2023 Dallas Cowboys Season Thread

Hermanator

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I feel like being a Cowboys fan over the past 30 years gives one a unique understanding of what it must be like to be an aggy.

I can't even imagine being both a Cowboys and aggy fan.  

It's like being a Texas fan between 1970 and 2005. We're not that far away from the same period of drought from the Super Bowl years. And let's be honest, last season was about the best shot we had of even sniffing the Super Bowl.   

Edited by mdmost

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's like being a Texas fan between 1970 and 2005. We're not that far away from the same period of drought from the Super Bowl years. And let's be honest, last season was about the best shot we had of even sniffing the Super Bowl.   

At least for much of the 1970 through 2005 time frame, it was good to be a Cowboys fan.

Aggy's been wandering the desert since @Armybrat's grandfather was roaming the 40 acres.

2016 was the last time I had real confidence we could get to the Super Bowl going into the playoffs. Even this year, I was skeptical they could beat anyone after the wild card round even at home. And even if we had beaten Green Bay and Detroit at home, we would get whipped as usual against SF.

We aren't sniffing another SB as longs as Jerry is in charge.  

I don't have high hopes for Stephen either, but at least there's a chance he could be different if Jerry were gone.

But I'm definitely getting Al and Mark Davis vibes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

We aren't sniffing another SB as longs as Jerry is in charge.  

I don't have high hopes for Stephen either, but at least there's a chance he could be different if Jerry were gone.

But I'm definitely getting Al and Mark Davis vibes.

Charlotte could have Stephen killed.  

Vic is absolutely right that it only gets worse with Stephen.

Whatever little you think of Jerry remember that Stephen is the genetic material of him and a woman who is such a spineless lumpfish of a woman that she has allowed Jerry to fuck any piece of ass all over town, have fun babies and probably the only thing she demanded in return was to be able to put some artwork in the stadium and get Jerry to browbeat telecasts into mentioning it for the first decade of said stadium's existence.  

Stephen will be 10x more pathetic and 10x more pathetic than Jerry.  Thanks a lot Eugenia..... 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Our only hope is that it comes out that Jerry pulls a Vince McMahon and takes a dump on some interns face while sealing her up with Nate Newton and also in this scenario Troy Aikman is his SIL and takes over the franchise

• Haha 1

Or somehow Charlotte wrestles power away from Stephen. She’ll at least let the football guys do their job.

But seriously. They don’t figure this Dak shit out and even I can’t be that optimistic.

Dak is the only thing keeping this shit heap competitive. Soon he'll be gone and most of you can get your wish of going from 12 wins a year to 5 or 6 while we fantasize about some magical new QB showing up

Shhhh don’t say that.

They’ll be so much better with some mid QB or Trey Lance or a Rookie.

Daks a bum.

BTW if Dak plays here next year they still gonna win 10 games. And it’ll show just how important and how good he is doing that.

Then he should rightfully walk away picking the right spot for him.

I’ll always be a cowboys fan. But I’ll love watching him win on another team and show what he is.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Drew said:

Shhhh don’t say that.

They’ll be so much better with some mid QB or Trey Lance or a Rookie.

Daks a bum.

BTW if Dak plays here next year they still gonna win 10 games. And it’ll show just how important and how good he is doing that.

Then he should rightfully walk away picking the right spot for him.

I’ll always be a cowboys fan. But I’ll love watching him win on another team and show what he is.

Interesting. What team is out there that has a great roster, and can afford to sign Dak to a maxed out contract without losing major pieces? Because he isn't taking anything other than the maximum amount. He is like Cousins, he has mastered the art of getting paid. I love it tbh. But just don't tell me you're all about winning and doing what's best for your team when your actions are purely about making the maximum amount of money.

I don't think anyone truly hates Dak. I just don't think paying A+ money for B+ players is a good way to operate. Also, Jerry is an idiot. So anything he does is idiotic. And that includes whatever the hell he is doing with Dak. 

Yall seem to think he has some sort of Stafford in him where if he just was on the right team it would all be OK and he could really shine. The problem is he is nowhere near the talent level of Stafford.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 3

Dak is the only thing keeping this shit heap competitive. Soon he'll be gone and most of you can get your wish of going from 12 wins a year to 5 or 6 while we fantasize about some magical new QB showing up
You saying the Quincy Carter years at QB weren't good.
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mother mopar said:
6 hours ago, cmontexas said:

You saying the Quincy Carter years at QB weren't good.

Well, they were better than the Steve Pelluer years

On 3/12/2024 at 9:18 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Vic is absolutely right that it only gets worse with Stephen.

