Don’t fuck around, go win the Big 12

troph

If Texas wins out:

Everyone is eliminated from the championship game except OU, Kansas, Ok St, and West Virginia.

OU has games remaining against the other three.  OU wins pretty much eliminate whoever they beat, unless OU loses two.

Kansas plays Ok St tomorrow and Ok St plays West Virginia in a week.  Losers of those games are probably out.

The games at TCU and Iowa State scare me the most. They both have given us trouble lately, and would love nothing more than to derail our season. I would normally also say Tech, but it is at home. 

But aren’t Iowa states good players all out because of betting?
  • Haha 1

only "good" thing that can come from losing the RRS is if it refocuses and pisses off the team to steamroll everyone in their way until the rematch.  Venables and the linebacker wearing t-shirts shit talking Texas only helps our cause.  

Need to get them again and run through the fuckers to the playoff. 

44 minutes ago, z009 said:

They really don't run him that often. They only ran him as much as they did against us because they knew they had to produce some kind of run game to win. Against the rest of their schedule, they can simply be pass-happy.

But they ran him enough to get him knocked out before the RRS last yr.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

To be flat honest I think the only team that can beat us IS us. We show up focus and dialed and and its the woodshed for errbody and I'm not even joking. We haven't played a clean game yet. Too many young guys in key positions. When you are young but talented you are explosive but struggle with consistent execution. Thats why we struggle in the redzone. Someone always makes a killer mistake. However, as we gain more and more experience the execution level gets better and lookout.

This is the long version of the thread title. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah that fuckin' toad program deserves to be cursed especially after hiring baby briles!!!

You are remiss in not mentioning Sonny Dykes, the pouty mouth bitch that is their HC. He get's his baby face pout on every call that doesn't go his way. And I've yet to see a call he bitched about that wasn't the right call.

• Like 1

They really don't run him that often. They only ran him as much as they did against us because they knew they had to produce some kind of run game to win. Against the rest of their schedule, they can simply be pass-happy.

They also did it because they knew they could. Running the QB has been a blind spot for PK. If there is a rematch they will do it again and it will be just as effective.

To be flat honest I think the only team that can beat us IS us. We show up focus and dialed and and its the woodshed for errbody and I'm not even joking. We haven't played a clean game yet. Too many young guys in key positions. When you are young but talented you are explosive but struggle with consistent execution. Thats why we struggle in the redzone. Someone always makes a killer mistake. However, as we gain more and more experience the execution level gets better and lookout.

Yes but also if you haven’t played a clean game six games in, that’s what you are. Those mental errors aren’t going to magically get cleaned up halfway through the year.
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, immamac said:

But what about the magic underpants? 

13 hours ago, troph said:

I hate to break it to ya but they don’t do the magic we’d like them to do. 

The garments include tops. Not all the magic is to be found in the pants, although Surly tends to focus there. NTTAWWT

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Yes but also if you haven’t played a clean game six games in, that’s what you are. Those mental errors aren’t going to magically get cleaned up halfway through the year.

In some guys yes. Worthy and those other guys who've been here a minute are what they are, but guys like Campbell who are just getting playing time will get better. The one thing I can appreciate about our staff is they develop guys and are solid at evaluation.

In some guys yes. Worthy and those other guys who've been here a minute are what they are, but guys like Campbell who are just getting playing time will get better. The one thing I can appreciate about our staff is they develop guys and are solid at evaluation.

I was referring to the whole team. At this point we know this is a very talented team with a very high ceiling that struggles to put it all together on a consistent basis. That’s not the end of the world against the remaining schedule though.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming Texas wins the rest of their Big XII games, they now control their destiny.  The OU loss eliminated the chance of a three-way tie among 1 loss teams involving Texas.

Among Big XII teams with one loss, Texas can move ahead of Iowa State and K State by winning.  The winner of next weekend's OU / Ok State game is the likely championship game opponent.

The Bedlam winner is in a great position.  Ok State closes out at UCF, at UH and BYU at home.  OU has West Virginia at home, a road trip to BYU, and TCU at home.

Texas' path is more difficult, but they now control it.

• Hook 'Em 5

For fun, because I honestly think we drop another game with QE out, red zone struggles, and injuries buuut if we don’t is it even a for sure thing we make it to the playoffs?

I think UGA, FSU,UM/tOSu stay undefeated. If Oregon beats Washington would Oregon get in?

Washington seems like they want to lose so if Oregon beats a 1 loss Washington it could be between us and Oregon. Tough to say.

We really need 1-3 to lose a game and bama to keep winning.

Need one more to drop plus the loser of tOSU and Michigan. It’s a bit more complicated without the possibility of Texas beating an undefeated OU, but what the hell they lost to Kansas. So it’s good.

Edited by troph

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

For fun, because I honestly think we drop another game with QE out, red zone struggles, and injuries buuut if we don’t is it even a for sure thing we make it to the playoffs?

I think UGA, FSU,UM/tOSu stay undefeated. If Oregon beats Washington would Oregon get in?

Washington seems like they want to lose so if Oregon beats a 1 loss Washington it could be between us and Oregon. Tough to say.

We really need 1-3 to lose a game and bama to keep winning.

Washington beat oregon already.   But to your point if georgia, Fstate, michigan/ohio state and washington are undefeated - yes we are left out. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Washington beat oregon already.   But to your point if georgia, Fstate, michigan/ohio state and washington are undefeated - yes we are left out. 

Georgia beats bama to stay undefeated and this is the right call. I don’t see Washington winning out. 

One game at a time. Big 12 champ is the goal and then you let the rest sort itself out - team can’t control what happens around the country. Saturday can shatter that goal in an instant if they don’t focus on controlling what they can control 

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

If Texas wins out and Bama wins out. We will be in. If Bama doesnt win out, then we will need some help in the form of Florida State dropping a game (likely). OR the Pac-12 eating itself from within (also likely).

