Jonathon Brooks is a Bad Mother Fucker

immamac

20 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Ollie Gordon ran it well on KSU's ass, so will Brooks.  

Maybe Klieman runs a 3-3-5 bend but don't break defense against Texas as most expect.   But because Texas is playing a new qb, IMO KSU has to go all in to stop the run to at least start the game, and make Murphy beat them with his arm.  Should be some openings over the top, and if Murphy connects early, KSU will more likely switch defensively to the expected.    

JB has indeed exceeded all expectations this season. I knew he was going to be solid but didn't forsee he was going to be yet another Texas RB with the skillset to get extra yards when there are none to be had. I just wish he had a bit more yardage thus far so he could at least slide into the Heisman convo this year. Don't have to win it, just being mentioned week to week can do wonders for draft order.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ousux said:

JB has indeed exceeded all expectations this season. I knew he was going to be solid but didn't forsee he was going to be yet another Texas RB with the skillset to get extra yards when there are none to be had. I just wish he had a bit more yardage thus far so he could at least slide into the Heisman convo this year. Don't have to win it, just being mentioned week to week can do wonders for draft order.

What's so cool about JB is also how fluid he is when he runs. It's like he swims through the second level and he somehow doesn't look like he's running hard at top gear.

• Hook 'Em 1

What's so cool about JB is also how fluid he is when he runs. It's like he swims through the second level and he somehow doesn't look like he's running hard at top gear.
His time as 3rd string wasn't wasted. He learned Bijan's smooth juke moves and Rojo's getting an extra yard by fighting forward when tackled.

8 minutes ago, ousux said:
13 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

His time as 3rd string wasn't wasted. He learned Bijan's smooth juke moves and Rojo's getting an extra yard by fighting forward when tackled.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Baxter needs to be 4th string the rest of the season. Hes about 35% less productive than Brooks, Blue and Robinson

I wouldn't go that far, but Baxter looks to be struggling with running over men instead of running over highschool boys like he was doing last year.

3 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Need to get Blue some carries.  He looks good and he’ll be vital next year if Brooks goes into the draft.  

This is where I was headed, about Baxter. He looks a little slow. I thought Blue looked faster, and he should be rewarded with more touches. I didn't look at his blocking, so that might be an issue.

6 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

I'm 48 and creakier than I used to be. Every time Brooks gets up after being tackled, he looks like me getting off the floor. I can't tell when he's hurt and when he's just doing his old man standing up impression.

“He goes down slow too.”

- Bum Phillips

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

He eeked out a few extra yards on several runs yesterday. That was crucial because it gave Texas manageable third downs. Love this guy. 

The fumble was unfortunate, but it was just a bang bang play that was unfortunate. Wish we had more bodies around him to have recovered. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

He eeked out a few extra yards on several runs yesterday. That was crucial because it gave Texas manageable third downs. Love this guy. 

Yeah, he's especially adept at turning 1-yard plays into 4 yards.

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

The fumble was unfortunate, but it was just a bang bang play that was unfortunate. Wish we had more bodies around him to have recovered. 

Right.  It's gonna happen, and 1 fumble every 9 games is very acceptable.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2