Whatever little you think of Jerry remember that Stephen is the genetic material of him and a woman who is such a spineless lumpfish of a woman that she has allowed Jerry to fuck any piece of ass all over town, have fun babies and probably the only thing she demanded in return was to be able to put some artwork in the stadium and get Jerry to browbeat telecasts into mentioning it for the first decade of said stadium's existence.  

Stephen will be 10x more pathetic and 10x more pathetic than Jerry.  Thanks a lot Eugenia..... 

fucking nepo babies

On 3/13/2024 at 9:06 AM, Pam Cummings said:

Interesting. What team is out there that has a great roster, and can afford to sign Dak to a maxed out contract without losing major pieces? Because he isn't taking anything other than the maximum amount. He is like Cousins, he has mastered the art of getting paid. I love it tbh. But just don't tell me you're all about winning and doing what's best for your team when your actions are purely about making the maximum amount of money.

I don't think anyone truly hates Dak. I just don't think paying A+ money for B+ players is a good way to operate. Also, Jerry is an idiot. So anything he does is idiotic. And that includes whatever the hell he is doing with Dak. 

Yall seem to think he has some sort of Stafford in him where if he just was on the right team it would all be OK and he could really shine. The problem is he is nowhere near the talent level of Stafford.

I obviously disagree whole heartedly.  I truly think Dak wins that SB with the Rams just like Stafford did.  Stafford had good teams in Detroit...jsut as talented offenses, and didn't win a single playoff game.

You can claim Dak hasn't done shit, that's fair to say...but he did MORE than Stafford did in his first 10 years.  Dak going to a serious team, with proper coaching, and not one that looks like it's trying to sabotage their own QB at times would be so much better.

Bet they wouldn't go into a season with holes/injured OL hoping for the best...or into a season without any semblance of a running game.

Also yes, there ARE people who truly hate Dak.  Don't be blind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Drew said:

I obviously disagree whole heartedly.  I truly think Dak wins that SB with the Rams just like Stafford did.  Stafford had good teams in Detroit...jsut as talented offenses, and didn't win a single playoff game.

You can claim Dak hasn't done shit, that's fair to say...but he did MORE than Stafford did in his first 10 years.  Dak going to a serious team, with proper coaching, and not one that looks like it's trying to sabotage their own QB at times would be so much better.

Bet they wouldn't go into a season with holes/injured OL hoping for the best...or into a season without any semblance of a running game.

Matt Stafford can win games without a proper running game. Dak's record without a legit running game is abysmal. Not to mention the accuracy and arm angles that Stafford regularly displays. They just aren't near the same level.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Drew said:

jesus christ on a cracker this is some of the best work you’ve ever done. 

https://www.wfaa.com/article/sports/nfl/cowboys/dak-prescotts-accuser-shares-story-exclusive-interview-wfaa/287-81282bf2-9d1c-4a6f-a7ab-14dc7fdf418e 

that poor girl is telling the truth.  dak is a slimy predatory piece of shit.  I’ve always thought he seemed capable of something like this; you could tell he was trash from day one by his face and the way he talks.  he is the single worst thing that’s ever happened to america’s team.  if he is brought to justice prior to the extension the franchise will save $300MM and we might actually be good again in the next few years. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Matt Stafford can win games without a proper running game. Dak's record without a legit running game is abysmal. Not to mention the accuracy and arm angles that Stafford regularly displays. They just aren't near the same level.

dak would have never been on the rams anyway because sean mcvay would never sign a retard to play quarterback. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, futureman said:

he is the single worst thing that’s ever happened to america’s team. 

Please. Lance Rentzel. 

In the’60s, Rentzel exposed himself to a little girl in Minnesota. It was suppressed. They traded him to the Cowboys, where he became a star, enjoying the single coverage received on the other side from Bob Hayes. He then exposed himself to a little girl in north Dallas, whose father wouldn’t let the DA downplay it, forcing a trade to the Rams, where he entered sports media (it was a different era). 

At some point, the world figured out that this kind of behavior was more than a “nutty kink”, and Rentzel was relegated to ignominy. Still, the fact remains that the Cowboys had a monster on the roster for a few years. 

13 hours ago, futureman said:

dak would have never been on the rams anyway because sean mcvay would never sign someone with that little arm talent to play quarterback. 

FIFY

Edited by statsman

23 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Dallas didn't have a "proper running game" last season, yet Dak went 12-5.

