't overcome it. We sputtered for the rest of the game.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 4:24 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Any doctor folks here? Is that operation now done laparoscopically or did they open him up?

Also what’s his pain level likely to be? Could he call the game from the booth; maybe running the game while on OxyContin will be an improvement.

calling doctor of neighborhood!

Question as I may have missed the memo.
In rooting against San Fran and Detroit per poss future playoffs games, does it matter?  Would the Boys have to go on the road against either team due to them winning their division?  I just assumed best record hosts.

Wild cards rarely host a playoff game unless all three WCs win their initial games on the road. In that case top seed bye would play WC7 and WC5 would host WC6. It goes division winners then record. Usually WCs are on the road for the playoffs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/10/2023 at 2:33 PM, 'stache said:

I don't miss Cooper, like at all. What a weird comment. WR is not this team's problem. Dumbass offensive coaching and a worthless sack of dogshit playing right tackle are the problems. 

Just a way more expensive version of Jarvis Landry. 

Our run D is not great. We don’t travel well. We basically gave up and gave in early in Buffalo bc a few guys had the stomach bug and it was at Buffalo and dark and raining.  We are a finesse team that has to be at home. We award ourselves and crown ourselves too early and often. The run D won’t get us past the NFC playoffs if we make it there. I was very disappointed we just packed it in because it was cold and raining and a few guys had the flu. We’ll see. Dak has had a good year but he doesn’t have a great overall record against winning teams and doesn’t have a lot of fourth quarter comebacks. This team gives me the least amount of confidence that they can win if they are behind by a score coming out of halftime. Seriously. We have a good team and a great DC and best HC really since Jimmy. Our QB is experienced and the lines for the most part are fairly solid. We have weapons. It’s the mental toughness issue we seem to fail at. We can’t punch back when we get punched by a better team. It’s frustrating because we have the ability it’s the spirit or the attitude that sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Our run D is not great. We don’t travel well. We basically gave up and gave in early in Buffalo bc a few guys had the stomach bug and it was at Buffalo and dark and raining.  We are a finesse team that has to be at home. We award ourselves and crown ourselves too early and often. The run D won’t get us past the NFC playoffs if we make it there. I was very disappointed we just packed it in because it was cold and raining and a few guys had the flu. We’ll see. Dak has had a good year but he doesn’t have a great overall record against winning teams and doesn’t have a lot of fourth quarter comebacks. This team gives me the least amount of confidence that they can win if they are behind by a score coming out of halftime. Seriously. We have a good team and a great DC and best HC really since Jimmy. Our QB is experienced and the lines for the most part are fairly solid. We have weapons. It’s the mental toughness issue we seem to fail at. We can’t punch back when we get punched by a better team. It’s frustrating because we have the ability it’s the spirit or the attitude that sucks. 

I mean, to be fair, anyone not named Mahomes or Brady doesn't have a great overall record against winning teams.  One of the dumbest stats in football.  

2 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Read an article yesterday that even the experts are confused about who wins the tiebreaker if both Eagles & Cowboys win out.

It was some article on The Score app.

Most comments have said Eagles win out and they likely win NFC East due to tiebreakers... 

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Most comments have said Eagles win out and they likely win NFC East due to tiebreakers... 

I believe it.

And I love that it brings drama to our last few games (three?). 

We can't lose any!  We need them to lose one more than we do!

Now that Longhorns regular season is over, it's all about the Cowboys from here out.

And there's nothing better than drama to get me interested.

Longhorns have two more games to play.  
Hopefully, the Cowboys have six?  Or is it seven to get to the superbowl?  

3 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Both win out, Philly has the tiebreaker thanks to our Arizona loss. 

Not anymore as the Seattle loss put both teams at the same number of NFC conference losses. I have no idea where the tie breakers go after that. I just don't think it will come down to that. 

11 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

So let's see... 10-4 Dolphins in Miami this weekend. What are the chances these pussies get mudstomped two weeks in a row?

Not likely...they could lose but they arent getting blown out or anything. Pretty much every criticism that people use to tear down this year's Cowboys also applies to the Dolphins.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We can’t stop the run and our secondary is average. Mostert is going to have the first 1000 yard game in NFL history. The Cowboys may still win, but they are going to have to out score Miami and have the ball last. I have no faith in this team on the road against a playoff team. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hate said:

We can’t stop the run and our secondary is average. Mostert is going to have the first 1000 yard game in NFL history. The Cowboys may still win, but they are going to have to out score Miami and have the ball last. I have no faith in this team on the road against a playoff team. 

Dallas isn’t winning this game.