Jonathon Brooks is a Bad Mother Fucker

immamac

21 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

JC was a burner and a slasher. Brooks is a physical back who has some speed. He is not a poor man's JC, he is a rich man's Keontay Ingram.

JC was plenty physical at the collegiate level. I’d argue he was a better choice for goal line runs than Henry Melton by a country mile.

Edited by lilMAC25

I still remember when aggy was happy they won out on the LJ Johnson recruitment. I said back then that Brooks would have a better college career, because Johnson didn't appear to like playing football. aggy is now peak late tenure Mack Brown, chasing star rankings with little to no development.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I still remember when aggy was happy they won out on the LJ Johnson recruitment. I said back then that Brooks would have a better college career, because Johnson didn't appear to like playing football. aggy is now peak late tenure Mack Brown, chasing star rankings with little to no development.

Kind of like the opposite of the Ced Benson/Derek Farmer debate.  Many aggys would have bet their life Farmer was going to better than Ced Benson and that Benson was overrated.  Oh look how the tables turned.  Brooks is going to hit 1k yards this year and Johnson might transfer (if he hasn't already).

Kinda like whoever comes in right after Saban finally hangs up the headset, Brooks had the tall task of not only taking over feature back from one of top 5 Longhorn RB's of all time, but fending off a highly touted 5* Freshman. I think he's getting in the groove and making a name for himself this year. Yes, JB can have that wallet.

• Hook 'Em 1