Not sure why Dak and Stafford are being compared as their styles of play are very different. One thing I'll say for Stafford is, when he finally got paired with a young, creative coaching staff, he won a Super Bowl.

As good as Mahomes is, do you think he'd be a three-time champ if he'd gone to Dallas instead of Andy Reid and the Chiefs? I don't think Dak is in Mahomes' class (who is?), but coaching matters. A lot. Just ask Vince.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Not sure why Dak and Stafford are being compared as their styles of play are very different. One thing I'll say for Stafford is, when he finally got paired with a young, creative coaching staff, he won a Super Bowl.

As good as Mahomes is, do you think he'd be a three-time champ if he'd gone to Dallas instead of Andy Reid and the Chiefs? I don't think Dak is in Mahomes' class (who is?), but coaching matters. A lot. Just ask Vince.

Why is the coaching good enough for Dak to win 12 games but not a playoff game? Why is it that Dak gets sole credit for any good he does but all the bad stuff gets blamed on coaching? That's kind of always where I land on it. Like OK, I agree the coaching isn't great. But someone has to get credit for winning 12 games and I don't remember Dak lighting up the win column each season before he had this current coaching staff.

Actually Dak went 12-6. Cucked and fucked by a 7 seed.

33 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Agree 100%. Lots of young and mediocre QBs having playoff success out there with innovative coaching, either HC and/or OC. Dallas has one old fat fuck who sucks shit doing both. I mean we were carved up by Jordan Fucking Love for crying out loud.

24 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Why is the coaching good enough for Dak to win 12 games but not a playoff game? Why is it that Dak gets sole credit for any good he does but all the bad stuff gets blamed on coaching? That's kind of always where I land on it. Like OK, I agree the coaching isn't great. But someone has to get credit for winning 12 games and I don't remember Dak lighting up the win column each season before he had this current coaching staff.

In any given season most teams on anyone's schedule will be bad to mediocre teams. The talent level overall was good enough for 12 wins. But come playoffs, the coaches failed to game plan for better opponents. Got owned by a young innovative coach in GB. Unable to keep up with the new ideas that are generating offense. Entirely unable to adjust midgame. Because they're old, and they suck shit. 

That's really it. I like Dak but he's not the cause of our success or the root of our failures. Good innovative coaching would utilize his strengths and diminish his weaknesses. We don't have that so it doesn't matter who is QB. Brady might have been able to run his own offense and have some additional success, but nobody else. Even Mahomes doesn't do it on his own, his coaches utilized his strengths and magnified them. If he had been drafted by Dallas he'd probably still be on the bench or out of the league by now (possibly exaggerated but I think it's completely possible).

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Agree 100%. Lots of young and mediocre QBs having playoff success out there with innovative coaching, either HC and/or OC. Dallas has one old fat fuck who sucks shit doing both. I mean we were carved up by Jordan Fucking Love for crying out loud.

In any given season most teams on anyone's schedule will be bad to mediocre teams. The talent level overall was good enough for 12 wins. But come playoffs, the coaches failed to game plan for better opponents. Got owned by a young innovative coach in GB. Unable to keep up with the new ideas that are generating offense. Entirely unable to adjust midgame. Because they're old, and they suck shit. 

That's really it. I like Dak but he's not the cause of our success or the root of our failures. Good innovative coaching would utilize his strengths and diminish his weaknesses. We don't have that so it doesn't matter who is QB. Brady might have been able to run his own offense and have some additional success, but nobody else. Even Mahomes doesn't do it on his own, his coaches utilized his strengths and magnified them. If he had been drafted by Dallas he'd probably still be on the bench or out of the league by now (possibly exaggerated but I think it's completely possible).

Dak throwing multiple first half picks and a pick 6 against a mid GB defense is the coaches fault? Not buying. Everyone failed. Including Dak.

Also lol at that Mahomes take. Patrick Mahomes can win anywhere because he's a bad ass motherfucker. He makes everything around him better. He raises everybody's level. Before him, the Chiefs were a cute little team that couldn't win in the playoffs because their QB had a BB gun arm and couldn't score in the red zone. Andy Reid was a "choker". Now he's one of the greatest coaches ever and Mahomes would be nothing without him. Give me a break.

Edited by Pam Cummings

54 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Nobody--least of all his own fans--is giving Dak sole credit.

You just made a stupid comment about Dak being unable to win without a "proper running game." I addressed it. But instead of admitting your take was dumb, you're trying to shift this to "people are giving Dak all the credit for wins" when it's the opposite--you weren't giving him ANY credit for those wins.

Do better.