This isn’t true.

Who is Florida State “likely” to lose to between @Pittsburg, Miami, Nawf Alabama, and @Florida?  And it looks like FSU vs Louisville in the ACC title.

It’s not guaranteed we get in in any way:

- undefeated FSU

- 1 loss (or undefeated) big 10

- 1 loss Pac

- undefeated or 1 loss SEC

- 1 loss Texas 

^^^^^^ This isn't even English but pure frontier gibberish, Gabby.

Firstly, "They HAVE eternal scoreboard over us" ????WTF?  We will play these fucks again maybe, why not use them to fill an out of conference hole in our schedule down the road?
Secondly, the team that got beat goes into a rematch game with a better chance of winning if the level of talent is fairly equal. So we'd want the land thieves over their little brother. 

27 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This isn’t true.

Who is Florida State “likely” to lose to between @Pittsburg, Miami, Nawf Alabama, and @Florida?  And it looks like FSU vs Louisville in the ACC title.

- undefeated FSU

- 1 loss Pac

- 1 loss Texas 

You think a 1 loss Bama gets in over a 1 loss Texas? I can definitely see Washington losing a game or two and then they will probably end up playing Oregon. And lol, yes I think Florida State will drop 1 of those games along the way. They aren't world beaters.  

This isn’t true.

- undefeated FSU
- 1 loss Pac
- 1 loss Texas 

FSU isn’t likely to lose any given game individually but the odds of them taking a loss over the next five games with what will probably include a couple tough games somewhere in there (because college football) are pretty decent. Because basic probability.

Still, the CFP isn’t worth worrying about. It’s pretty clear this isn’t a top four team. If they back in that’s great but winning the first conference title in 14 years on the way out the door is its own reward.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

You think a 1 loss Bama gets in over a 1 loss Texas? I can definitely see Washington losing a game or two and then they will probably end up playing Oregon. And lol, yes I think Florida State will drop 1 of those games along the way. They aren't world beaters.  

Bama is going to lose another game whether it’s LSU or UGA.

I don’t think Washington remains undefeated. Will Oregon drop another game? Idk their schedule

Cristobal is the coach of Miami. I do not believe in them. Florida? Idk. It is a rivalry game maybe.

If it’s between us and Oregon to get in who would they choose?

17 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I don’t think Washington remains undefeated. Will Oregon drop another game? Idk their schedule

Cristobal is the coach of Miami. I do not believe in them. Florida? Idk. It is a rivalry game maybe.

I think they would pick us because we are a much bigger brand. But maybe they wouldnt. I think they will be ranked #6 in the CFP poll this week and we will be #7. 

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

This isn’t true.

- undefeated FSU

- 1 loss Pac

- 1 loss Texas 

Miami

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’ve seen this movie before. Okie State receiving tons of hype, rolling, and catch OU at home. OU is coming off a loss, and struggling again on defense.

I fully expect OU to blow their doors off next week. 

Literally the last time this happened (2021) we won.

But as a long-suffering fan, I get the skepticism. 

On the one hand, OU hasn’t played well on the road in two years. This year they have played 3 true road games - they struggled with SMU and Cincinnati and just lost to Kansas. But on the other hand, I’m sure the game they will finally put it together will be in Stillwater, lol. 

I honestly have no idea what to think about this game. I expect our secondary will be burned deep several times, but every time I think I’ve seen the most spectacular Ollie Gordon thing he does something more spectacular on the next play so… I don’t know.

14 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’ve seen this movie before. Okie State receiving tons of hype, rolling, and catch OU at home. OU is coming off a loss, and struggling again on defense.

Of all the years to beat OU, this is it for oSu. I'm also skeptical but OU is beatable, even for a program that struggles to do so...like Kansas. 

24 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

It feels like 2008 all over again.

Yes, we’re all happy OU lost yesterday, but another top 5 win in the Big 12 Championship would have been nice. Long season, and their schedule is so easy they’ll probably creep back in the top 10 by December. 

I think Bama winning the West without a competitive loss to Georgia in Atlanta would also be helpful. 

K State would have 3 losses after we hopefully beat them. It’s a big challenge for us, but a K State win would largely be overlooked nationally. 

Decent-ish chance that Iowa State is ranked when we play them in Ames. 

Oregon frankly isn’t nearly as impressive. Good chance they won’t play another ranked team until the PAC Championship. That said, winning the “best conference in 2024” + a top 4 win on the last weekend of the season is going to be tough to say no to. I hope it doesn’t come down to that. 

39 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Don't be ridiculous. 

OSU will have the game won and invent a new way to lose, never before seen in the history of the sport.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Settle a hypothetical argument between my son and me.

TX wins out.

Mich, FSU, and Bama win out for 3 playoff berths 

Does TX or GA get in?  Even if GA were to lose on some fluke, hail Mary, I still think it's TX.  My son can't see GA dropping 4 spots out of the playoffs in a close loss.

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

TX wins out.

Does TX or GA get in?  Even if GA were to lose on some fluke, hail Mary, I still think it's TX.  My son can't see GA dropping 4 spots out of the playoffs in a close loss.

You’d have 3 data points in Texas’ favor: a win over Bama, no loss since October and a conference championship 

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

TX wins out.

This is dumb. Because if Texas wins out then we are ahead of Bama in the pecking order. And Georgia wont go over Bama. So Georgia is out and Texas is #3 in that scenario. 

2 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Miami

You understand there’s a difference between “likely” and “possibly,” right?

The same Miami that had to go to OT to beat Virginia is “likely” to beat FSU? Nah. That is your wish and hope but it doesn’t match with reality. And that game is played in Tallahassee.

• Hook 'Em 1