Jonathon Brooks is a Bad Mother Fucker

immamac

43 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The all run drive was our best drive of the half and was only stopped because brooks got injured. 

The facts simply don't support your conclusion.

You’re right. I was at game and just was half bombed. That drive was precisely where I had my issues with the calls - particularly as soon as Brooks went out. CJ isn’t close to JB and we were still up 26-13 at that point with 0 points having been scored in the 3rd quarter. Mix is up a bit with 1st and 10 at TCU’s 38 with 11 minutes left to play. Instead, it was the fucking CJ Baxter show the rest of the game. It was terrible play calling. 

But, Sark didn’t get JB hurt and I made a dumbass comment. Our lack of execution through the first 19 minutes of the half caused us to rely heavily on him. I need to rewatch the 2nd half tonight to watch the pass play calls in the 3rd. 

55 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The all run drive was our best drive of the half and was only stopped because brooks got injured. 

We scored 5 times in the 1st half, 3 TD a& 2 FG. We got to the Red Zone 5 times.

We scored once in the 2nd half, a FG. We did not get to the Red Zone in the 2nd half.

Best drive of the half is a pretty low bar to step over.

Texas passed for 251 yds in the 1st half, 73 yds in the 2nd half.

Look a bit closer at 2nd half possessions;

3rd & 1, completed as for minus 3 yards, punt (5 play & punt)

3rd & 6, incomplete pass, punt, 6 plays & punt

3rd & 3, run for 0 yards, FG, 9 plays & FG

3rd & 5, pass for 1 yard, punt, 3 plays & punt

3rd & 12, 35 yard pass, 1st down, 7 plays, end of game

Other than the last possession, Texas made a total of minus 2 yards on 4 3rd down plays.

To paraphrase Abe Lemons, “that’s 2 yards less than a dead man.”

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

21 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

If they can’t give Baxter and blue 20 Carries and get 120 out of them then that’s just sad. If we are going to throw it all over then let’s do that but Baxter can do this. 

CJ has shown consistently he can give you 75% of those yards on 20 carries

14 minutes ago, PTINS said:

We scored 5 times in the 1st half, 3 TD a& 2 FG. We got to the Red Zone 5 times.

We scored once in the 2nd half, a FG. We did not get to the Red Zone in the 2nd half.

Best drive of the half is a pretty low bar to step over.

Texas passed for 251 yds in the 1st half, 73 yds in the 2nd half.

Look a bit closer at 2nd half possessions;

3rd & 1, completed as for minus 3 yards, punt (5 play & punt)

3rd & 6, incomplete pass, punt, 6 plays & punt

3rd & 3, run for 0 yards, FG, 9 plays & FG

3rd & 5, pass for 1 yard, punt, 3 plays & punt

3rd & 12, 35 yard pass, 1st down, 7 plays, end of game

Other than the last possession, Texas made a total of minus 2 yards on 4 3rd down plays.

To paraphrase Abe Lemons, “that’s 2 yards less than a dead man.”

Our offense wasn't effective, that's absolutely true. But it isn't because we turtled. And it wasn't because we didn't pass. It was because we couldn't execute. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

CJ has shown consistently he can give you 75% of those yards on 20 carries

I believe just like Brooks the more carries CJ gets the better flow he gets into. 

it was a reason he was the starter to start the season. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, D3zii said:

I believe just like Brooks the more carries CJ gets the better flow he gets into. 

it was a reason he was the starter to start the season. 

Respectfully I disagree. He never got into a rhythm even when we force fed him the ball, and a few long long runs are the only reason he’s averages 4.5 ypc. 

15 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

Respectfully I disagree. He never got into a rhythm even when we force fed him the ball, and a few long long runs are the only reason he’s averages 4.5 ypc. 

Last night was the most carries he’s had all season, give him some time, even Brooks didn’t get it going until the 3rd or 4th game. He’ll be alright RBs just have to get in the flow 

• Hook 'Em 2

Brooks can overcome this. Didn't Priest Holmes have a fairly serious injury before going to the pros - then went on to become one of the greatest runners in pro history. Just check out the titles of the vids available on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=priest+holmes+highlights+

Go get 'em JB!

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Brooks can overcome this. Didn't Priest Holmes have a fairly serious injury before going to the pros - then went on to become one of the greatest runners in pro history. Just check out the titles of the vids available on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=priest+holmes+highlights+

Go get 'em JB!

Has there been anything official on Brooks? My assistant was over at his place yesterday and she thought he seemed fine.

8 minutes ago, immamac said:

Yes he has a torn acl. 

Thanks. She was saying that he seemed in good spirits and was walking around. You would think that he would be in pain with stiffness and swelling. Maybe, she just didn't notice.

15 minutes ago, MisterP said:

What I took away from this is that you have an assistant that is banging J Brooks?

