Texas vs. Kansas - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

Just now, TexEx15 said:

No but being on the sideline in street clothes is converting. In the other hand no boot crutches or noticeable limp is good. I choose to believe Sark sat him for obvious reasons.

Yeah, smarter to just sit him. Take no chances. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Blue transfers out and becomes a #1 option at Kansas next year (hope he stays)

Congrats to this fella...

image.thumb.png.7b320dbf2b51e3aea5670e1cb274a7e2.png

I also hope he stays, but if we keep Gibson and Clark, I'm not sure if he will, unfortunately. But he's stuck it out so far, but again, he already has Brooks and a frosh Baxter ahead of him. Maybe if Brooks leaves for the NFL (it would take like a 1600-1800 yards this season for it to happen), but other than that he'll still be behind. I'm personally not sold on Gibson, but I can see Clark move past him 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, coachherman'sgrill said:

No way that is accurate. If so, Holy shit! Kansas was #1 in the nation on 3rd down conversions (I think) amd went for ofer

Accurate or not, their badass QB was out for the game, so ...

I thought Bean was decent though. He just had to contend with a great D that adjusted.

It really looks like Sark spends the 1st half of these games almost like practices to see what is working, what is a dud, how the team handles different situations.  Those throws behind the LOS seem to be a Texas tradition, unfortunately.  We ran a 2 minute drill at the end of the half with 3 timeouts in our pocket; why?  It is absolutely maddening.

Sideshow Bert is a huge liability, really hope his inconsistency doesn't end up costing when it really, really matters.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Based purely on resume, we should be ranked #1. 

We beat the #24 team by 26 points. We beat the #12 team by 10 points. We beat Wyoming, who is about to be 4-1, by 21 points. Wyoming could very well be ranked next week. 

We have 2 maybe 3 double-digit wins against ranked teams. 

Agreed

But I want this team to feel doubted so they lay the pipe to every team, and save the murder spree for tech on our way to the CFP and NC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ummm, Blue > Baxter

Wonder if Baxter is either still hurt or apprehensive about reaggrivating the injury. I’ve also been pleasantly with how hard Blue runs when he’s been given the ball this year.

Texas’s season so far has been a tale of two teams and this reflected both sides of that. On the plus side, Texas playing sharp can beat anyone. Downside, they can beat themselves too.

I will say this is another one I think Texas probably finds a way to lose, or at least take to the wire, in 2021-22. Team has legit flaws but you have to acknowledge the growth in resilience.

Enough about this game though. This season won’t be remembered for the Kansas game.

Let Hate Week begin.

Just now, Modessit said:
4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

That’s what B Rob said on LHN, that’s why I asked

They had a 50+ TD reception and several passes to the TE, so unless they had a lot of negative plays to counter it....

8 rushing yards. Which is legit 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Based purely on resume, we should be ranked #1. 

We beat the #24 team by 26 points. We beat the #12 team by 10 points. We beat Wyoming, who is about to be 4-1, by 21 points. Wyoming could very well be ranked next week. 

We have 2 maybe 3 double-digit wins against ranked teams. 

Correction, we beat the #3 team by 10 points. You don't do that thing where you adjust the rankings as the team goes unless they like bottom out, because the only reason Bama is #12 instead of #3 or #4 is because we beat them. Otherwise they're undefeated and still highly ranked.

• Hook 'Em 2