2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

Tuned in a little late. Cowboys were using a fullback and marching right down the field. Got to like first and goal at the one foot line. Quick hitter to FB blasts into the endzone, albeit without the football.

Rest of the game - Better not try that again. Let's have three quarters of mediocre product followed by a few hugs and frowns.

Fuck pro football. I'm tired of watching receivers trying to catch a ball while the defender has hold of him with at least one hand (usually wrapped around his back.) These fucks are lazy coasters, pulling in mega bucks, not giving a shit if they win or lose. Not all teams are this way, but the Dallas Pussie Boys have been infect with a corn pone mentality that stems from the top.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

Fullback was doing good. Just a huge mistake.

Cant fault them for the call. They finally using the FB on short yardage. Something we’ve wanted them to do.

The defense is ass. As usual.

Wrong. I want the ball in the hands of dudes used to carrying the ball. I like luedtke but he needs to block. Fumbling is inexcusable. Bad call on mikes part. I would have gone with Rico.

Why can the Dallas defense only get sacks against QBs that stand in the pocket for 6 seconds like a statue. They need a different (read: effective) scheme for QBs who get the ball out quickly. I don't know what that scheme is but I'm sick of watching guys like Tua clown on Dallas.

Edited by Paper_jam

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

The Ravens would have 45 sacks against Steele and Edoga (#71 the human turnstile) 

Edoga was fucking terrible Sunday.  Again, the organization's inability to garner good depth at key positions is a downfall to a flawed team to begin with.  Most teams have depth issues when key members or positional groups get hit with injury, examples are the Eagles secondary or the Niners anytime Trent Williams can't play at an elite level, but what's frustrating about the Cowboys is they should have expected these situations because guys they are relying on our injury prone -- Tyron and LVE, or they've simply mismanaged the position -- linebacker or DT.  These were known issues and they made minimal moves or developed talent in a way where they just can't get average play.  Average.  Edoga cost them at least 10 points on Sunday.  Here's 4.  This is as simple a line protection call as you'll see.  The result is an unblocked pass rusher (Miami's best DL) which makes Dak have to break the pocket and throw it away instead of having the half second he needed to find Ferg or Cooks.  

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Edoga was fucking terrible Sunday.  Again, the organization's inability to garner good depth at key positions is a downfall to a flawed team to begin with.  Most teams have depth issues when key members or positional groups get hit with injury, examples are the Eagles secondary or the Niners anytime Trent Williams can't play at an elite level, but what's frustrating about the Cowboys is they should have expected these situations because guys they are relying on our injury prone -- Tyron and LVE, or they've simply mismanaged the position -- linebacker or DT.  These were known issues and they made minimal moves or developed talent in a way where they just can't get average play.  Average.  Edoga cost them at least 10 points on Sunday.  Here's 4.  This is as simple a line protection call as you'll see.  The result is an unblocked pass rusher (Miami's best DL) which makes Dak have to break the pocket and throw it away instead of having the half second he needed to find Ferg or Cooks.  

Yep this is the real downfall of Dallas. The fact that all it takes is ONE GUY BEING HURT to completely break our offense. Fuck this OL.

On 12/24/2023 at 11:58 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Wrong. I want the ball in the hands of dudes used to carrying the ball. I like luedtke but he needs to block. Fumbling is inexcusable. Bad call on mikes part. I would have gone with Rico.

Well, dude is used to carrying the ball (not this season) he just didn't secure the handoff.  Averaged about 90 carries/season in college.   

On 12/24/2023 at 11:58 PM, Texzilla58 said:

It was a misfortunate play and it sucks because Luepke has been coming on in the last 2-3 weeks.  The real soul destroying play was the the play right before....

Another example of mismanagement.  We decide to pay a guy coming off of major injury but instead of helping him, we don't go out and trade/sign an experienced  vet to help Pollard out.  It's obvious Tony has a good skill set but it's not a lead back skill set.  He's better doing certain things and we could have helped him succeed by not forcing him into positions he's not good at because we mismanaged our roster again.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Couple of weeks ago there was talk on the broadcast about dak and mvp. Two weeks later and I see this espn talking head show that’s on while I eat breakfast in a hotel and they have a segment in which they debate whether they’d rather have dak or Goff for the playoffs. 

Our society is too stupid to remember past 5 minutes ago anymore.

• Like 1

So today on the radio they said Quinn and the S&c coach made Mazi go from 332 to 290 lbs. no wonder he is failing to be the fireplug in the middle that the D line needed. That’s just stupid. It’s hard enough to step your game up from college to the nfl without having to make a drastic change to physique. 290 ain’t gonna work for anyone there.

The Cowboys have same division record as Eagles. If Eagles lose to the Cardinals and beat the Giants, we would have same division record (if we win out) and the Cowboys would have a one-game edge in conference record. If the Eagles beat the Cardinals and lose to the Giants, they would have a worse division AND conference record than Dallas. Either scenario gives Cowboys the division — unless I’m missing something.

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

still have to win a road playoff game and if that impossibility happens, Ravens await in LV

This January is going to be the epic collision of the insane roll the Ravens are on with playoff choking of Lamar Jackson. Which one will win out? 

• Like 1