Jonathon Brooks is a Bad Mother Fucker

immamac

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Too early to say one way or another.  Roschon got significantly better over time.  Brooks may, too.  And, he's pretty fucking good right now.

The QB recruit got better as a RB than the RB recruit has yet, you don't say. RoJo deserves all the credit for what he did and the plays he was counted on to make happen. Again no need to downplay him to hype Brooks. This is fucking stupid to even have to say in a thread devoted to a different player.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Covri said:

The QB recruit got better as a RB than the RB recruit has yet, you don't say. RoJo deserves all the credit for what he did and the plays he was counted on to make happen. Again no need to downplay him to hype Brooks. This is fucking stupid to even have to say in a thread devoted to a different player.

I agree.  I'm not sure why Roschon was brought up.  But, if they're going to be compared, I'm going to point out that the comparison is between a 4-year player and a sophomore.  I think Brooks still has more upside to show us.

• Hook 'Em 1

I too like the description of him as a glider and the JC comparison.  
He looked great every time he’s had the ball in the past but you never know if that was because he was fresh and defenses were gassed.  
he showed good patience on a couple of the runs last game.  he let his blocking develop and accelerated through the hole.

10 hours ago, cmontexas said:

He reminds me of Arian Foster. Runs upright but maintains tremendous balance. Great acceleration 

That is a good comp.  I also think despite a couple drops, Brooks is a really good receiver like Foster.

I will be really interested to see what Brooks runs at the combine.  I think he is faster than I thought he was.

A slower version of Charles is also pretty decent comp that someone made.

12 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Camar Wheaton LJ Johnson were the top RB targets in that 2021 class. Wheaton got hurt and was never the same, and LJ has done nothing. Brooks turned out to be the best back in Texas that year.

I never would've thought that 2 years later both them fools would be JAGs at SMU and here's Brooks grabbing the lead back job by the horns. 

He runs strong and with balance, I really like watching him. I know Sark is super high on CJ (and his pedigree speaks for itself being a 5 star), but watching Brooks during the Alabama and Wyoming games made me a believer. If its not there, he'll put his head down and fight for 2-3. But you give him daylight and he'll turn it into a huge chunk. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1