His roommate.

17 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Thanks. She was saying that he seemed in good spirits and was walking around. You would think that he would be in pain with stiffness and swelling. Maybe, she just didn't notice.

His roommate.

The best news is it could be a partial rupture and surgery is actually to repair instead of reconstruct. There are studies that show really high success rate of that kind of repair. I know because mine tore on replacement and they did this and they sent me all the studies to read up on. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

The best news is it could be a partial rupture and surgery is actually to repair instead of reconstruct. There are studies that show really high success rate of that kind of repair. I know because mine tore on replacement and they did this and they sent me all the studies to read up on. 

I saw some article the other day about waiting like a month after to have the surgery so all the inflamation goes down. Supposedly that helps the surgery and recovery go so much faster. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

11 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Our offense wasn't effective, that's absolutely true. But it isn't because we turtled. And it wasn't because we didn't pass. It was because we couldn't execute. 

Texas will never play a complete game, until we try too.

It's not just passing the ball.  Granted, QE missed a couple of reads and throws, but the mindset was clearly different in the 2nd half.

Notice anything different between the 1st half & 2nd half, keeping in mind the last pass to AD was 35 yards?

image.png.4e5369aac028579ea4a7e1fcfd8ba67a.png

Texas started 5 playmakers on offense that were destined to play in the NFL next year and passed for 74 yards in 30 minutes of football.

Completing a pass on 3rd & 1 is good, completing it for a 3 yard loss is worse than Greg Davis levels of idiocy.

Play our normal game, the 1st half, and Texas wins going away. Instead we get outscored in the 4th Qtr 20-3 by a bad TCU team and lose our MVP in the process. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I saw some article the other day about waiting like a month after to have the surgery so all the inflation goes down. Supposedly that helps the surgery and recovery go so much faster. 

God damn inflation! Now the Fed's fiscal plan is fucking with my college football!

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, PTINS said:

Texas will never play a complete game, until we try too.

It's not just passing the ball.  Granted, QE missed a couple of reads and throws, but the mindset was clearly different in the 2nd half.

Notice anything different between the 1st half & 2nd half, keeping in mind the last pass to AD was 35 yards?

image.png.4e5369aac028579ea4a7e1fcfd8ba67a.png

Texas started 5 playmakers on offense that were destined to play in the NFL next year and passed for 74 yards in 30 minutes of football.

Completing a pass on 3rd & 1 is good, completing it for a 3 yard loss is worse than Greg Davis levels of idiocy.

Play our normal game, the 1st half, and Texas wins going away. Instead we get outscored in the 4th Qtr 20-3 by a bad TCU team and lose our MVP in the process. 

We attempted 8 passes in the 3rd and got 34 yards for them. It wasn't for lack of trying or not running our offense. Our offense simply wasn't working. I don't think you even know what you're complaining about at this point. 

5 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

We attempted 8 passes in the 3rd and got 34 yards for them. It wasn't for lack of trying or not running our offense. Our offense simply wasn't working. I don't think you even know what you're complaining about at this point. 

Idk that this is an accurate representation. I think a lot of the frustration with this year's team in particular is there is very good players who have the opportunity to make great plays and they can't make the leap from good to great, but they are so damn close it's not an unreasonable hope/expectation etc. Yesterday was the first day I got to watch most of the games other than Texas with any kind of real attention. Washington isn't a great team, neither is Florida state, but they are explosive and they run lots of fucking plays so they overwhelm opponents with the style match up. Texas style match up relies on great execution in line with the coaches expectation or the players and within their capabilities to execute. It's not like Sark is calling plays that aren't good for the players and can't seem to get away from the design and execution misalignment it's thay the plays are executed mostly well, but small margins keep them from being great. 

I haven't listened to the press conference but read the transcript it sounds like Sark didn't have the answer still on what the hell was going on in the 2nd half to adjust and get TCU to not come back. It's like his plans get slightly derailed and he can't improvise the momentum shift, this is why people thing him being so in the playbook crouching on the sidelines is a bad thing for a head coach to be doing. I don't think it's a scheme issue, tcu didn't come out doing exotic shit, it's that they started to believe and our guys kept letting them believe. Taking the wind out of an opponents sails psychologically is a very big deal, when a game feels unwinnable or out of reach you aren't going to get the crazy high effort plays from the opponents. We get those till the end of the game because it's on film that anyone can beat Texas no matter how big the lead going into the 4th.

When you have near perfect execution you have Alabama results. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Exactly. You make the mother fuckers quit. You can tell when it happens. Beat on their ass until all they can think about is getting out the game injury free and getting back to their little fat girlfriends. (Rip Pirate)

If you have the team to line up destroy them running the ball, then go ahead. If you need to run tempo and throw it all of the place until their dicks are dragging, do that.

• 2 weeks later...